Maggots, I got your motivation right here!

Options

Replies

• PANZERIA
    PANZERIA Posts: 471 Member
    Options
    This is awesome. =) I've already got a drill sergeant in my hubby, but I definitely agree that a lot of people need to get over the whole 'touchy feely' weight loss motivation.
  • d0gma
    d0gma Posts: 3,966 Member
    Options
    Screen name: d0gma
    Goal: 54 lbs to go.
    Workout history: None.
    Equipment: Treadmill.
    HRM/fitbit: HRM
  • cushygal
    cushygal Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    Did I make it in???

ScreenName: cushygal
    Goal: lose 20 the last 20 pounds
    Past History Working Out: been running for 2 years and just started weight training
    I belong to a gym so I have access to alot of equipment
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: HRM, Garmin and a FitBIT

Thanks - this sounds like what I need!!!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    ScreenName: CANTJUSTCANT
    Goal: BREAK PLATEAU I HAVE BEEN IN SINCE OCTOBER
    Past History Working Out: 4X WEEK MINIMUM
    Equipment you have access to: >12 WEIGHTS, TREADMILL AND OUTDOORS OHHH AND STABILITY BALL
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: HRM

BRING IT! I AIN'T SCARED!!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options
    Filled up!

If more people post and it ends up being 10-15 people. We will create an Alpha and Bravo squad!
  • chadtruitt
    Options
    Maggots, I got your motivation right here.

drill_sergeant.jpg

It’s time to get real in this cesspool we call Chit-Chat. Many of you will not make it. You will fail. You will come back crawling afterwards and try to do it over again. I’m NOT HAVING ANY OF THAT. DO YOU HEAR ME!! I’ve been surfing these forums and the amount of people saying.. “Oh Please, help me, I need motivation..”, NO WHAT YOU NEED IS TO MOVE IT PRIVATE!!!! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!! This isn’t your mothers MFP (Well it might be….ANYWAYS), you are going to SWEAT, you are going to maybe CRY, you are going to LOSE FAT, you are going to look WONDERFUL.. WHY?!? BECAUSE I SAID SO! DO YOU UNDERSTAND… IF you give me any sass I’m going to come at you like a Spider Monkey jacked up on 1,3d and caffeine wanting a banana from a ten foot tree.. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME PRIVATES!!!!! KEEP A MOVE ON IT.. MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!! PUT DOWN THAT BIG MAC RIGHT NOW, I'm the only BIG MAC around here PRIVATE!!!!!!!!

I am starting a MFP DRILL SARGENT Themed challenge group. If you are interested fill out this form and post it or PM me.

ScreenName:
    Goal:
    Past History Working Out:
    Equipment you have access to:
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit:

I will use this info to tailor the challenges to the group!!!!

YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO POST your updates MIN. 4-5 times weekly!

Going to start a small 25 person group at the start to test. I have 6 spots filled already.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!! MOVE IT!!! MOVE IT!!

PLEASE do not ever post another picture of one of my brother Marines and use the verbiage of "DRILL SERGEANT"....... It's "DRILL INSTRUCTOR". We are not in the ARMY here.

Sincerely

Live2RunNJ
    USMC - 1990/1994

And if you are going to call us the wrong thing atleast spell it right for the love of god!!!!!
  • Alacey88
    Alacey88 Posts: 487 Member
    Options
    im in.

ScreenName: Alacey88
    Goal: 10 pounds
    Past History Working Out: Cardio, weights, biking, softball, workout videos
    Equipment you have access to: Gym, bike, videos
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: no

Only if needed!!! Please let me know!!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

And if you are going to call us the wrong thing atleast spell it right for the love of god!!!!!

Actually went to change it before hand but it was past the edit time here.
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Sure, why not!

ScreenName: vim_n_vigor
    Goal: weight loss and fitness improvement
    Past History Working Out: past few months - walking, zumba, 30 day shred, light weights
    Equipment you have access to: wii - zumba, wii fit, 25 pound free weights, jump rope, running shoes, resistance bands
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: fitbit
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I want in on this but man you people move fast . I was off doing a core workout while watching some gold medals being won on tv! If there are other squads being formed, I want in!

ScreenName: beckaboo_11
    Goal: 130lbs/Figure Competition
    Past History Working Out: Military based fitness bootcamp, tailored weightlifting program, running
    Equipment you have access to: gym, pool, body bar, dumbbells, my own two feet and the body i was gifted with
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: i have a HRM and Garmin
  • Amom2Two
    Amom2Two Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    darn....I'm always a step behind everything! Please count me in if you start a second group:

ScreenName:
    Goal:

Amom2Two
    Goal: Lose 15 pounds, make my pear shape more even shaped. Leggs need alot of work. Fat sits on my legs more then my tummy.

Equipment: I have a treadmill, exercise bike, free weights, weight machines for legs, shoulders, arms, back.
    I don't have the last bit of information
  • orangesmartie
    orangesmartie Posts: 1,870 Member
    Options
    Sign me up if there's another squad

ScreenName: orangesmartie
    Goal: increased fitness and weightloss
    Past History Working Out: Patchy at best. Trying to be more consistent since attending bootcamp two weeks ago. Swim 3x per week and just started C25k
    Equipment you have access to: Youtube videos, skipping rope
  • jenpeterson96
    jenpeterson96 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    If you have a second squad, I'd like in:
    ScreenName: jenpeterson96
    30-day Goal: complete a 10 mile run; lose 7 more pounds
    Past History Working Out: pretty consistent since January...running, lifting some weights since June.
    Equipment you have access to: Y gym (free weights, treadmill, etc.) bike, running shoes
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: Garmin w/HRM
  • KimberlyDCZ
    KimberlyDCZ Posts: 525 Member
    Options
    Actually, this IS my mother's MFP, she joined when I did :-)
  • DonniesGirl69
    DonniesGirl69 Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Maggots, I got your motivation right here.

drill_sergeant.jpg

It’s time to get real in this cesspool we call Chit-Chat. Many of you will not make it. You will fail. You will come back crawling afterwards and try to do it over again. I’m NOT HAVING ANY OF THAT. DO YOU HEAR ME!! I’ve been surfing these forums and the amount of people saying.. “Oh Please, help me, I need motivation..”, NO WHAT YOU NEED IS TO MOVE IT PRIVATE!!!! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!! This isn’t your mothers MFP (Well it might be….ANYWAYS), you are going to SWEAT, you are going to maybe CRY, you are going to LOSE FAT, you are going to look WONDERFUL.. WHY?!? BECAUSE I SAID SO! DO YOU UNDERSTAND… IF you give me any sass I’m going to come at you like a Spider Monkey jacked up on 1,3d and caffeine wanting a banana from a ten foot tree.. DO YOU UNDERSTAND ME PRIVATES!!!!! KEEP A MOVE ON IT.. MOVE IT! MOVE IT! MOVE IT!! PUT DOWN THAT BIG MAC RIGHT NOW, I'm the only BIG MAC around here PRIVATE!!!!!!!!

I am starting a MFP DRILL SARGENT Themed challenge group. If you are interested fill out this form and post it or PM me.

ScreenName:
    Goal:

I will use this info to tailor the challenges to the group!!!!

YOU WILL BE EXPECTED TO POST your updates MIN. 4-5 times weekly!

Going to start a small 25 person group at the start to test. I have 6 spots filled already.

WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!!! MOVE IT!!! MOVE IT!!

I'm in....
    Screen Name: DonniesGirl69

Goal: Shed the last 10 pounds, increase upper body strength

Past workout history: I run 5 days a week 3-5 miles per day, strength train and alternate cardio in the gym three days a week, JM 30 Day Shred starting today.

Equipment: 1,3 and 8 pound dumbells...free standing striking/training bag....Nautilis style weight machines/treadmill/summit trainer at my company gym

HRM: I have a Garmin GPS Forerunner 110 watch with chest strap HRM
  • nikinyx6
    nikinyx6 Posts: 772 Member
    Options
    This is what I need :) I'm sure a second squad will be full too

ScreenName: Nikinyx6
    Goal: 115lbs
    Past History Working Out: moderate...I'd like to think I'm reasonably fit..have bad knees though
    Equipment you have access to: Treadmill, hand weights, sneakers, pool, bicycle...
    Do you have a HRM/BodyMedia/Fitbit: nope

EDIT: I can't type :(
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    ScreenName: scapez
    Goal: Approximately 6-8 pounds / less body fat
    Past History Working Out: Zumba, Walking, 30DS, C25K, running, various MFP challenges.
    Equipment you have access to: Hand weights, running shoes!
  • lyndian_rogers
    Options
    This is irrelevant but I read that whole post in R. Lee Ermeys voice

hahaha... yyyyeeeesssss!!!!!
  • bwcrouch
    bwcrouch Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Bump for later. Working with a trainer now ... but this looks interesting for after