Quinoa lovers!

Options

Replies

• eedossa
    eedossa Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Bumping for later. Thanks for all the fun recipes!
  • kaittx13
    kaittx13 Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    mmmm love that stuff! i made a "mac and cheese" i think it is on my recipes if you wanna take a look!
  • jwuchef87
    jwuchef87 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    bump! yummm
  • MisterIncredible
    MisterIncredible Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Bump.
  • marathon64
    marathon64 Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    These all look great!

How about lemony kale quinoa salad:

1 bunch of kale-Pull kale off stem and chop coarsly
    Tenderize with a little salt- 1/8 t
    2 avocados-remove peel and pit and use hands to thoroughly mix with kale
    add juice of 1 lemon
    1 t cilantro to taste
    Radishes
    Olives
    quinoa-2 cups

YUM!
  • Balance05
    Balance05 Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Bump

Love all these recipes!

Today I made:

1 zucchini diced
    1 yellow apple diced
    1 Turkey sausage link diced
    1 lb lean ground turkey
    1/3 c spaghetti sauce

Cook the meat with some crushed red pepper. Add zucchini and apple till apple is tender (not soggy!). Add tomato sauce. Serve over quinoa or brown rice. YUM!
  • Espressocycle
    Espressocycle Posts: 2,245 Member
    Options
    I like it with a little soy sauce and a generous helping of Japanese rice seasoning, which is seaweed, sesame, salt, sugar and other stuff - sometimes fish, sometimes not.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    Put taco seasoning in the water and use the quinoa to make tacos instead of chicken or beef

Take 1 tablespoon grated parmesan cheese and 1 wedge laughing cow swiss cheese and mix in 1 cup cooked quinoa when it's still hot and you have a nice mac and cheese substitute
    Quinoa tacos! I love this idea...thanks!
  • bexxgirl
    bexxgirl Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    These are my faves!

Quinoa - Cooked, 1 cup cooked (185g)
    White - Flour, 40 g
    Feta, 30 grams
    Spinach - Frozen, chopped or leaf, cooked, boiled, drained, without salt, 60 g
    Onions - Raw, 50 g
    Generic - Egg Raw - Large, 2 large
    Oil - Olive, 1 tablespoon
    Chopped parsley (about half a cup)
    Salt and pepper to taste

Beat the eggs lightly, then mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. Make into fritters and fry in a non-stick pan with a bit of olive oil. I baked mine in the oven to finish them off for a while, too. Super yum with some stir fried veges - would be good with a salad or something, too!

And only 126 cals per fritter (they're reasonably large, too!)
  • thenewmrsfitz
    Options
    These all look amazing! How about

Breakfast Quinoa

Ingredients:

1 cup cooked quinoa
    1/4 cup vanilla rice milk
    1 sliced banana
    3 diced dates
    3 pinches cinnamon
    1 pinch nutmeg
    1 pinch ginger
    1 pinch pepper
    1 tablespoon flax
    1/2 tablespoon brown sugar

Directions:

After cooking quinoa, combine quinoa with all ingredients except brown sugar in a small pot.
    Cook on medium low, stirring constantly until bananas are mostly melted in and rice milk is evaporated (about 5 minutes).
    Plate and top with brown sugar.
    Enjoy!

from http://www.healthytippingpoint.com
  • JoyceJoanne
    JoyceJoanne Posts: 760 Member
    Options
    I love you people! I was just searching for recipes. I'm new to quinoa.
  • JosieRawr
    JosieRawr Posts: 788 Member
    Options
    bump for later
    And I typically keep it simple,
    I cook quinoa in batches with a little olive oil(1tbs per dry cup of quinoa).
    I cook my meats or beans seasoned a little stronger than I normally would(I'm a big fan of lemon pepper chicken yum, n minced garlic and onions in just about everything lol)
    veggies I usually just put the quinoa in with the veggies when they're almost done so that the quinoa will soak up the water soluble vitamins and the flavor of the veggies, add a little butter(or not) n I'm set! or if I'm steaming I just prepare as normal.

When I'm ready to eat, I take a cup of quinoa and add w/e serving of meat, veggies etc.

For breakfast quinoa I cook the quinoa as normal then set in in a bowl with extra water and chocolate nibs, cinnamon, fruit, etc etc(depending on what I feel like) then toss it on the stove in the morning for a few minutes
  • katelyth
    katelyth Posts: 16
    Options
    Bump :)
  • lfm1968
    lfm1968 Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    I love the Quinoa Black Bean Recipe on All recipes.... Eat it room temp for lunch. Super Yummy!!!
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    bump
  • bellabijou
    bellabijou Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    I am sure someone has mentioned it already, but if not, definitely check out the Quinoa 365 recipe book, it is AMAZING. I have made so many great things from it, and it has really helped me get creative thinking of ways I can incorporate quinoa into other foods ( like baking, which I love to do)
    The granola is nice and light and tastes great with yogurt, and the chocolate cake is divine if you need to make something to take to a dinner party.

I also love using quinoa in my turkey burgers instead of breadcrumbs to bind, and my favorite is to eat it with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and reduced fat feta with a low cal greek dressing as a greek salad - so filling!
  • ucabucca
    ucabucca Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Jipples
    Jipples Posts: 663 Member
    Options
    Never had it....whats it like? Grits?
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    i love the bags of quinoa u can buy that are flavored and then add veggies to it.
  • NoahandPresleysMom
    NoahandPresleysMom Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Never had it....whats it like? Grits?

more like cous cous