Need PCOS friends

Options
I have PCOS and have had difficulty getting pregnant. I need friends for support so add me please :) Also check out my blog: http://aprilandjerimiah.blogspot.com/

Replies

• KristinWill1023
    KristinWill1023 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Hello my name is Kristin I have PCOS also, I had a miscarriage the end of June due to PCOS. Now I am trying to lose weight. I would love a fellow PCOS fighter
  • crossuturn
    crossuturn Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    I just added you :)
  • imaginekat29
    Options
    Just started trying to lose weight. Depression has kept me from trying for quite awhile. I thought my PCOS was always going to keep me down. I wish the best for you both!
  • KristinWill1023
    Options
    Yea I have a major problem with depression also but I have realized that losing weight will make it go away
  • susi819
    susi819 Posts: 50 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and after losing nearly 60lbs 3 years ago, God blessed me with a little girl. I hope I can have another child once this weight comes off, but all I can say is that it IS possible!
  • Kgreteman
    Kgreteman Posts: 5
    Options
    Hey ladies! I was just diagnosed with PCOS as well. I'm just trying to adjust to everything that changes... my OB/GYN prescribed Adipex-P for me. Anyone else tried it? Any other advice, just looking for a few ladies that can lean on each other and support each other.... :)
  • sjkinemond
    sjkinemond Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey ladies! I was diagnosed with PCOS about 10 years ago. I've found weight loss to be really difficult for me. I've gained almost 100 pounds in those 10 years, now I try like heck to lose it, but I'll lose 5 or 10 pounds, then stop losing. My doc just prescribed me Glucophage, and it seems to be helping with the weight loss. I also have some crazy dietary restrictions because I have kidney problems, and had to have one removed, so I'm low protein, low sodium, low oxalate which makes dieting even harder.

On a positive note though, they told me when I was diagnosed that I probably wouldn't be able to have kids, and I've been blessed with 2!!
  • lmruthe
    lmruthe Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    Hi all. I too have Pcos. I got pregnant naturally in 2008 and been trying like heck to give him a little brother or sister. I just can not get pregnant.
  • AsellusReborn
    AsellusReborn Posts: 1,112 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. Had my daughter in Jan 09 after fertility treatment - a more aggressive second round failed to bring around baby #2. Feel free to add me.
  • KristinWill1023
    Options
    Hey ladies! I was just diagnosed with PCOS as well. I'm just trying to adjust to everything that changes... my OB/GYN prescribed Adipex-P for me. Anyone else tried it? Any other advice, just looking for a few ladies that can lean on each other and support each other.... :)

I am on adipex right now my doctor put me on it about 2 weeks ago, its defenitley helping with weight lose, and I haven't had any other symptoms.
  • mindygood
    mindygood Posts: 79 Member
    Options
    I am a wee bit older... however I fought that battle and now have 2 awesome kids 14 and 8... I went through all the hoops, lost a child and finally won.... Feel free to add.. I am sure treatments have changed but the mental frustration I am sure is the same...
  • petithamu
    petithamu Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    I was diagnosed with PCOS two years ago and was told I had 3% chance of ever conceive. I then started working out and eating healthy and lost 25lbs. I got pregnant last year naturally and gave birth to a baby girl 5 months ago.

Miracles do happen! Well, with the support of Jillian Michaels, MFP, and A LOT of self control...

I'm now returning back to MFP after a year time off and hope to get back to pre-pregnant body!
  • Dramaqueen30
    Dramaqueen30 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi all! I was diagnosed with PCOS about 4 years ago. I too struggle with my weight, fatigue and conceiving. I'm glad to find others who can relate. Feel free to add me!
  • pcosbeachbodycyster
    pcosbeachbodycyster Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS and currently have a group as well as blog for beachbody users with PCOS. I am blogging my journey with PCOS and my weight loss using Turbofire and shakeology. Please feel free to join if you are currently doing a program or have question.
    http://pcosbeachbodycyster.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/350587271685576/
  • KristinWill1023
    Options
    I have PCOS and currently have a group as well as blog for beachbody users with PCOS. I am blogging my journey with PCOS and my weight loss using Turbofire and shakeology. Please feel free to join if you are currently doing a program or have question.
    http://pcosbeachbodycyster.blogspot.com/

https://www.facebook.com/groups/350587271685576/

I asked to join the group on Facebook, I am about halfway done with my first cycle of Turbo Jam then I'm moving on to TF
  • ShelbyKathleenx
    Options
    I'm 20 years old and was diagnosed with PCOS 4 years ago. I'm struggling to lose weight and could use the motivation and positivity from others who have PCOS as well.
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    if anyone is doing low carb to help their pcos, feel free to add me!
  • kmm7309
    kmm7309 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    I have PCOS. My goal was to lose 50 pounds before I started TTC. I'm ovulating again already after just 45 pounds, but I put off the baby making for another year. The less I weigh, the better my chances and health! Feel free to add me!
  • docsharp
    docsharp Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    HI, I have PCOS as well. I'll add you!! I am always looking to connect with others who have this crazy syndrome...
  • linzee2207
    linzee2207 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Hey I have pcos too. trying to lose ~20 lbs. add me ! <3