30 Day Shred. Calories burned in level 1??? :)

Options
Do you think level 1 of the Shred burns as many calories as MFP estimates? I am supposed to burn 168 cals in 20 mins, but I think that seems a little bit too much. (I'm 5ft 2 and 138.6lbs). The database says that Curves circuit training burns 103 cals in 20 mins. Should I split the difference between the two and say the Shred burns 135 cals in 20?
Also, has anyone used a HRM while "shredding"? How many cals did you burn? :)

Replies

• GiGiBeans
    GiGiBeans Posts: 1,062 Member
    Options
    MFP calculates me at 202 cals, I'm 167 lbs. I log it as 150 tho as I think MFP is way too high. I'll probably get a HRM soon tho to be sure. But for now I take off about 25% of what MFP gives me and only eat back half of what's left.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    I've often wondered this myself. I'm 128lbs and I've always logged it as burning 160 cals but that seems a little high. I researched it online though and everything seems to say thats accurate. I think thats if you're just starting out and you're out of shape though. If you're used to it, its probably a lot less.
  • hippietofugirl
    Options
    Ok I just saw a post from a girl with a HRM who weighs 130lbs. She wrote that she burned 138 cals on level 1, and around 170 on level 2. That sounds pretty accurate. Hope that helps
  • Synryo
    Synryo Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Do you guys just log it in as generic circuit training? or is there a special category for this program (if there is, I couldn't find one)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    "Ok I just saw a post from a girl with a HRM who
    weighs 130lbs. She wrote that she burned 138 cals
    on level 1, and around 170 on level 2. That sounds
    pretty accurate. Hope that helps"

Thank you! I think that sounds about right. I'll log level 1 at 130 cals, level 2 at 150 cals and level 3 at 168 cals. :)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Do you guys just log it in as generic circuit training? or is there a special category for this program (if there is, I couldn't find one)
    I usually log it as Circuit training - general as there isn't a specific category for it. :)
  • SlinkyPinkyBunsOfSteel
    Options
    Thanks for your help everyone! x ;)
  • broomnic
    broomnic Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm 142lb , 5ft.5 have used hrm for 30 day shred - L1 164k and L2 - 231 K
    Hope this helps
  • ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I log it as general circuit training, it estimates I burn 174 calories. I'm 5'10", 145 lbs. I don't know if it's accurate or not, but I don't always eat back all of my exercise calories so it shouldn't be a big deal. Plus if I continue to log similarly for levels 2 and 3, it'll even out in the end.
  • klynn81
    klynn81 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I wear a polar FT4, I'm 240lbs, 5'6, and usually burn 250-270 cals while doing the first level.
  • ezbreezy813
    ezbreezy813 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know I'm late but I did level 1 with my HRM (new balance brand) and it logged me at 262 calorie burn from warm up to cool down. I am 5'7 180lbs.
  • BrandiMefferd
    BrandiMefferd Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I'm curious if anyone has gotten (great) results on the 30 Day Shred? I'm headed on vacation in 28 days, been doing this for 2... I'm 5'3, 135 lbs, hoping to see the results she promises! What have you all experienced so far? Thanks!
  • SoDamnHungry
    SoDamnHungry Posts: 6,998 Member
    Options
    Glad I found this post. Thanks! =)
  • daniellegwilliam
    daniellegwilliam Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    it all depends on your fitness level as well. You could be 130 lbs, but totally unfit and burn more as its a harder work out for you.
  • Yooperm35
    Yooperm35 Posts: 787 Member
    Options
    I did the level 1 today for the first time and wore my Polar HRM - 170 calories burned. I thought it was low, but maybe that's normal?
  • Wrobat
    Wrobat Posts: 2
    Options
    Just started Level 1 yesterday. I burned 262 yesterday and 250 today according to my Polar FT7 HRM. I'm 5'6' and 155 lbs and not very fit.
  • megsi474
    megsi474 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    I also wear a Polar HRM and burn about 175-ish doing Level 1. I'm 5'6" and 146#.
  • chanel1twenty
    chanel1twenty Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    Hi All,

I know I'm late but I did level 1 with my HRM (new balance brand) and it logged me at 262 calorie burn from warm up to cool down. I am 5'7 180lbs.

I'm an inch shorter & 10lbs heavier...think I would burn around 270??
  • Wrobat
    Wrobat Posts: 2
    Options
    Update: I did level 1 of the 30 day shred for 7 days and I burnt the following: 266, 250, 218, 231, 204, 180, 215
  • rachelwilliams93
    rachelwilliams93 Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I used my HRM for level 1 and told me I burnt 116 calories, I am 5'4 and 121Ibs. really annoying!!!