Advices for my huge legs&bum, i'm not proportioned (pics)

Options
Hello everyobody! I hope someone can help me! :smile:
After few years of workout dvds (jillian michaels & turbofire basically) i quite toned my body and i'm really happy with what i've achieved so far but my fattest body part (thighs, bum..) is still really huge and I'm not well proportioned as you can see in the pics below.
I was wondering if someone has some adivices for me both fitness and nutrition. Of course I've to lose more weight and so I've started running few months ago and I loooove it, now i run slow for an hour, 3 times/week. Am i doing good or i have to change my workout routine?

Any comment is appreciated. :blushing: Thank you :wink:

59964841802160712723203.jpg

55796641802687125881249.jpg

Replies

• natpalit
    natpalit Posts: 113 Member
    Options
    Hey, I have a similar body shape to you. Are those pics recent? I would focus on your thighs and butt. My stomach is a problem area too, but honestly it requires so much hard work and dedication, and only comes out everyone in a while when I'm in a bikini, so I focus on my butt and thighs, which I can show off all year round in a skirt or shorts.

For your thighs I would focus on:
    - dumbell lunges for the quads
    -barbell squats for the butt
    -plie squats for the difficult to target inner thigh
    - glute kick back, for the butt
    and try the hip adduction and abduction machines at the gym to tone up the inside and outside of your thighs.

If you only do this, and no cardio though, beware! Your thighs may appear bigger. As cardio can't spot reduce, anything you enjoy is perfect.

Also, I've not tried it, but I've heard great things about the Brazilian Butt Lift Workout.
  • WhatHayleyEats
    Options
    I think you look amazing as you are. You've got a Marilyn Monroe figure :smile:
  • sunshineshica
    Options
    I actually think you look great. Having curves is a good thing to me.
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    Thanks for the kind words girls but i would like to slim down my legs because now I can't wear short skirts, short jeans and also short dresses, because all the dresses above my knees makes me look more fat than I am. :embarassed:
  • giuliajustdoit
    Options
    Hey, I have a similar body shape to you. Are those pics recent? I would focus on your thighs and butt. My stomach is a problem area too, but honestly it requires so much hard work and dedication, and only comes out everyone in a while when I'm in a bikini, so I focus on my butt and thighs, which I can show off all year round in a skirt or shorts.

For your thighs I would focus on:
    - dumbell lunges for the quads
    -barbell squats for the butt
    -plie squats for the difficult to target inner thigh
    - glute kick back, for the butt
    and try the hip adduction and abduction machines at the gym to tone up the inside and outside of your thighs.

If you only do this, and no cardio though, beware! Your thighs may appear bigger. As cardio can't spot reduce, anything you enjoy is perfect.

Also, I've not tried it, but I've heard great things about the Brazilian Butt Lift Workout.

Thanks for the advices ;) I'll try those moves! And yes inner thighs are sooo hard to tone :-(
    I'm glad I'm not the only one with this body figure and yes the pics are from last week at the sea side!
    About the fitness dvds, yes i've tried BBL and it's great, also Jillian michaels killer buns&thighs, but recently i got bored do them because it's summer here and its too hot to workout at home, but they are extremely effective.
    About your stomach, I noticed that doing Turbo Fire my core become so strong, I used to have a quite fat belly but after turbo fire (many rounds) i've toned it!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    Well, I think you look fantastic, btw!

It just may be that your legs are the last place to go - unfortunately we all have that *special* place that our genetics determine the last little bit will cling on. I'm sure someone will tell you that you can't spot reduce - just keep working out and eating at a deficit and it'll go.

If you feel like you've stalled a bit, then you can change up your exercise routines to get things moving again.... could be you've just hit a plateau. A change of exercise routine can really shock the body and kick-start things again!

I would also say that although you appear to not be happy with your legs, you do look like you're in great shape and sometimes it takes the mind a while to catch up with the progress that you've made with your body.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose more fat on your thighs you just have to keep losing weight all over. You have a classic pear shape, and will no matter how much you weigh! This means you will probably get thinner everywhere, not just your bottom half. Squats, lunges, and other leg strength training techniques will help your thighs and bum look firmer but not smaller. Alternatively, doing arms, shoulders, and back strength training could broaden your top half a bit and make you feel more proportional.

I personally think you look great as you are, but that you look like you would still be healthy if you lost more or gained more muscle. It all depends on what type of body you want - - slim, curvy (which I think you are now!), or athletic. All are achievable with a pear shape!
  • jimmmer
    jimmmer Posts: 3,515 Member
    Options
    ^^^^ This!

Put much better than my fumbling attempt!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I also think you look fabulous and should pat yourself on the back for all the hard work.
    In regards to your bum and thighs, KEEP RUNNING !!!! I am an avid runner and have
    a GERMAN girls body (AKA: Big thighs), running keeps my gams looking strong and sleek.
    SO my advice is watch your diet ofcourse and KEEP RUNNING !!!!!
  • sweetteacher123
    Options
    Keep working out and learn to dress your body because genetics can never be changed. Look at sites and shows like What Not To Wear for help. My advice, wear skirts and shirts and more dresses that flow some from the body to fit your curves. I think you look amazing! Keep it up!
  • confusedtracey
    confusedtracey Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    I know it's not what you want to hear but if i had a body like yours i would be soooooo happy. and also you have an hour glass figure so you are in perportion xxxx
    Keep it up babes xxx
  • PhiliciousCurves
    PhiliciousCurves Posts: 395 Member
    Options
    I also have naturally big thighs and a juicy booty, but some of the best workouts for those areas include squats and leg lunges, with or without weights, but I would imagine the weights would be best. Also if you're using workout dvds, there's the Brazilian Butt workout videos.
  • ChristyRunStarr
    ChristyRunStarr Posts: 1,600 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat as you so I feel your pain! I've found that running has helped a lot for me, more than I ever thought!
  • amysuespears
    Options
    I think you look amazing! But, if you're wanting to tone, you'll have to do more than cardio. I would suggest weight training 2-3 times/week focusing on your lower body. Squats and lunges are amazing for that area of the body (as you know from doing Jillian's 30DS). Good luck! :)
  • UrbanRunner81
    UrbanRunner81 Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    If you want to lose more fat on your thighs you just have to keep losing weight all over. You have a classic pear shape, and will no matter how much you weigh! This means you will probably get thinner everywhere, not just your bottom half. Squats, lunges, and other leg strength training techniques will help your thighs and bum look firmer but not smaller. Alternatively, doing arms, shoulders, and back strength training could broaden your top half a bit and make you feel more proportional.

I personally think you look great as you are, but that you look like you would still be healthy if you lost more or gained more muscle. It all depends on what type of body you want - - slim, curvy (which I think you are now!), or athletic. All are achievable with a pear shape!

agreed! You can't spot reduce. Eat a modest deficit and lift weights. You'll be good to go.
  • jonwv
    jonwv Posts: 362 Member
    Options
    I think you look amazing as you are. You've got a Marilyn Monroe figure :smile:

I agree, look amazing
  • K0135
    K0135 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Try the Brazil Butt Lift program!

http://www.beachbody.com/product/fitness_programs/brazil_butt_lift.do?code=SEMB_GOOGLE_BBL&s_kwcid=TC|17312|brazil%20butt%20lift||S|e|13779257173&gclid=CIv9q5HCxrECFYVgTAodA2IAtw

If you download torrents, you can download it for free.
  • sunnyskyjb
    sunnyskyjb Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    You look great!

Bump for advice --thanks!
  • InnerFatGirl
    InnerFatGirl Posts: 2,687 Member
    Options
    Your legs aren't huge, they're normal.

You're pear shaped. So am I. I've gone from a 36" waist to a 27.5" waist, but only from 47" hips to 43.5" hips. Your legs and bum are always going to be bigger, if you're a pear.

As for toning, others have given advice where I have none ;)
  • JenniferEdwardz
    JenniferEdwardz Posts: 18 Member
    Options
    great advice, I would agree with that. But I would also suggest taking some spin classes which will kick your booty and thighs in the *kitten*!