Whats the max weight that you gained on a holiday.

Options
2»

Replies

• DPernet
    DPernet Posts: 481 Member
    Options
    Holiday in the Maldives 14lbs

oO

I know :laugh:

Mine was an All-Inclusive. 2 weeks in St Lucia = 15lbs. Best Holiday EVER!! (paying for it now though)

It's easily done!! We didn't even go to a resort! We got invited to one of the inhabited islands and one of the natives and his family made us breakfast and dinner every day! Insane amounts of food and it's rude to leave any :laugh:
    All inclusive is pretty dangerous eh!

:bigsmile: Yes, I stopped taking all inclusive after my last Sharm-el-Shekh one.... Those are way too dangerous for me too... (when my mind tries to calculate ROI :blushing: )

Yup, my next holiday is a Hiking holiday in the Swiss Alps (2 weeks to go) Just out of curiousity, I sat down and put one of the more memorable days worth of my Holiday into MFP. Just wanted to see roughly how many calories per day I was inhaling. The answer topped out at a horrific 14000+ in one day. Most days came in somewhere between 3000 and 6000, How I survived is a mystery to me lol :drinker:
  • SophieMFP
    SophieMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    You're all scaring me!!! I go on holiday in 7 weeks and I really don't want to ruin the progress I've made in just one week.

I'm going to try and stay smart, fruit salads rather than cooked breakfasts, water rather than fizzy drinks, spirits with diet coke rather than beer, salads rather than sandwiches for lunch, and for dinner I'll pick something I really want but I'll try to avoid bread and chips as much as possible. 30 lengths in the pool every morning should help me to balance out all the icecream I'll be having ;-).

I won't go as far as calorie counting, but I'm confident that I can still have a fun, happy and relaxing holiday without over doing it on the food and drink.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :-)
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options

oO

Mine was an All-Inclusive. 2 weeks in St Lucia = 15lbs. Best Holiday EVER!! (paying for it now though)

It's easily done!! We didn't even go to a resort! We got invited to one of the inhabited islands and one of the natives and his family made us breakfast and dinner every day! Insane amounts of food and it's rude to leave any :laugh:

:bigsmile: Yes, I stopped taking all inclusive after my last Sharm-el-Shekh one.... Those are way too dangerous for me too... (when my mind tries to calculate ROI :blushing: )

Yup, my next holiday is a Hiking holiday in the Swiss Alps (2 weeks to go) Just out of curiousity, I sat down and put one of the more memorable days worth of my Holiday into MFP. Just wanted to see roughly how many calories per day I was inhaling. The answer topped out at a horrific 14000+ in one day. Most days came in somewhere between 3000 and 6000, How I survived is a mystery to me lol :drinker:

:noway:
    You Rule!!!!!!! @ 14k
    :bigsmile:
  • SanyamKaushik
    SanyamKaushik Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    You're all scaring me!!! I go on holiday in 7 weeks and I really don't want to ruin the progress I've made in just one week.

I'm going to try and stay smart, fruit salads rather than cooked breakfasts, water rather than fizzy drinks, spirits with diet coke rather than beer, salads rather than sandwiches for lunch, and for dinner I'll pick something I really want but I'll try to avoid bread and chips as much as possible. 30 lengths in the pool every morning should help me to balance out all the icecream I'll be having ;-).

I won't go as far as calorie counting, but I'm confident that I can still have a fun, happy and relaxing holiday without over doing it on the food and drink.

Keep your fingers crossed for me :-)

Fingers crossed Sophie... Dont worry. Enjoy your time... As long as one does not think that life is a holiday (LOL), all is well :D
    And if you really stick to what you have planned (including 30 laps of pool), you will have the biggest loss in that week :happy:
  • SophieMFP
    SophieMFP Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Uwww I hope so! That would make coming home much less disappointing! :happy:
  • placeboaddiction
    placeboaddiction Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    From Thanksgiving to New years... 15 pounds.

Not bad :) but that covers Christmas period :-/ How long did it take to get it off?
    ..... took me 6 months... 3 on dieting... :/ but... Its ok. I was like.. 2 lbs from my goal weight.. Then the holidays hit and yeah.. it made it all the more sweeter when May hit and I was down to 180.
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

oO

But you had a great time I bet! :smile:
  • SurfinBird1981
    SurfinBird1981 Posts: 517 Member
    Options

oO

Haha brilliant! :drinker:
  • ladylemoncurd
    Options
    Just got back from 3 weeks in Spain and gained 7.4 lbs. Am gutted but have logged on and will work hard to lose it.
  • Louise1247
    Louise1247 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    Just got back from visiting my Dad in Skegness ( UK ) and I went fromo 10.5 stones (145lbs) to 11.4 stones! Back down a little now, but was gutted in 10 days!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    4-5 pounds during Christmas/New Years last year... which hey, I'm not even going to get mad about because I literally ate a whole box of chocolate myself... 4-5 pounds isn't that much damage! I've learned my lesson though!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    10 pounds maybe.
    i'm not a serial dieter, but when i eat carbs, i definitely gain 5-10 pounds.
  • kimmianne89
    kimmianne89 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    6lbs on a 2 week holiday :-(
  • Matt_Wild
    Matt_Wild Posts: 2,673 Member
    Options
    Post comp, 28lb. 7 days in Greece...
  • sharonf1983
    sharonf1983 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    ive had two,one week holidays in three months. Ive gained 7lb between the 2. Getting my *kitten* back on track now tho. I will shift the gain and more