Tuna salad for a wrap - what can I add for moisture?

Options
graelwyn
graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
I don't want to use mayo really as I don't much like it, I am looking for clean and healthy things I can add to make a tuna salad filling for a tortillla wrap.
Thanks.

Replies

• chubbachub
    chubbachub Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I have seen these dressing sprays in a can - this could add taste without a lot of calories. Alternatively, reducing the amount of mayo - I used to add tonnes of it, but found that really a small amount is only required. A balsamic vinegar might also work.
  • ilovedeadlifts
    ilovedeadlifts Posts: 2,923 Member
    Options
    I never was / still am not a huge mayo fan.

But for tuna salad I usually do:
    3-4 cans of tuna
    1 large pickle spear, diced.
    A little pickle juice (helps with moisture just dont go overboard)
    smallest amount of olive oil mayo that provides enough to hold everything together.

I use the kraft mayo made w/ olive oil and it's tolerable and has started to grow on me.

Not sure what else would work.
  • heatherAnnXOX
    heatherAnnXOX Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    hummus! i use that instead of miracle whip sometimes.
  • Jgasmic
    Jgasmic Posts: 219 Member
    Options
    I use a whole avocado instead of mayonnaise. It's creamy and delicious!
  • LeggiGetsFit
    LeggiGetsFit Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Yellow mustard is my all time favorite thing to mix into tuna! Also dill relish, chopped celery, black pepper and sometimes cumin. Mmmm tunaaaa.
  • alasin1derland
    alasin1derland Posts: 575 Member
    Options
    cottage cheese
  • katilynnegray
    katilynnegray Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    Jillian Michaels has a great chicken salad recipe that replaces the mayo w/ greek yogurt and a little honey. I'm sure you could use it in tuna salad too. The recipe calls for plain greek yogurt which I hate by itself (too bitter) but mixed w/ the other ingredients you can't tell the difference at all! Just add a little honey to your tuna salad.
  • erinray01
    Options
    Plain yogurt works great. It takes on the taste of whatever you put with it.
  • lauraniwa
    lauraniwa Posts: 131 Member
    Options
    Same boat, don't like mayo. Might not be your thing but I use grainy mustard, and like the other poster said, pickles.
  • Spanaval
    Spanaval Posts: 1,200 Member
    Options
    Avocado or guacamole, non-fat greek yogurt (I like the Jalapeno Greek Yogurt dip instead of plain).
  • melaniecheeks
    melaniecheeks Posts: 6,349 Member
    Options
    Yoghurt, cottage cheese, avocado, salsa
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,690 Member
    Options
    greek yogurt
    relish
    mustard

:)
  • BCSMama
    BCSMama Posts: 348
    Options
    I made tuna salad the other day with plain non fat greek yogurt and it was really good. I little more bland than when I made it with mayo in the past, but I added some garlic powder and red pepper flakes and that helped a lot. I also add pickles and mustard and sometimes a chopped apple and celery.
  • Xniecex
    Xniecex Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    MUSTARD!!!! use mustard. I think its 0 cal too.. win-win. :)
  • DizzyLinds
    DizzyLinds Posts: 856 Member
    Options
    Avocado mixed with lemon juice and black pepper
  • verbalriot
    Options
    Greek yogurt!
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    Mustard is my hero, its delish and no cal
  • jburkhart40
    jburkhart40 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    There is a product you might like called Miracle Mayo. Its made by Walden Farms. It has no calories. It doesn't exactly taste like Mayo, but its pretty good.
  • hooktravellers
    hooktravellers Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    My kids hate mayo so I use fat free or low fat Ranch dressing instead.
  • pghfan
    pghfan Posts: 119
    Options
    I use the Starkist Sandwich Ready pouches. The albacore is 90 calories per pouch and it's made with soybean oil. It also has some celery and water chestnuts for a little crunch. One pouch is PLENTY for a good sized sandwich. I keep them in my desk drawer all the time.