a good low cal salad dressing?

Options

Replies

• rachelrb85
    rachelrb85 Posts: 579 Member
    Options
    Olive oil and red vinegar with a *dash* of kosher salt and sometimes lemon.

Low fat balsamic vinegarette and low fat blue cheese. Sometimes I even combine the two, my friends and I call is "Blue bals" LOL :)
  • impyimpyaj
    impyimpyaj Posts: 1,073 Member
    Options
    Make your own.

Half a tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil (or regular olive oil if you don't have EVOO on hand). About half a tablespoon of red wine vinegar or white cooking wine. A sprinkle of lemon juice. Heavy sprinkling of dried dill weed and some black pepper. Garlic salt if you like it. Voila, fresh salad dressing. I don't even mix mine most of the time, I just pour on the ingredients one by one.

Or, you can do something similar to what I suggested, with the white cooking wine and a little dollop of dijon mustard. Put it all in a little jar and shake it up. Super good, low-cal, no sugar, no preservatives.
  • plt55
    plt55 Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    Lite Italian is what I like best.I ordered(because we live in no where land) alot of waldens and lots of other zero CRAP and that was what it was wasted enough trying to find something I could have had my fitbit by now lol .Also if u like ranch take a pkg of the ranch dressing mix and use the low fat sour cream and actually thin out with a little skim milk makes a pint jar full and pretty good.and not many calories perserving
  • karamini
    karamini Posts: 21
    Options
    Kraft 'Calorie-Wise' Balsamic or Greek dressing are my favourites!
  • iLoveMyPitbull1225
    iLoveMyPitbull1225 Posts: 1,691 Member
    Options
    aldi fit and active fat free zesty italian. or even the low fat one is good.

Sometimes I use salsa in place of dressing.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    There are tons of flavored balsalmic vinegars and white balsalmic vinegars, also red wine and white wine vinegars are good. You can make your own oil & vinegar dressings - using water, fresh cracked pepper, a little crushed or minced garlic, and Mrs. Dash or other Italian Blend seasonings of your choice and they are really very good. I have cranberry pear white balsalmic vinegar now and strawberry balsalmic vinegar. Raspberry white balsamic is also wonderful. They are sooo yummy - you could just drink shots of them. My usual of dressing is about 2 tablespoons of vinegar, 1 to 1 1/2 tablespoons of water, a little seasoning and 1/2 to 1 tablespoon of oil (if I decide to use it at all - depending on my fat needs for the day). In my opinion, fat does little to enhance the flavor - it is a texture thing (and may help with the distribution) and is not necessary - unless you are low on your fat intake that day. It makes 2 oz = enough to fill the little Tupperware dressing containers.
  • breyn2004
    breyn2004 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Yogurt Ranch.... SO GOOD!!!

(2 Tbsp.)
    45 calories
    3g fat
    3g carbs
    2g sugar
    1g protein

And I also like to use just plain red wine vinegar.
  • mom2mozart
    mom2mozart Posts: 307 Member
    Options
    Homemade oil and vinegar dressings will keep a long time, months even. You can store it in a simple tupperware container or purchase salad dressing cruette's at the grocery store near the powdered seasoning blends. (Good Seasons Italian) If the oil congeals from the cold - simply warm it back up by sticking the container under hot running water for a minute or two - then shake.
  • kristen6022
    kristen6022 Posts: 1,926 Member
    Options
    aldi fit and active fat free zesty italian. or even the low fat one is good.

Sometimes I use salsa in place of dressing.

Isn't the Fat Free amazing? I wish it was available all the time. I knew it was a "special item" and grabbed 3 bottles last time! :)
  • alpine1994
    alpine1994 Posts: 1,915 Member
    Options
    In the rotation I currently have Ken's Lite Balsamic Vinagrette and Ken's Lite Ceasar. I think both are 60 cals for 2 tbsp. I've also been using salsa as dressing lately.

I used to make my own with balsamic vinegar, EVOO, garlic, brown sugar, salt, and pepper but the cals from EVOO and brown sugar were way to high. SO delicious though! Ken's lite is NOT the same, but it will do.
  • shaynak112
    shaynak112 Posts: 751 Member
    Options
    Kraft Zesty Italian Low Calorie - 5 calories per TBSP. And it does taste delicious :):).
  • 5briarmom
    Options
    I have 2 recipes:

8 oz good balsamic (try Kirkland from Costco)
    6-8 oz water
    2 tbls dijon mustard
    1 tbl Splenda
    1 package Good Seasons Italian
    2 tbls canola oil
    Add ingredients to blender and blend well.

You should get a little over a pint of dressing or 16 one- oz servings at abouty 15 calories a serving.

Ranch (for when I want something creamy()

1 envelope or 3 Tbls Hidden Valley Ranch mix
    1 cup low fat buttermilk or low fat milk
    3 tbl light Hellman's mayo (green cap)
    2-3 tbls light sour cream
    mix in mini food processor or blender and refrigerate.

Makes about 10-12 one ounce (2 tbls) servings att 20 calories a serving. To be decadant at a tablespoon of feta or crumbled blue cheese to the batch.

I like making my own, and everyone in my house loves the balsamic. No one misses the oil.
    But I also like the Bolthouse line of yougurt dressings.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    2 tbsp of Simply Dressed Marzetti Pomegranate Salad Dressing are 60 calories! Idk if that's good though..
  • 714rah714
    714rah714 Posts: 759 Member
    Options
    Honey Mustard from Bolthouse is my absolute favorite, but all their flavors are pretty tasty.
    Ditto, also there Raspberry Merlot Vinaigrette is awesome
  • bethanylaugh
    Options
    skinnytaste blue cheese dressing recipe... so goooood!
  • kariebo
    kariebo Posts: 101
    Options
    maple grove fat free poppyseed dressing or raspberry vinagarette dressing
  • hottottie11
    hottottie11 Posts: 907 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms yogurt dressing!

Delicious AND low calorie
  • Anthonydaman
    Anthonydaman Posts: 854 Member
    Options
    Red wine vinegar with cracked pepper and sea salt tossed with Romain lettuce and topped with feta,blue,or goat cheese is delicious and very low in cals
  • Atarahh
    Atarahh Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Bolthouse Farms Yogurt Ranch... 45 cals for 2 tbsp
  • KarmaxKitty
    KarmaxKitty Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    Olive oil, Balsamic vinegar EITHER lemon juice or milk (DO NOT USE BOTH), and any spices you can think of. Salt, pepper, and garlic powder are mine...