Tuna salad for a wrap - what can I add for moisture?

Options
2»

Replies

• mokster
    mokster Posts: 17
    Options
    i use the italian dressing spray bottle.
  • lisapeteres
    Options
    cheese sauce, cottage cheese?

My favourite though would be spicy sweet and sour pepper sauce. You should try it, its great!
  • Erin0164
    Erin0164 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    mix cannellini beans with a little olive oil, lemon juice and herbs in a blender/food processor. Mix withthe tuna. Yummy!
  • katertot75
    katertot75 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    You can try a walden farms calorie free ranch or thousand island dressing!
  • deviantcupcake
    deviantcupcake Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    I use sliced avocado in mine. I tried mushing it up and blending with the tuna, but prefer the texture of it in slices. It gives moisture and makes the wrap feel a bit more substantial, too.
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Hummus and olive mayo!
  • kdiamond
    kdiamond Posts: 3,329 Member
    Options
    I like to use no sugar added relish, diced celery, and diced red onion. I throw a little greek yogurt in there too, but the relish is pretty watery and keeps it moist.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    I don't want to use mayo really as I don't much like it, I am looking for clean and healthy things I can add to make a tuna salad filling for a tortillla wrap.
    Thanks.

I love me some Dijon mustard :) I also add some egg whites, that might help. Greek yogurt would be a good choice too, I actually even use cottage cheese...
  • CanuckLove
    CanuckLove Posts: 673 Member
    Options
    I blend avocado, lemon juice, cilantro and black pepper Mmmm
  • Mrsfreedom41
    Mrsfreedom41 Posts: 330 Member
    Options
    I use a little bit of the light hidden valley buttermilk ranch dressing - just enough to add some moisture.
  • slimsdown
    slimsdown Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    i second the cottage cheese idea!! also weight watchers do a pre mixed tin of tuna mayonaise and sweetcorn which is lovely!!! dosnt taste as heavy as normal mayo and dont need any butter with it just spoon into a roll or wrap !!xx
  • mommytobrayden
    mommytobrayden Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    Yellow mustard is my all time favorite thing to mix into tuna! Also dill relish, chopped celery, black pepper and sometimes cumin. Mmmm tunaaaa.

I LOVE yellow mustard in my tuna too!!!