Ladies: How much do you gain around that time of the month?

Options

Replies

• LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :laugh: 40 lbs
  • LetsTryThisAgain54
    LetsTryThisAgain54 Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    Usually around 5 lbs for me.
  • BrynnyB
    BrynnyB Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds. Ugh. LOL
  • Kenzieb07
    Kenzieb07 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy I stumbled across this thread today, because it's about to be TOM and I've been so sad about the scale being up 3 pounds... This made me feel better to know I'm not alone!
  • sarahsedaii
    sarahsedaii Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    3-6 lbs depending on time of day. The hardest part for me is the week before because I want to eat everything in sight!
  • babesintow
    Options
    Depends on what I eat...but 3-5 pounds. I have a separate app on my phone to track my weight everyday but I only post a weight change when I see the same weight for several days...and then I post the last weight that stopped coming up on the scale. So my scale might say 147 for several days...but I won't post it until I stop seeing 148. I get a better feel for my overall health so to speak...I am starting to figure out what not to eat...when I am not get enough water...and when the PMS is "coming" ...and then I warn everyone :laugh:
  • LadyL2012
    LadyL2012 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    Mother nature is a funny thing. If I'm going to put period related water weight on, it happens the week before. Some weeks I won't put any on, others I can easily do 5-6lbs and days later after starting it falls back off again.
  • LisaJ2904
    LisaJ2904 Posts: 157 Member
    Options
    :laugh: 40 lbs

OJ, but that's how I feel. I gained 4 this week! Yeah as if.....I'm not taking that. I also feel like I swell up to twice my size. But next week it will be back down ( and then some hopefully xx )
  • mlindahl
    mlindahl Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Yes an average of 3-5 lbs. Oh well sounds like everyone has this issue.
  • skinnyfithealthyme
    Options
    Lately I lose weight on my period because my BC bloated me so much... but back when I was all natural, maybe 2-3 pounds
  • mama78loosinWeight
    mama78loosinWeight Posts: 130 Member
    Options
    5 lbs easy,:sad: yuck!
  • londaknight
    Options
    Usually about 4-5 lbs. It bummed me out at first, but now that I know what to expect, I don't weight myself until it is over.
  • OfficiallySexyVal
    OfficiallySexyVal Posts: 492 Member
    Options
    I would say around 3-5 pounds as well, however, 5 is typically the average!
  • barnetted21
    barnetted21 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    3-5 pounds depending on how much I giving in to the insane salty cravings I get.
  • kenderkc
    kenderkc Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Always 5 or 6 lbs for me. I'm sure it's water weight though cause at the end I will have a day where I have to wizz every 10 mts and then after that day it all drops off again. (Sorry for TMI)
  • Kelley528
    Kelley528 Posts: 319 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every saturday morning. When I first started doing this and weighed myself when my period was about to start, I was 3lbs heavier than the week before. When I weighed myself the following week I was 5 lbs less. I will not weigh myself the week of my period anymore. I always skip that week so the number on the scale doesnt discourage me and the next weigh in I am always pleased.
  • sexyrosey
    sexyrosey Posts: 137
    Options
    I am always up 3-4 pounds on the dot. I guess it's better to know but it feels like a slap in face when I get on the scale. :grumble:
  • Hambone23
    Hambone23 Posts: 486 Member
    Options
    About 5 lbs. It sheds completely within 2 days after it's over. I actually have a greater weight loss afterward. But I weigh monthly and wait a half week after my period to weigh to make sure all the water weight is gone.
  • cuarrech
    cuarrech Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    This month I gained 11 pounds in the week after ovulation, though I have other factors going into it, too (starting exercise, dietary changes that probably made me hold extra water, etc). I'm pretty sure my hormones are whack, though, as I also get either 2 periods (light, then heavy) or 2 weeks of spotting then a heavy period every month or something in-between.
  • babesintow
    Options
    Now that I've lost the weight, it's around 3 lbs. When I was heavier it was anywhere from 5-7. My doctor even gave me a prescription for diuretics for those days! I may use one every few months now if I feel really really bloated and yucky. My problem now is, I've got early onset of perimenopausal symptoms. . . Since May, I've been having a period every 10-12 days! Yippee!!! So my weight has been all over the map. This is the 1 thing I've not liked about being 40 thus far! :-)

Ooooo... that stinks! I am starting in with night sweats....I think....hahahahaha....I had to have a few parts removed so I have no idea what is going on because I no visible evidence of a period or not. My only confirmation will be blood work on a good day or once I am close to finished. The females in my family are finished with their monthlies in their mid 40s....and I am 39....so I am pretty sure I have started too. Are you considering hormone replacement? Or herbal... anything?

I have an appointment in about a week to see my doctor and this will certainly be a topic of discussion!