OT: attitudes on weddings

Options
oregonzoo
oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
Is it
A. YOUR special day?
B. a fun and special day you share with your family and extended family( friends).

Replies

• cubizzle
    cubizzle Posts: 900 Member
    Options
    A great day to drive to Vegas with a couple of friends to witness I say!
  • Pengi81
    Pengi81 Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    B for me
  • juliecat1
    juliecat1 Posts: 3,455 Member
    Options
    Don't do iiiiiiiit!

B.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    We eloped, so ... it was about us, but we didn't make it a huge production that inconvenienced a lot of people like a Bridezilla might.
  • oregonzoo
    oregonzoo Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    Haha that would be awesome.
  • cubizzle
    Options
    Haha that would be awesome.

Oh........ it was!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    A HUUUUGGGGEEEE waste of money!

Take the wedding budget, put it in an escrow account, and if the marriage lasts 7 years have a huge party to celebrate. If not, the two parties split the proceeds and go their separate ways.
  • fteale
    fteale Posts: 5,311 Member
    Options
    B

Our wedding was an excuse for a big party with our friends.
  • cubizzle
    Options

Take the wedding budget, put it in an escrow account, and if the marriage lasts 7 years have a huge party to celebrate. If not, the two parties split the proceeds and go their separate ways.

fracking romantic! I love it.
  • clydethecat
    clydethecat Posts: 1,094 Member
    Options
    i say b, but i planned my wedding for my husband. hes big into wwII history and loves airplanes, so i found an aircraft carrier museum ship that hosted weddings. he had a blast, all the men did. it was definitely not just "my" day.
  • hyperionguy
    Options
    Agree with above, if it's big it is a waste of money.

If you're going to do it, I feel it is supposed to be option B. Option A seems really selfish to me and leads to the Bridzilla complex. :)
  • JustJennie1
    JustJennie1 Posts: 3,843 Member
    Options
    An awesome evening on a boat at sunset with our closest friends.
  • Owlie45
    Owlie45 Posts: 810 Member
    Options
    B ofcourse
    If i get married there will be guns, a large fire pit, a tattoo artist, and too many drunk people.
  • RealWomenLovePitbulls
    Options
    both. it is your special day, so u should get what u want, but u should also take friends and family into consideration when it comes to certain things (don't pick a music list full of music that no one is going to enjoy, but still mix in th songs that are special to you, etc.) and have a great time
  • Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    BBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBBB
  • Fatimah1104
    Fatimah1104 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Wait, wait don't listen to me... I got hitched at city hall... :( Me hubby and a couple witnesses... Oh yeah and my son!
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options

fracking romantic! I love it.

Yeah, I'm just fracking adorable.
    At least my wife of 27 years thinks so. Especially last week when she found a bouquet of flowers on the seat of her car when she was leaving for work at 5:30am...and realized they were only to remind her "I love you" and "I want your day to start off special"...when it wasn't any special day at all, just another Thursday. And also realized I must have planned it the night before.

And I find it sad when people spend $20k - $30k on a wedding day just to get divorced in 3-5 years.
  • alias1001
    alias1001 Posts: 634 Member
    Options
    A marriage ceremony should be a confirmation for your family and friends of a relationship that already exists, and then a big party with said people.
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    I eloped.

Nobody likes Bridezilla, so if you can have a big wedding without getting all cray-cray, go for it!

I needed hubby's dental insurance. They said coverage was effective immediately upon marriage. So we decided on Monday, and went downtown on Tuesday.

We spent more at lunch at PF Chang's afterward than we did on the entire wedding ceremony. God Bless Reno :heart:
  • chunkydunk714
    chunkydunk714 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    B ofcourse
    If i get married there will be guns, a large fire pit, a tattoo artist, and too many drunk people.

Love it.