HOW DO YOU DO IT?!

Options
124»

Replies

• hthrld
    hthrld Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I cannot think of how much I have to lose all together (50lb +). I have to stay in the day and make a conscious effort to change my actions. I relish in the small victories. Never give up. Do something different.
  • SassyCalyGirl
    SassyCalyGirl Posts: 1,932 Member
    Options
    Set mini goals-when the pounds start coming off that should be your motivation. When certain exercises become easier-that's your motivation. When your clothes start fitting better- that's your motivation.

good luck
  • tlnurse
    tlnurse Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    I make "mini" goals....each 5 lbs and "0" number's on the scale....I get a non-food reward. ie. pedicure, new work-out clothes, clothes, theatre tickets, etc. Before you know it, you'll be down closer to goal!.....and you FEEL SO MUCH BETTER along the way!:flowerforyou:
  • aw2011ca
    Options
    It's so confusing on these sites. To lose weight you have to lose calories..END OF STORY
  • jjteddy1982
    Options
    I'm going bald at my 30 years, so I told to myself... bald and fat...NO WAY!!! sounds way better no hair but a bad *kitten* body, I dont want my kids saying, when their friends ask them " wich one is your that" I dont want the to say "the fat bal one" .. I rather they say "THE ONE THAT LOOKS LIKE VIN DIESEL" hahahaha
  • ctwm84
    ctwm84 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    Constant experimentation with food! I am a food-a-holic so keeping the food part interesting for me is key. I have made a bigger variety in recipes in the last 2 months than I have in the last 2 years.

The other thing that keeps me going is my baby boy. I want to live long enough to see him graduate from college and get married and to be a grandma to his kids. If I didnt start losing this weight that was not going to happen.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    For me it's actually seeing and feeling the improvements. Six months ago I couldn't walk a mile, now I can jog that. I can now take stairs two at a time instead of shuffling up one at a time. I feel better. The jeans I am wearing tonight will fall down if I don't really tighten my belt whereas when I bought them they were snug. At work the other day I ran several hundred yards one way and then ran the same back carrying lumber and didn't think about it and wasn't even breathing hard.

It's the little things, ya just have to pay attention and realize that those small victories are really what it's all about.
  • run17
    run17 Posts: 27
    Options
    You cannot expect to lose the weight over night! I think changing your excercise routine is really important. Challenge yourself. I have really gotten back into working out, so now I try to eat to enhance my workout. Healthy carbs prior and protein after. It really works. If you go off track-just get back on. Try kabuta workouts or Nike training club for women works for me. They are both total body workouts! They are fun and it keeps you motivated. My "jello" butt and thighs are starting to disappear! LOL:laugh:
  • shellihooten
    Options
    The easiest and best advice is to think of this as a LIFESTYLE and nothing else... There is no time limits, no diets.... You just make it part of your everyday life. I started my new life May 2009 and 37 months later and 311 lbs. lost and I am taking it one day at a time. I get up everyday and do everything I can to be as successful as I possible can and when I go to bed each night I have no regrets, then I get up tomorrow and do it all over again..... Best of Luck.....

This is the BEST advice! I too made a choice, I woke up on 5/31/12 looked in the mirror and told myself I was beautiful and I was worth it. From that moment on I choose to eat healthy and exercise. Since my AHA Moment I have lost 45 pounds. My ultimate goal was to loose at least 80 pounds, now it's more like 100 pounds, but I AM losing! There are days I don't get to the gym or get out and walk, but I am still eating well and I DON'T beat myself up on those days I don't exercise.
    Once I made this decision it has been amazing how well my mind has wanted to stick with it. And my body has responded very well to getting it moving.
    I am a 46 year old woman, wife & mom, I have never taken care of me, until now! You too CAN do it!
  • wackyfunster
    wackyfunster Posts: 944 Member
    Options
    Get you routine and diet squared away. 30-40 pounds is like 6 months. It'll be over before you know it. What's the problem?
  • Hezzietiger1
    Hezzietiger1 Posts: 1,256 Member
    Options
    Don't sabotage yourself..

30 seems like a lot, but I've lost over 60. I have about 30 more to go and it just feels like life at this point. The best thing you can do is make a plan and stick it out. Get your diet in order and stick to it. Create an exercise schedule and stick to it. I hired a trainer. A lot of people gave me crap over it because it's expensive. But, you are going to spend your money on something. I decided that would be my something. It is the best investment I have ever made. You can totally do this. Never say, " I blew the day I will jump back on tomorrow". One meal, one snack, one skipped work out is not a deal breaker. There are 24 hours in the day... that moment was just a moment and took less than 1 of those hours. Lay it down and walk away head up. Challenge yourself as often as possible. If it's easy, what's the point? Good luck friend!!