Is Everyone Here On One Type of Diet or Another?

Options
124»

Replies

• I_love_frogs
    I_love_frogs Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Same here....been on diets before and they didnt work for me. I am just watching my portions, looking at calories and making informed choices and drinking a ton of water. I am also trying hard to not eat a lot of processed food and lower my sweets intake.

Mostly tho this is something I can live with....I can still eat my favorite foods, I just have to be aware that they = calories and I need to stay within my allotted cals for the day and not be a glutton.
  • lavieboheme1229
    lavieboheme1229 Posts: 448 Member
    Options
    People tend to hate it when you use the word "lifestyle". So instead, I am going to say I am learning how to effectively fuel my body for the rest of my life.

Can you only drink juice for the rest of your life? Can you only eat 1,100 calories a day for the rest of your life? Can you work out 4 hours a day so you can eat 3 candy bars every day for the rest of your life? Can you never eat a piece of cake, an M&M, a brownie, for the rest of your life? Can you never have a piece of bread again for the rest of your life? Maybe the answer for you is yes, but for me, it's a big fat NO!

Can I eat 1 serving of something for the rest of my life? YES! Can I go for a walk, or use resistance bands every other night, or play with my puppy in the back yard for the rest of my life as exercise? YES!

This topic is so incredibly important to me. Because this is the only way this whole thing works!!!! I wish people would just get it! It took me 3 years to put 30 pounds on. I in no way, shape or form, expected to lose it in any less than a year. I was thrilled, thankful, pick your adjective, when I got it off in 3.5 months. And I still want to work more, work harder, and be proud of myself for the hard work. If I did it through some wonder drug, what would there be to be proud of?!
  • yoovie
    yoovie Posts: 17,121 Member
    Options
    I eat whatever I want. I just taught myself what to want.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    I just eat whatever I want as long as it fits into my calorie and macro goals.

Same.
  • sheclimbsrocks
    sheclimbsrocks Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I have never been on a diet and losing weight is not one of my goals. I honestly don't even know how much I weigh because I don't have a scale at home. I am just on here to be more conscious of what I eat and how much I exercise. I figure that if I write it down, I will pay more attention to my habits. I am just trying to stay healthy.
  • Kimberley_allyssia
    Options
    Im kind of testint Slimming World at this moment in time - basically is just a lifestyle change - eating a LOT of fruit and vegetables and you can still have the occassional cheekyfoods - but all in moderation...
    We'll see how it goes I guess - I mean I'm only in the first week of it!! :) xxx
  • Toxictwist
    Toxictwist Posts: 274
    Options
    I am following the "Mediterranean Diet"/still counting my calories
  • EvgeniZyntx
    EvgeniZyntx Posts: 24,208 Member
    Options
    I eat more actually, but better - little processed food, reduced the bread and breakfast cereals, cut out most processed sweets and sugar. I count, I'm at about 2200 cal a day in small meals or snacks. Being active is my diet.
  • Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    No brand-name plan here. I am non-Celiac gluten intolerant, which makes most commercial diet plans completely useless to me. Just counting, tracking, and in doing so, trying to be more mindful of what I eat and why I eat it. I also joined a gym and purchased a Fitbit. I did increase my protein goals and reduce my overall carb/sugar intake, while increasing fiber. When I started paying attention to what I eat, I realized that foods that are high in protein make me feel more full and satisfied after I eat them, whereas foods that are high in carbs (especially simple starches and sugars) tend to make me crave more and more, until I find myself making one unhealthy choice after another. I drink a whey protein shake or eat a Quest bar each morning, typically snack on string cheese and raw vegetables, and otherwise just try to cook and eat things that I like and are also nutritious.
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member
    Options
    I have way too many severe intolerances - eggs, meat, dairy, and allergies - tree nuts, and Celiec disease, to also go on a "diet plan". How I eat now is how I will be eating for the rest of my life.

So if I find something I can eat, I eat it. Once you take out meat, eggs, dairy, gluten and nuts btw, there isn't much left lol. So I'm going to enjoy the things I can have.
  • rose313
    rose313 Posts: 1,146 Member
    Options
    I started out just eating less and moving more but the loss was way too slow, (less than a pound a month for almost a year) so I am now doing low-ish carb.
  • SpazzyMal
    SpazzyMal Posts: 276 Member
    Options
    I don't follow any specific diet, aside from the fact I am a vegan, but that's more my lifestyle rather than a "diet plan". I just try to hit my macros, eat whole wheat over white, and try not to drink more than one or two sodas a week. These are all things I plan on sticking with for life. I think it's a lot more beneficial to pick some basic standards that you can live with forever so you never gain the weight back than to go on something unsustainable.
  • Tinepuce
    Options
    Bonjour,

Moi je fais la base de Mincavi qui est de bien manger et surtout équilibrer.

A bientôt

Tine69
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Not following any diet plan. Just eating less, eating healthier and doing exercise.

This.
  • ntlpeterson
    ntlpeterson Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I keep to general guidelines but I don't specifically cut anything out and I don't log my calories. Carbs are my great food love and so I really have to watch them. I plan my meals for the week in advance and only have carbs for one meal a day. The rest of my meals and snacks include lots of fruits and veggies and well portioned proteins. I also exercise for an hour to an hour and a half 4-6 times a week. This has been working for me, I've lost 10 lbs with 14 more to go.
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    Nope, I just stick to stuff that I like that is relatively healthy.
  • aholly70
    aholly70 Posts: 577 Member
    Options
    I'm not on a diet persay,I do want to lose 10 to 12 lbs,I measure everything and eat lots of fruit and veggies,See I have to eat gluten free and they don't make alot of low cal.food.I am finding some plus i have to do alot of home cooking.I finally found gluten free lunch meat this week.