ACE weight loss

Options
Ok, I want to have a serious conversation here about these pills. I know there is a general opinion that weightloss pills do not work. I believe there is truth in that statement, and I have my doubts as well. However, I keep hearing ACE pop up here and there. A friend of a friend, my father's co-worker, a cousin, and so forth. Each testify that these pills work. Combined with a reduced calorie diet (that's all it says, never says how much you should eat, just says to eat less that you currently are), these pills twice a day supposedly assist in weightloss. From what I can tell, they are mostly caffeine. I have been using them for about two weeks, and have lost about ten pounds. I now that is radical loss, but I want to know if these pills are bad for you or if anyone else has heard of them. Follow the link for ingredients and supplemental facts.

NATURAL SOURCE INGREDIENTS:

VITAMIN B6
COCOA POWDER
CHROMIUM
SPIRULINA
GREEN TEA EXTRACT
GERANIUM FLOWER
NATURAL SOURCED CAFFEINE

****STAFF NOTE: Post has been edited due to violations of guideline #14****
http://www.myfitnesspal.com/welcome/guidelines

Replies

• sugarlovebug
    sugarlovebug Posts: 158 Member
    Options
    I have been on ACE for almost 3 months now. I am down 30lbs. There is nothing in them that will harm you now or later. they are not mostly caffeine, there is an equvalent to 2oz of coffee in 2 capsules. Its a different form of caffeine anyways, the body processes the natural caffeine differently then synthetic caffeine found in most diet pills. I can get you more accuret information if you wish!
  • jdhowell0916
    Options
    Nope, that's enough info. Just glad I'm not the only one using them on here. Thank you!
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    Ae you guys still loosing and would u suggest it too anyone? Lol
  • mizjc21
    mizjc21 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Been on ACE for 4 month and still losing weight... Down almost 40 inches and 45 inches. I have suggested ACE to many people and everyone has had good results with it. The best thing is my Dr has given me the ok to take ACE.
  • drmerc
    drmerc Posts: 2,603 Member
    Options
    Looks like a waste of money
    You can buy NODOZ at walmart if you want caffeine
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    googling it now ...If it's illegal in England then I'm out before I started ...If not, I'm highly likely to still be out because I hate tablets =) (unless they are vitamins from holland and barratts - I KNOW that's legit :tongue: )
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I have a few friends on it. It's like $1 a pill right? Or about? Yea, just never had the money to buy it and try it. So over all you all taking like it?
  • Chief_Rocka
    Chief_Rocka Posts: 4,710 Member
    Options
    Everything works along with a reduced calorie diet
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    Ok, I want to have a serious conversation here about these pills.

If you want me to be serious, taking pills to lose weight is a waste of cash when you can just eat less. That's the only proven method that works.

Go ahead and buy the pills if you like spending money.

snake-oil.jpeg
  • briannadunn
    briannadunn Posts: 841 Member
    Options
    It has worked for lots of people that aren't very active because it gives you that boost. I personally think that it is really expensive for what it is and I don't think that it is anymore dangerous than HCG.
  • BamsieEkhaya
    BamsieEkhaya Posts: 657 Member
    Options
    googling it now ...If it's illegal in England then I'm out before I started ...If not, I'm highly likely to still be out because I hate tablets =) (unless they are vitamins from holland and barratts - I KNOW that's legit :tongue: )

just realised what they actually were (ditsy me) and I'm straight up out :bigsmile:
  • happycauseIride
    happycauseIride Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine was trying to get me to try it and I keep telling her no. She started it three months ago and is down 30 pounds, I started losing weight 4 months ago and am down 40. She eats Snickers, McDonald's, drinks beer and doesn't exercise. I eat good, exercise daily and count my calories. I asked her what happens when you get to your goal and stop taking it. Her response is that she will never stop taking it because then she will gain weight because she never changed her eating habits. Uh...Hello??
  • AckieJ
    AckieJ Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Yea I see people taking the pills drinking Energy Drinks for breakfast nothing else. Then slamming huge fast food cals for lunch a bunch of sweets for snacks. But that was all they were taking in. I thought the same thing... watch you stop taking the pills once you get to goal and BOOM back to where you started.
  • mamax5
    mamax5 Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    I started taking this week and I love the energy. I'm not jittery like I was when I tried Slim-quick which was a waste of money! I am hoping this is the boost I need to get back on the wagon and actually see some more weight loss. It's just discouraging when you lose so slowly. I was skeptical about them until my friend told me about them. She doesn't know how much she's lost but she's gone from a size 22/24 to a 16 in about 4 months. The best thing about them is it's helping me be focused. I have actually never felt more focused! (I think I have ADD) My brain feels less fuzzy....from a scale of 1-10...10 being the worst fuzz ever, I feel around a 2. I may stay on it even after I have lost my weight just for the focus and energy. I just don't like the fact most of the people I tell about it give me that "tsk, tsk" look. Some people just need a little help.

Now, I don't understand how some people are not changing their eating habits. ACE is supposed to help curb those cravings...although I did pig out on honey roasted peanuts last night :( Gonna have to stay away from those. I still plan on eating out...but not like I did. I cut out all soda pop (or whatever you call it). I want to cut out crystal light, not sure about it yet. I need flavor in my water....but since I've been on ACE it tastes a lot sweeter than I remember. I still do not have an opinion on the appetite suppressant part of it. I have been getting full on less, but I am one of those people who has a huge appetite. I'm going to try really loading up on green veggies and see if that helps me. I really do not understand why I feel like I need to eat so much. Is it that my stomach is stretched out or what. I just don't know...
  • amber_hanners
    amber_hanners Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    I started taking it last Sunday and as of this morning I'm down about 8 pounds ( weigh in days not tilTuesday so I'm not countingthe loss yet.) I like the way it makes me feel full of energy I'm able to stay in top of my housework and want rovexercise to. I am cutting out coffee and pop and sticking to eating healthier and staying in mfp guidelines I really like it :)
  • i tired them, the thing is they make it to were you are not hungry so you pretty much have to force yourself to eat. I lost 5lbs on them and then nothing. I stopped taking them and lost 10lbs lol
  • Lush87
    Lush87 Posts: 6
    Options
    I just ordered my fist 30 day trial of ACE..it has not arrived yet but can someone please tell me if it actually works. I have lost a total of 30-35lbs and have been stuck since June. I work out 4-5 times a week at the ymca for over an hr after work. I changed my diet a lot but not completely. Please let me know if this can give someone the boost it claims. My short term goal is to loose a little less then 10lbs right now then go from there! Thanks :)
  • jmepickles
    Options
    ACE is a great tool to help you get a boost in energy and appetite control. Make sure you drink a lot of water! I have been taking it a few weeks and it has helped me lose weight. Have you been tracking your measurements too? Sometimes people plateau at weight but still lose inches.
  • SweetCheekszx0
    SweetCheekszx0 Posts: 478 Member
    Options
    I started taking this week and I love the energy. I'm not jittery like I was when I tried Slim-quick which was a waste of money! I am hoping this is the boost I need to get back on the wagon and actually see some more weight loss. It's just discouraging when you lose so slowly. I was skeptical about them until my friend told me about them. She doesn't know how much she's lost but she's gone from a size 22/24 to a 16 in about 4 months. The best thing about them is it's helping me be focused. I have actually never felt more focused! (I think I have ADD) My brain feels less fuzzy....from a scale of 1-10...10 being the worst fuzz ever, I feel around a 2. I may stay on it even after I have lost my weight just for the focus and energy. I just don't like the fact most of the people I tell about it give me that "tsk, tsk" look. Some people just need a little help.

Now, I don't understand how some people are not changing their eating habits. ACE is supposed to help curb those cravings...although I did pig out on honey roasted peanuts last night :( Gonna have to stay away from those. I still plan on eating out...but not like I did. I cut out all soda pop (or whatever you call it). I want to cut out crystal light, not sure about it yet. I need flavor in my water....but since I've been on ACE it tastes a lot sweeter than I remember. I still do not have an opinion on the appetite suppressant part of it. I have been getting full on less, but I am one of those people who has a huge appetite. I'm going to try really loading up on green veggies and see if that helps me. I really do not understand why I feel like I need to eat so much. Is it that my stomach is stretched out or what. I just don't know...

Try SOBE life waters... They are so good since you said you need something to flavor your water they are zero calorie and have no artificial sweeteners and packed with antioxidants try it I'm sure ull find a flavor you'll love.. As for people tsk tsking, some people just need to get off their little fitness nut high horse ;)
  • MandiRae1005
    Options
    I am having great success with ACE. I have been taking them for a week now and I'm down 5 pounds. I'm not one of those people who pop pills and change nothing else and expect results. This pill has given me the extra help I need to stick to my diet. I have completely cut out soda, and I am easily able to stay within my 1500 calorie goal each day. ACE and MFP are both great tools that are helping me change my entire life for the better, not just a diet. It also gives me amazing energy and motivation, and I've struggled with both my entire life due to deep depression and PTSD. I also have not been depressed since taking ACE, but I know a lot of that has to do with the fact that I am FINALLY taking care of myself and that makes me happy. I can't speak long term for this but so far, it has been an absolute godsend.
This discussion has been closed.