CHICKEN SHALL NOT BE NAMED

Options

Replies

• Brandicaloriecountess
    Brandicaloriecountess Posts: 2,126 Member
    Options
    I thought this had something to do with Voldermort....
  • Jxnsmma
    Jxnsmma Posts: 919 Member
    Options
    hello, why is there a boycott?
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    I thought this was going to be the lesson my Mom taught me when she was little and they raised chickens. She gave one a name and thought of it as her pet. Then her daddy asked her to hold the beak while he got the ax... :frown:

You don't name your food. It makes it really hard to eat.

We named all of our chickens as kids. Real country girls don't give a **** about naming their food.
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    if you eat there, i pretty much hate you.

Wouldn't you then be as bad as the people you're protesting against?
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    Can I just not eat there if I don't like the food? Cuz I don't care for it....
    I actually really, really like their food. I'm going to miss it.
  • MrDude_1
    MrDude_1 Posts: 2,510 Member
    Options
    I organized a GLAAD fundraiser there... they helped with free chicken.
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    Chicken. Goooood chicken.

I don't really care. I prefer a&w teen burgers, no onions, extra pickles.
  • TexanThom
    TexanThom Posts: 778
    Options
    I am going to find a way to work them into my calories at least once every week.
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options

I totally just read that first line in Milla Jovovich's voice.
  • healthtenderfoot
    Options
    Do not say the words C*** F** A and no politics or this will get kicked. Here are my thoughts:

I dub this "National Open Up a Google+ Account" day. With Google+ you can create you own circles. For example, you could create a circle called "FRIENDS WHO EAT AT CHICK FIL A" and another called "FRIENDS THAT DO NOT EAT AT CHIK FIL A," then you could send a post saying you went to Chick Fil A and all your conservative friends are like, "Yeah way to go man, by eating chicken you are saving the family." Then you could post something saying that how you are never eating at Chick Fil A again and all your liberal friends would be like, "Yeah dude you rock support the cause." Meanwhile, you don't eat at Chick Fil A because you want to be healthy. But then you decide to basically stop shopping at all the major companies that source all their stuff from countries that employee 6 year olds to make your cell phones etc and you could live under a rock.

But if you did that, wouldn't you be lying to one of the circles? I'm on Google+ and it's loaded with people, but I don't really use it. With FB and Twitter I don't know if I have enough to say for my G+ account!
  • hypotrochoid
    hypotrochoid Posts: 842 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who named their Thanksgiving turkey 'he who shall not be named'. It exploded in the oven. She's still not sure what went wrong...
  • fiveohmike
    fiveohmike Posts: 1,297 Member
    Options

I totally just read that first line in Milla Jovovich's voice.

OMG I did too lol.....Leelu Multipass
  • Crochetluvr
    Crochetluvr Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    In this case, no one is hurting TPTB by boycotting. They ARE hurting the local franchise owners who are trying to run a successful business and employ locals. What should they do? Close up their livelihood because they don't agree with a certain view held by the person they bought the franchise off of? Not very practical. I don't like collateral damage. Unless you can prove the owners of the franchise subscribe to the same opinions, protest at a corporate headquarters and leave the small business owners alone.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    whats the deal here? I live in canada and we dont have this place...

Same in UK

Chick-Fil-A is a US fast food chain that is extremely popular, partially because they use peanut oil for frying and their food is actually really good. However, they have recently come under fire for their stance on gay marriage. This has caused many to boycott them and a couple of cities have tried to block the construction of new restaurants. That is as much as I dare say in an open post because, as the OP hinted, threads discussing the topic in depth have had a tendency to get locked very quickly. If you want to know more about it, I suggest Google.
  • fiveohmike
    Options
    And for the record....I LOVE chicken, I dont care if a big gay transsexual hermaphrodite serves it to me, or if a downhome redneck anti-gay gun toting biggot serves it to me.

I am just going to eat the chicken.
  • fiveohmike
    Options

Same in UK

Chick-Fil-A is a US fast food chain that has recently come under fire for their stance on gay marriage. This has caused many to boycott them. That is as much as I dare say in an open post because, as the OP hinted, threads discussing the topic in depth have had a tendency to get locked very quickly. If you want to know more about it, I suggest Google.

for the CEO's stance on gay marriare, not the company. He doesnt speak for everyone that works for him, please get that right.
  • LordBezoar
    LordBezoar Posts: 625 Member
    Options

Same in UK

Chick-Fil-A is a US fast food chain that has recently come under fire for their stance on gay marriage. This has caused many to boycott them. That is as much as I dare say in an open post because, as the OP hinted, threads discussing the topic in depth have had a tendency to get locked very quickly. If you want to know more about it, I suggest Google.

for the CEO's stance on gay marriare, not the company. He doesnt speak for everyone that works for him, please get that right.

True, my mistake
  • iWaffle
    iWaffle Posts: 2,208 Member
    Options
    That Chick-fil-a place has a real agenda going on. "Eat Mor Chikin" It's pretty obvious where their loyalties lie.... with the cattle.
  • cobracars
    cobracars Posts: 949 Member
    Options
    In this case, no one is hurting TPTB by boycotting. They ARE hurting the local franchise owners who are trying to run a successful business and employ locals. What should they do? Close up their livelihood because they don't agree with a certain view held by the person they bought the franchise off of? Not very practical. I don't like collateral damage. Unless you can prove the owners of the franchise subscribe to the same opinions, protest at a corporate headquarters and leave the small business owners alone.

Stop bringing the voice of reason into this! You're spoiling all the hating!
  • NoSpandex
    Options
    The boycott is not because of the CEO's opinions, it is because they have donated over 5 million dollars of company money to fund hate groups and fight legislation that would give basic human rights to all people. When you give them your business you are helping them fund these things. Some people actually want to fund these things, and turned out in large numbers yesterday. Others do not, and are boycotting. I have never eaten there, and now that I know where the money goes, I am glad of that.