Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Friends please?

I'm a yo-yo dieter. I hit a place, and decide I really need to get this together. This is getting ridiculous. Then I diet for a few months, and lose some weight. Then I get bored with it, and go back to my old ways. I chose to try the calorie counting, just to see what would happen. Tomorrow marks a week of when I started. The first couple days were above my calorie goal, but only by 170. Going from eating the amount of calories I was, to eating a net of 1,200 was a HUGE change. So even with the slower start, I'm still proud. This time feels different. I don't feel like I am starving myself. Do I want to eat all the time? I won't lie, sometimes I do. So in order to eat more often, I've been choosing healthier foods. In order to get more calories, I've began exercising. This morning I took my dogs on a walk, and even RAN with them. Not for long, but I did it.

Basically I'm looking for people that will see my progress, and say something. People who I can see are doing it, so I know I'm not alone. I feel so much better. I want to keep it going, and for that I need a network of people. If you want to, add me.

Replies

• You can do this! I will support and add you!
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Will add. Good luck and keep it up!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    I know your pain! i lost 30 lbs only to gain all of it back and im in the process of losing it again. feel free to add me. i'm great with support.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Feel free to add me :) I log everything I eat!
  • anyone in need of support... please add me.. I am here everyday! :)
  • I've been a yo-yo'er for most of my life so i feel your pain! Welcome and feel free to add me!
  • I'm just starting out too -- feel free to add me!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    I added you as well.
  • kcbrig
    kcbrig Posts: 12 Member
    I'm the same way - I've lost the same 20lbs now about 5 times. But I will lose it again! Feel free to add me too!
  • kathy0263
    kathy0263 Posts: 1 Member
    I've come to a point after being on and off myself that I need more support too! Add me too!!
  • Hi there,

I know the feeling, I used to have that problem, I'd lose a stone then gain it back slowly over the next year, then start losing it again. And over the years it was always a little bit more on than off untl I was in the obese weight category.

About 18 months ago I finally got on top it. I'm now using a technique until it stops working or I get bored of it, then instead of giving up and gaining it back like I used to, I switch to something new to get the loss going again. I've tried it all and I've been in the healthy weight range for a few weeks now for the first time in over 10 years. It feels great!

I'm sure you can find a way to overcome your yo-yo dieting. Feel free to add me if you want some support, I'm on here most days.

Best of luck with your journey.
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Alot of us are in the same boat here at mfp. I think this will be a great site for you. Also i dont see it as dieting i look at it as starting a new healthy lifestyle. Ill be happy to add you. I think we both can encourage and motivate each other. :smile:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    feel free to add me. been on here since december 2010 and have maintained my weight for almost a year and a half. i love encouraging people and getting it back. good luck.
  • cdorsey7194
    cdorsey7194 Posts: 8 Member
    Same here. I have done the weight watchers program so many time I should be able to write a book. Lol. I have gained and lost the same 50 pounds many times. This time I am gonna try the calorie counting too. Good Luck. We can do it!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Anyone that wants can send a request! I'd love to help anyone that needs it! WE CAN DO THIS, TOGETHER!!!
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Fell free to add me! I will support you whenver I can. it is much easier doing it together.
  • moonrevenge
    moonrevenge Posts: 7 Member
    I'll be here to cheer you on...and judge you if you slip up!

Tee-hee! Just kidding. No judging, but there will be lots of cheering. You can do this!
  • GTaylor615
    GTaylor615 Posts: 17 Member
    Wow, for a minute there that sounded just like me.....I can totally relate, but one thing remains certain. You've done it before, so it can be done! Let's get busy losing the weight!
  • Roseanna1017
    Roseanna1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Fellow yo-yoer here!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Add away! The better support we have, the better chances we have :flowerforyou: