Friends please?

Options
I'm a yo-yo dieter. I hit a place, and decide I really need to get this together. This is getting ridiculous. Then I diet for a few months, and lose some weight. Then I get bored with it, and go back to my old ways. I chose to try the calorie counting, just to see what would happen. Tomorrow marks a week of when I started. The first couple days were above my calorie goal, but only by 170. Going from eating the amount of calories I was, to eating a net of 1,200 was a HUGE change. So even with the slower start, I'm still proud. This time feels different. I don't feel like I am starving myself. Do I want to eat all the time? I won't lie, sometimes I do. So in order to eat more often, I've been choosing healthier foods. In order to get more calories, I've began exercising. This morning I took my dogs on a walk, and even RAN with them. Not for long, but I did it.

Basically I'm looking for people that will see my progress, and say something. People who I can see are doing it, so I know I'm not alone. I feel so much better. I want to keep it going, and for that I need a network of people. If you want to, add me.

Replies

• lilgemforgets
    Options
    You can do this! I will support and add you!
  • asayer
    asayer Posts: 47
    Options
    Will add. Good luck and keep it up!
  • ElyseL1
    ElyseL1 Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    I know your pain! i lost 30 lbs only to gain all of it back and im in the process of losing it again. feel free to add me. i'm great with support.
  • stephanieb72
    stephanieb72 Posts: 390 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me :) I log everything I eat!
  • SwtMelissa86
    Options
    anyone in need of support... please add me.. I am here everyday! :)
  • sailorsiren13
    Options
    I've been a yo-yo'er for most of my life so i feel your pain! Welcome and feel free to add me!
  • MyCurvyJourney
    Options
    I'm just starting out too -- feel free to add me!
  • kelly_gelinas
    kelly_gelinas Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    I added you as well.
  • kcbrig
    kcbrig Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way - I've lost the same 20lbs now about 5 times. But I will lose it again! Feel free to add me too!
  • kathy0263
    kathy0263 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I've come to a point after being on and off myself that I need more support too! Add me too!!
  • NikkiB101
    Options
    Hi there,

I know the feeling, I used to have that problem, I'd lose a stone then gain it back slowly over the next year, then start losing it again. And over the years it was always a little bit more on than off untl I was in the obese weight category.

About 18 months ago I finally got on top it. I'm now using a technique until it stops working or I get bored of it, then instead of giving up and gaining it back like I used to, I switch to something new to get the loss going again. I've tried it all and I've been in the healthy weight range for a few weeks now for the first time in over 10 years. It feels great!

I'm sure you can find a way to overcome your yo-yo dieting. Feel free to add me if you want some support, I'm on here most days.

Best of luck with your journey.
  • Rdahl2
    Rdahl2 Posts: 90
    Options
    Alot of us are in the same boat here at mfp. I think this will be a great site for you. Also i dont see it as dieting i look at it as starting a new healthy lifestyle. Ill be happy to add you. I think we both can encourage and motivate each other. :smile:
  • cheshirequeen
    cheshirequeen Posts: 1,324 Member
    Options
    feel free to add me. been on here since december 2010 and have maintained my weight for almost a year and a half. i love encouraging people and getting it back. good luck.
  • cdorsey7194
    cdorsey7194 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Same here. I have done the weight watchers program so many time I should be able to write a book. Lol. I have gained and lost the same 50 pounds many times. This time I am gonna try the calorie counting too. Good Luck. We can do it!
  • jenniferlthomas0305
    jenniferlthomas0305 Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Anyone that wants can send a request! I'd love to help anyone that needs it! WE CAN DO THIS, TOGETHER!!!
  • mking
    mking Posts: 45
    Options
    Fell free to add me! I will support you whenver I can. it is much easier doing it together.
  • moonrevenge
    moonrevenge Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'll be here to cheer you on...and judge you if you slip up!

Tee-hee! Just kidding. No judging, but there will be lots of cheering. You can do this!
  • GTaylor615
    GTaylor615 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Wow, for a minute there that sounded just like me.....I can totally relate, but one thing remains certain. You've done it before, so it can be done! Let's get busy losing the weight!
  • Roseanna1017
    Roseanna1017 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Fellow yo-yoer here!!! Feel free to add me :)
  • LifestyleChange33
    LifestyleChange33 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Add away! The better support we have, the better chances we have :flowerforyou: