Options
12346»

Replies

• vfnmoody
    vfnmoody Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    Oprah did it ...B****h

You always pass out before you die....

My sister lost 100 lbs and gained it back saying "it was just as hard to be thinner as it was to be fat....pick your hard".

The only difference between who you want to be and who you are is what you do right now
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    In the last half of the run/workout:
    Look how far you have come...Don't stop now! (or repeat this run again tommorrow)
  • Lisha_R
    Lisha_R Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    sweat is fat crying!

I like this one. I haven't gotten to running yet. I am just at walking right now. When I am going uphill or my legs are burning I say "one more, one more". Meaning one more step you can do one more step. Every journey starts with the first step. My journey to fitness and lower weight started with the first step. Once I walk that one step the I can walk the next and so on.
  • jsidel126
    jsidel126 Posts: 694 Member
    Options
    And when I'm on machines I keep repeating "less than __ left", or "__ done". I figure out the number in fractions and decimals and the pain of the math overcomes the pain of the run. :)

I do this whenever I have a long segment of something I do not like to do with no simple break points. Calcualtions keep me focused on something other than pain. And it is easy to see progress...
  • Maria_T007
    Maria_T007 Posts: 107
    Options
    This is wonderful! Im trying this for now on Thanks! :)
  • superpapa16
    superpapa16 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    When I run I have this line in my head alot, for some reason...

"... it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get it and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!"
  • goldencoley
    goldencoley Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE All of these!! there is a poem I recite whenever I'm on a long run.... it really keeps things in perspective :)

"Out of the night that covers me,
    Black as the pit from pole to pole,
    I thank whatever gods may be
    For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance
    I have not winced nor cried aloud.
    Under the bludgeonings of chance
    My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears
    Looms but the horror of the shade,
    And yet the menace if the years
    Finds and shall find me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,
    How charged with punishments the scroll.
    I am the master of my fate:
    I am the captain of my soul. "
  • pompom826
    pompom826 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I have a shirt that say's "Don't stop til you get enough" as in the Michale Jackson song! Seems to work for me.
  • xandra
    xandra Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    Love it :flowerforyou:
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I just started running this year and have done both a 5k and a 10k.... I've even let my friends talk me into doing a 1/2 marathon on Thanksgiving...... I think I'll use one of your more positive sayings...... Usually I just say "I will finish this race with on my feet and not in the back of an ambulance"....or "Don't fall out...you'll get trampled".....
  • DeadMarsha
    DeadMarsha Posts: 203
    Options
    I always tell myself "I've done this before, I can do it again." And I try to push myself a little further each week. =)
  • GlitterMamma11
    GlitterMamma11 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Sooooo I'm not the only person that chants to themselves when the going gets tough? Yay! I'm slightly less weird! :o) Ps. I count. A lot.
  • darrensurrey
    darrensurrey Posts: 3,942 Member
    Options
    All joking aside, my "mantras" for pushing myself are too sweary to be posted on a public forum.
  • eresin
    eresin Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    Unless I drop dead or an abducted by aliens, I will keep running.
  • OliviaUnicorn
    Options
    "legs are strong, feet are light"

That's so good. I think I'm gonna steal that one :tongue:

There are a few mantras I like to use. Especially when i'm tired or my legs hurt.
    "The pain is only in your mind!"
    "You can do this! Show them that you're not weak! You are strong!" - By 'them' I refer to my elementary and junior high time bullies who told me that I was weak, fat and that I couldn't do anything.
  • lsm0509
    lsm0509 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Wake up with determination, go to bed with satisfaction.

Sometimes I count backward from my current weight to my goal weight :)