BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• iamladibeast
    iamladibeast Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo excited to be part of this group. So far this morning I'm dragging..Usually I do my exercise in the am, but today I can't seem to get in the mood..but you know what, no more excuses..."I can't or won't " will not be used by me, not this year...I will give it my all, everyday..

I'm off to exercise...will check in later..
  • healthworks
    Options
    Good morning Black team :smile:

My name is Willow, I am married to my best friend (DH) 20+ years, we have two almost grown children.

Its not about the weight lost... its about what positive choices you make everyday, working out, eating clean,drinking your water , getting the proper rest that give you the results you want and desire!! I want to get back to where my body was ALIVE and singing and I was living!!!.... It's past time!!

Like Marla64 said "back to basics"

Thank you for all the welcomes! :smile:
  • healthworks
    Options
    Might be a stupid question:embarassed: But where does the Black team get its name? Is it from Jillian Michaels ka black team on Biggest Loser many seasons ago? I'm guessing.....
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    I am soooooo excited to be part of this group. So far this morning I'm dragging..Usually I do my exercise in the am, but today I can't seem to get in the mood..but you know what, no more excuses..."I can't or won't " will not be used by me, not this year...I will give it my all, everyday..

I'm off to exercise...will check in later..

Excellent attitude, Leslie-- no more excuses. Love it!
  • Marla64
    Options
    Might be a stupid question:embarassed: But where does the Black team get its name? Is it from Jillian Michaels ka black team on Biggest Loser many seasons ago? I'm guessing.....

We had our own Biggest Loser challenges here on MFP, and our team was black. I'm not sure if the other teams stayed together after the challenges ended, but a core group here on black bonded incredibly and kept the group and threads going.
  • Marla64
    Options
    Good morning Black team :smile:

My name is Willow, I am married to my best friend (DH) 20+ years, we have two almost grown children.

Its not about the weight lost... its about what positive choices you make everyday, working out, eating clean,drinking your water , getting the proper rest that give you the results you want and desire!! I want to get back to where my body was ALIVE and singing and I was living!!!.... It's past time!!

Like Marla64 said "back to basics"

Thank you for all the welcomes! :smile:

Hi Willow--

You can call me just plain ol' Marla-- the 64 only reminds me how old I am. :wink:

I also answer to Crazy Lady.
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,758 Member
    Options
    Morning all! It's so great to have some 'new blood' on the Black team. I can feel the energy! Us older folks need some young'ens around to get us reenergized.

Tomorrow I will kick back off my full exercise routine at the gym, but I do plan on getting out for a walk today. My walks are dedicated to my 4 legged friend who needs exercise too. He has hip problems and was moving so much better last year when him and I walked almost daily. Now his weight is up a little and he's not moving quite as easily so I need to be a good fur momma and make sure he gets what he needs..... and it's not my pizza crust! (Sorry Boomer.)

Wishing everybody a great Sunday!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Happy Sunday everybody!!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good Sunday morning black team...Today is my baby's 10th birthday so I just had a piece of a huge birthday cookie. We are taking him to the state museum today to see the dinosaur exhibit and eating out for dinner. I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred before we leave so hopefully that will help combat some of my extra calories today. Hope you all have a great day!
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options
    good morning black team! welcome to all you new members! for those newbies out there, my name is beth, i'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys ages 6 and 3. my wonderful husband is spyguy7540, aka "batman" aka andrew aka the guy who started this thread lol. anyway, i've been eating pretty well lately, but kinda frustrated that childwatch at the Y was closed last week. we ended up getting quite a bit of snow last night, so i'm hoping i'll be able to get there on time for class tomorrow. it's usually tough to get there on time between getting aiden on the bus, then putting riley in childwatch, etc. we'll see how it goes i guess. i ended up doing tae bo yesterday (with some added jumping jacks, running up and down the stairs, push-ups...) just to get to 500 calories. man, it's tough to get a decent calorie burn nowadays. i guess that happens when you're in better shape. i have a feeling this is gonna be a looooong winter. i think i'm gonna have to check out netflix for some more workout videos cause although i love billy blanks, i don't know how many more times i can do the same video. anyway, have a great sunday, everyone!

here's a pic of my snow covered table on the deck :

001-2.jpg
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Good Sunday morning black team...Today is my baby's 10th birthday so I just had a piece of a huge birthday cookie. We are taking him to the state museum today to see the dinosaur exhibit and eating out for dinner. I'm going to do the 30 Day Shred before we leave so hopefully that will help combat some of my extra calories today. Hope you all have a great day!

Happy Birthday to him, Happy Birthday dear big 10 year old. My oldest dd will be 10 in August, fun age. Enjoy your day!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    good morning black team! welcome to all you new members! for those newbies out there, my name is beth, i'm a stay at home mom of 2 boys ages 6 and 3. my wonderful husband is spyguy7540, aka "batman" aka andrew aka the guy who started this thread lol. anyway, i've been eating pretty well lately, but kinda frustrated that childwatch at the Y was closed last week. we ended up getting quite a bit of snow last night, so i'm hoping i'll be able to get there on time for class tomorrow. it's usually tough to get there on time between getting aiden on the bus, then putting riley in childwatch, etc. we'll see how it goes i guess. i ended up doing tae bo yesterday (with some added jumping jacks, running up and down the stairs, push-ups...) just to get to 500 calories. man, it's tough to get a decent calorie burn nowadays. i guess that happens when you're in better shape. i have a feeling this is gonna be a looooong winter. i think i'm gonna have to check out netflix for some more workout videos cause although i love billy blanks, i don't know how many more times i can do the same video. anyway, have a great sunday, everyone!

001-2.jpg

Look at all the snow. We got snow like that last year and several years ago but not this year yet. Beautiful!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Marla, :heart: your new pic!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey gang - remember me??:blushing: :blushing:

I seriously fell off the radar for a while due to a truly horrible combination of family crises and job uncertainty that left me no time to work on me. As a consequence, my ticker has gone in the wrong direction, and I need you all so much more than ever. :cry:

I'm hoping you will take me back, and I will try my best to at least say "hi" on a regular basis, even if I can't keep up with all the stories posted.

Please, please take me back - I miss you guys... :brokenheart: :cry:

Janie

ps, what's with all the snow and wind lately? :angry:
  • 72lori
    Options

001-2.jpg

Holy crapoly that's a lot of snow! I don't think calorie burn will be an issue today digging out of that!

Hang in there, school will be starting again and you will get back to your routine. I'm right there too. Can't wait to hit the gym tomororw. Oh how I have missed it.
  • 72lori
    Options

I seriously fell off the radar for a while due to a truly horrible combination of family crises and job uncertainty that left me no time to work on me. As a consequence, my ticker has gone in the wrong direction, and I need you all so much more than ever. :cry:

I'm hoping you will take me back, and I will try my best to at least say "hi" on a regular basis, even if I can't keep up with all the stories posted.

Janie

Welcome back lady! I think the rule is once a black teamer, always a black teamer no matter if you fall off the radar for a bit or not.

You know what to do, you know how to do it. Good to see you back.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Thanks Lori - it is good to be back.

Guess I can't complain about the snow in CT after seeing Beth's picture. Taking the kids out sledding soon.

Janie
  • musicmom04
    musicmom04 Posts: 670 Member
    Options

Janie

Welcome back lady! I think the rule is once a black teamer, always a black teamer no matter if you fall off the radar for a bit or not.

You know what to do, you know how to do it. Good to see you back.

i second that! welcome back janie!:heart:
  • TiffTerry
    Options
    Woo! I'm in the Chicagoland area and in the same boat as you! I am also excited to be on the Black Team! Tomorrow starts my workouts (I was taking a break to deal with the holiday shuffle). Wish me luck because I am going to need it!

My name is Sara. I live in Wisconsin where it is -15 right now...freezing! I am excited to be on the Black Team!
  • 72lori
    Options
    Hey team. Just needed to pop in to say the water is on it's way out! Yesterday morning I was 158, today 153.8. Water, water, water! Buh bye!

It's hard to imagine the scale can even change that much in 1 day. Huh? I did tinkle alot yesterday. LOL Another pound or two by Wednesday and I won't be too devasted to change my ticker! Good news for me.

I read in a magazine that potassium rich foods (such as bananas) helps with water. It said sodium pulls water into your cells and makes you retain water and potassium pumps it out. It also said drinking water helps dilute the sodium. SpongeMarla might find bananas helpful....LOL