230lbs - looking for people around the same weight to join s

Options

Replies

• Mande_G
    Mande_G Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    here_to_lose

Welcome! :flowerforyou: I am also 29, trying to lose weight before my 30th in May! We can do this, sister!

TaraJ16

Sounds like you had a full day! I went to a holiday party last night and ate bad -- though I kept my portion sizes small. I did end up having most of a can of Sierra Mist soda, as I didn't think to bring water and soda was the only provided drink. It was actually kind of gross! I'm a little mad at myself for spending 140 (or was it 170?) precious calories on that! :laugh: But I DID manage to avoid the desert table completely (which is good, seeing as the soda was was too much sugar anyway).

I can't even begin to guess at the calories in what I ate last night, but the scale is showing the same number as yesterday, so I suppose it can't be too bad. Just getting right back into my healthy eating today -- nothing drastic, no cutting back my calories or going crazy with extra exercise -- just moving on!

Happy Sunday, all!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Mornin' all!

Weighing in today at 197.8 -- a loss of 2 lbs for the week!

Now my challenge is to continue losing while on vacation this week. I don't think exercise will be a problem, but proper diet may be. My plan is to drink lots of water, eat lots of veggies and lean protein when available, and have really small portions of holiday fare (avoiding deserts at all cost! :laugh: )

If I don't check back in before I leave -- Happy Holiday's, everyone!
  • TaraJ16
    TaraJ16 Posts: 304
    Options
    I weighed in this morning with another 1lb loss. Again its better then a gain, but i was really hoping for more of a loss this week.

Happy Holidays to everyone, and i hope these next few days/week isn't too hard on anyone!
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    Merry Christmas everyone!! I hope you guys are all having a special, fun and safe holiday!

I avoided baking this year, but everyone else seems to think its a good thing to bake and then send goodies over lol! i've gotten THREE, yes THREE boxes of chocolates....people are trying to make me gain 100lbs lmao!

anyways, hope everyone is having a great day!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Overindulged and now I'm up 1.8 lbs from the holiday. :noway: Getting right back on track today, though! Back to the clean diet, regular exercise, and plenty of water, water, water!! :drinker:
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    I'm up 1lbs as well. I was actually pretty excited when i saw the scale this morning lol! i didn't exercise like at all, minus a ton of walking lol! was out a lot, so there was lots of nachos, pizza, drinks, (popcorn and milkduds at the movies)....tons of junk lol! so i was excited over only 1lb cause i thought it'd be a heck of a lot more
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    where is everyone??
  • erinm
    erinm Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Fell off the wagon this last week. Trying to get back on, and regain focus!
  • Brandywithrow
    Options
    Hey everyone HAPPY NEW YEAR!!! I fell off the wagon over Christmas (being away) and gained like 4 pounds but I'm back on track and ready for a fresh start for 2010!!! Hope everyone else is doing good and stucvk with it move then me over the holidays :S
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    i've fallen off the wagon quite a bit over the holidays as well. tomorrow i'll be weighing in and seeing what the damage this last week as been :(

also, tomorrow marks my 1 month back at curves and they will be doing a weigh and measure. not really looking forward to that, but it'll help me get back on track!
  • tke1028
    tke1028 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Happy New Year!!! I had to giggle when I just read that a couple of others fell off the wagon as well:)) I have gone back up 3 lbs,ugh.At least it wasn't more than I thought it would be...yay!!!So happy the holidays are over with:)Now ready to hit it hard!!!I am now starting back at 253(ick!!!~was 249) In my defense hit the gym and did 3 miles in 50 minutes on treadmill TODAY.Then lifted arm weights for 15 and sauna for 15...go me,,lol!!! Getting back on diet track and water now.Thanks for the support!!!I know we can all do this...this is our year!!!:))
  • erinm
    Options
    Weighed in this morning. 218. Up one pound from the holidays, I guess I should be thankful it was only one! It could have and should have been a lot worse. Hang in there everyone. The holidays are over, and now we can really focus on our goals, stick together, and accomplish what we want!
  • pressica
    pressica Posts: 361
    Options
    I am 24 years old and weigh-in currently at 214 but I started at 223.
  • tke1028
    tke1028 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    Awesome on the weight loss Pressica!!! I lost 2 lbs yesterday so hauling my big behind back to the gym today...even though my calves are sooooo sore,lol!!! So now weighing in at 251 instead of 253...yay!!!Wish I could make myself only weigh once a week~need to work on that and find out what "From Couch to 5K" is,hummmmm???
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    well i started at 234, and weighed in at the same this morning :( but thats ok, just the kick in the *kitten* i need to get back into gear and take on this weight loss full force!!

tke - couch to 5k is a program that says it can get you from never running, to running a 5k during their program. you can google it and you'll find the program, theres also different podcasts you can get to go along with the program - they tell you when you walk/run ect
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Happy Monday, all!

I almost forgot to check in today. Down to 196 even. Blasted through that holiday gain!

I've been keeping my calories in check (right between 1200-1400, depending on exercise, not always eating all my exercise cals... too much food!!) trying to keep my water between 12-16 cups per day... last couple of days have only gotten 10 per day. Exercise wise: finishing level 3 of Jillian Michaels' 30 day shred, started adding Walk Away the Pounds (2 miles) and a little yoga for some extra cardio/stretching.

Going to be starting the Power 90 workout on Jan. 18th!

Have a great day, everyone!
  • erinm
    Options
    Weighing in! 215.6 for this week, had a really good week! I hope I can have several more weeks like this in a row. Hope everyone else had a really good week as well!
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    good morning everyone!

i weighed in this morning at 232.6 so i'm down 1.4lbs from when i first started. not the best but i know i've gotta keep with this so away we go!
  • Mande_G
    Options
    Hello all!

Weighing in at 194.0 -- exactly 2 lbs down from last week -- down 10.8 from my December 4th starting weight of 204.8 -- and down 15.9 from my highest weight of 209.9 last April -- woohoo!

Finished the 30 day shred today, which was kinda awesome. I'll post my beginning and ending measurements once I take my ending measurements tomorrow. :laugh:

Going to take a "rest" week this week -- no strength training, just planning on doing Walk Away the Pounds for some good cardio to keep the fat loss going. Next Monday I'm starting the Power90 workout.

It's been an amazing month -- can't wait to see what the next one brings. :happy:

Happy Monday!
  • TaraJ16
    Options
    Good monday morning everyone! how did the scale treat you guys this morning? lol!

i'm down 1.4lbs from last week - but only 2.8lbs since starting this. i keep falling off track and am having a hard time with this whole weight loss thing. i'm goign to keep at it though, because i know eventually it will come off lol!