BLACK TEAM-New Year and opening to new Members

Options

Replies

• Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    I would love to join the team. I am a mother of two that is going to lose 45 pounds... I will weigh in in hopes that I am picked....
    have a great year. I will follow you.
    Doreen

Welcome to the team Doreen!

We have alot of mom's on the team so you should have alot of folks who share alot of the same challenges.

Congratulations on making these changes.
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Hey gang - remember me??:blushing: :blushing:

I seriously fell off the radar for a while due to a truly horrible combination of family crises and job uncertainty that left me no time to work on me. As a consequence, my ticker has gone in the wrong direction, and I need you all so much more than ever. :cry:

I'm hoping you will take me back, and I will try my best to at least say "hi" on a regular basis, even if I can't keep up with all the stories posted.

Please, please take me back - I miss you guys... :brokenheart: :cry:

Janie

ps, what's with all the snow and wind lately? :angry:

With open arms Janie...With open arms.

Thanks Andrew - you sweetie!! :flowerforyou: :blushing: :smooched: - Beth is a lucky girl..

Not an awesome start for the day - I overate (planning on my 30 minute swim at night) and then ended up having to clean out the coaches room instead. :grumble: :grumble:

Will make up for it tomorrow - no more coaches rooms:explode:

Have a great evening all. Janie
  • afergason
    afergason Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I debated whether or not I would be able to make the commitment to such a visibly committed team. I'm rarely online during the day but I am going to do my best to check in every evening.

I'm Audrey and I would love to join the Black Team. I've been doing MFP for about six months and I'm about halfway done. Now its going to get hard and I could use the advice and support. My wife has just decided to start her own weight-loss program (although she's decided to do Weight Watchers) and I know she will struggle and I will struggle to help keep her motivated. So I also think I'll need a place where people can understand how hard it can be when someone doesn't want to change.
  • Tri_Dad
    Tri_Dad Posts: 1,465
    Options
    Phew!

I cannot let myself go that long without visiting the thread! lol. So glad to see so many new faces. And it's great to hear how all the old timers are kicking butt and taking names! I just want to review a few things for the new folks to make sure we are all on the same page.

#1: Team Challenges will officially begin this tuesday evening. For the first few weeks I will most likely throw the challenge out myself. then I might look to the team for ideas.

#2: Weekly weight ins should be reported to me on tuesday evenings of wednesdays days so I can post the team results on wednesday evening. You can just send me a PM (Private message) with your weight. I'll track weight lost and % lost each week as well as total weight lost and percentage lost.

I have learned one thing this weekend. I'm done with the snow. lol. Well tommorow is offiicially day one of the 16 week cycle of Triathlon training. Gotta hit the pool tommorow and work on some drills. Food is generally a challenge at the momment. The battery in the heart rate monitor is DEAD and I desperatly need a new one. The problem I am having is that the only thing I have gotten good at is the basic math of this whole thing. Eat what MFP says, burn what MFP says and I am golden.
    That worked well when I was just trying to lose the weight. But the training I am doing now is a different animal. I have to eat enough to fuel the work and keep this evolution going.Toward the end of my training I need to be upwards of 4k calories daily to meet the needs of the training. Oy boy this is going to be interesting. This is going to be a tough thing to figure out and I am so glad I have all of you to share this journey with. Two sprint distance and one olympic distance on the plate for this year. I have alot of work to do. Last year I was 319 pounds and on my way to an early grave. Today I start my journey to the Iron Man and nothing is going to keep me from crossing that finish line. No matter how long it takes me.

For the new folks. Their is one bit of advice I want to give you all as you start your journey here. Their will be times when things will be difficult. Times when you will feel like its beyond your reach and it is just taking "Too long". Try to remember this.

"Whether you do something to improve yourself or not the time will pass either way. So even if you only lost 5 pounds in a year the that year will pass either way. You can be 5 pounds healthier or be no better then you are today."

This is a journey of small steps. It's not something that will happen overnight and for that reason it's so much more worth while. Their is an old chinese proverb that says "It is better to take many small steps foward then to attempt a giant leap and stumble backwards". The same is true about this change. Their is NO finish line here. This is a change that you must make for the rest of your life. Educate yourself and grown as part of the process. You will not only become thinner and more healthy, you will become a more confident person. A better father/mother, a better husband/wife, a better sister, brother and friend. You my friends, both new and old are capable of far more than you realize and in this journey you will learn that very little if anything is beyond your reach if you can find the strenght, dedication and will to make it happen. I have seen things on this team that have brought tears to my eyes and have changed me forever. I have had momments in my journey that will stay with me forever. I have seen so many people conquere so many mountains here that I know....I KNOW.....I KNOW, each and every one of you can reach your goals and set greater goals for tommorow. This is a journey of self discovery, a finding of your self worth and a chance for you to truley love the most important person on this earth.....Yourself. I am pleased and honored to have been a part of your journey's this past year and I am blessed to be here at the beginning of so many more. The day is ours to take black team and their is nothing that can stand in the way of a heart and mind joined for a purpose. Here's to 2010 :drinker: . God speed black team. God speed.

:wink:
  • fancydog
    Options
    hi i would like to join -- please advise if possible - if yes what is the next step.
  • fancydog
    Options
    i would like to join -- i have lost 30lbs on weight watchers - i'm in maintenance it hasnt been so hard, until the holidays, of course,.

195164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • teeneu
    teeneu Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    I'd love to join the black team too! I am married, have 3 sons and work full time as an elementary teacher. I am ready to get back on board.
  • Marla64
    Marla64 Posts: 23,120 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so somebody please remind me that making memories for my kids tonight celebrating with yet another party the Jets playoff berth was more important than exercising.

And please assure me that my son didn't really mean to cost me an additional hour's worth of work by failing to start the dishwasher after dinner, thus forcing me to handwash all of the dishes/pots/pans/glasses/platters for aforementioned Jets party, insuring that I had no time to exercise tonight. Please assure me of that so I can stop wishing him a slow and painful death.

And please tell me that, bet your bottom dollar, the sun really will come out tomorrow-- 'cause I'm ready to break somebody's freakin' neck tonight.

Nahhhhh-- seriously-- this has been another night where I had my plans all day, and then found that my children hoped for a Jets party, and hubs naturally thought it was a great idea-- so my plans went poof. Need to roll with these occasions better-- this is my life for a long time, my friends-- you'd think by now I'd learn to handle these things better, to God's glory.

Alas, my peeps, tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow I'm exercising, and not waiting for hubs or anybody else-- enough !!!

Andrew-- beautiful reminder of how far we've come-- thanks, buddy--

Have a great night!
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Okay-- so somebody please remind me that making memories for my kids tonight celebrating with yet another party the Jets playoff berth was more important than exercising.

And please assure me that my son didn't really mean to cost me an additional hour's worth of work by failing to start the dishwasher after dinner, thus forcing me to handwash all of the dishes/pots/pans/glasses/platters for aforementioned Jets party, insuring that I had no time to exercise tonight. Please assure me of that so I can stop wishing him a slow and painful death.

And please tell me that, bet your bottom dollar, the sun really will come out tomorrow-- 'cause I'm ready to break somebody's freakin' neck tonight.

Nahhhhh-- seriously-- this has been another night where I had my plans all day, and then found that my children hoped for a Jets party, and hubs naturally thought it was a great idea-- so my plans went poof. Need to roll with these occasions better-- this is my life for a long time, my friends-- you'd think by now I'd learn to handle these things better, to God's glory.

Alas, my peeps, tomorrow is another day. Tomorrow I'm exercising, and not waiting for hubs or anybody else-- enough !!!

Andrew-- beautiful reminder of how far we've come-- thanks, buddy--

Have a great night!

HUGS Marla!!!!! :flowerforyou:
  • Marla64
    Options
    I debated whether or not I would be able to make the commitment to such a visibly committed team. I'm rarely online during the day but I am going to do my best to check in every evening.

I'm Audrey and I would love to join the Black Team. I've been doing MFP for about six months and I'm about halfway done. Now its going to get hard and I could use the advice and support. My wife has just decided to start her own weight-loss program (although she's decided to do Weight Watchers) and I know she will struggle and I will struggle to help keep her motivated. So I also think I'll need a place where people can understand how hard it can be when someone doesn't want to change.

Audrey-- welcome-- day or night, check in when it works for you.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    I did it. I ate too many cookies and while they were basically as healhty as a cookie can get and pretty small, I burnt 650 calories with exercise, not counting all the outdoor stuff this morning. Drank lots of water, ate a healthy dinner and managed not to choke my fighting bratty kids (oops did I throw that in there :blushing: ) :tongue: . I have ran / walked 5.5 miles toward my 1000 mile goal. I can do this, I can!
  • Marla64
    Options
    i would like to join -- i have lost 30lbs on weight watchers - i'm in maintenance it hasnt been so hard, until the holidays, of course,.

195164.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter

Hi fancy-- welcome-- just read through Andrew's post above and jump on in--

If you could, please put your name in your signature so we can get on a first name basis-- if you're comfortable with that. We've found it's helpful to get closer as a team--
  • Marla64
    Options
    I did it. I ate too many cookies and while they were basically as healhty as a cookie can get and pretty small, I burnt 650 calories with exercise, not counting all the outdoor stuff this morning. Drank lots of water, ate a healthy dinner and managed not to choke my fighting bratty kids (oops did I throw that in there :blushing: ) :tongue: . I have ran / walked 5.5 miles toward my 1000 mile goal. I can do this, I can!

Yes, you can-- and so can I-- tonight sucked. But, tomorrow's another day--
  • Marla64
    Options
    I'd love to join the black team too! I am married, have 3 sons and work full time as an elementary teacher. I am ready to get back on board.

Then climb aboard!!!

Name in your signature would be great-- welcome, welcome, welcome!
  • mumsanutter
    mumsanutter Posts: 3,068 Member
    Options
    Morning all, weighed myself this morning and have dropped 2lb, so down to 169 (at least its below 170 :tongue: ). Saw the nurse this morning, and she has told me to eat all of my exercise calories, is this right - sorry can not get my head round this idea :blushing:

Marla64 - my husband is well happy that the Jets won that game, he managed to get to his first game in november against the jaguars (unfortunately they lost) but as we are near Heathrow, London he normally has to watch it (when its shown that is :ohwell: )

Back to work for me today, so the number of children in the house is in a constant state of change - currently have 4 (3 my own), awaiting 1 to arrive at lunch and then another 2 (1 of mine) when they finish school, so will have 7 after 3 today :tongue:
  • familygirl37167
    familygirl37167 Posts: 2,088 Member
    Options
    Howdy black team members....

Its already off to a rough start...there were so many people at the gym, more then I ever saw at 5 am in the morning on any given morning...And low and behold they couldnt getthe lights to come on....LOL...Funny someone said well thats not good for the new year resolution..I thought to myself...this is not a resloution for me I have been coming for month...Its not gonna effect me to go home...because why...I will be back this afternoon and do my workout like I would have been had the lights came on this morning..

I must say I am very proud of myself I ate clean everyday since New Years, not even feeling like I want something bad. I have worked to hard to go back now. I asked God to take my cravings away...Its amazing, to get back at it black team.

Are we all ready for the biggest loser tomorrow night????

Andrew your such an amazing person, so glad I met both of ya'll..

Marla- I am sure you never have a dull moments, I give you all the respect in the world...

Amanda- great job, on the running and after eating the cookies you just didnt say oh well, it ruined already might as well eat what I want the rest of the day.

New comers- welcome aboard, we are so blessed to have you here.
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Good morning black team...I had a rough day yesterday with calories. We ate out twice and had a big birthday cookie. I got my Shred DVD done but still went way over on calories. I will do better today. Have to work about 10 hours so I better get started. Have a great day!
  • queenbee
    queenbee Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Hi, I LOVE the black team, how do I join? I am new to all of this, except watching all the seasons of The Biggest Loser and doing nothing about it! I am ready for Jullian (can I have Bob and still be black?) to kick my butt! I like that you have tough love and possitive comment rules. THanks, QueenBee
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Welcome to the Newbies!! WOOT! I love fresh blood......buawahahaaaaa..........ok, not such a good evil laugh, but I tried!

I have done nothing..................NOTHING for 3 weeks. Oh I cleaned, slept, read a book.............complained my neck hurts.......a LOT.....

Then I came back home, to the Black Team. Again the do do do do do do do do do BATMAN...............signal went out to me and drew me back in where I belong!

Yesterday I just wanted out of the house. To get my blood flowing again. My son's GF called for a date at the biggest mall on SoFla on the coldest day of the year. I'm IN I yelled!!

We had a great time and walked 2 miles or more (I do not suggest the cute little heels I was wearing, ouch!)

I ate well, laughed a lot and only bought some shoes for my DH.

\day I begin the c25k again. It irks me to think I would be on wk 6 if I kept it up.....but as a wise woman once said

Whadayagonnado? smiley-confused005.gif[/url]

Jeannie
  • 72lori
    72lori Posts: 6,760 Member
    Options
    Morning team. Great post Andrew. You sure have a way to say things!

Marla and Amanda- don't hurt your children. LOL. I know though, there are days!

Newbies (sorry I'm not addressing each one of you by name, there are a LOT of you, which is great)- welcome! Glad to see you on here posting, I promise I'll learn names and not call you a newbie forever, I know each one of you has a lot to offer to the team and I can't wait to learn more about you. Like Marla keeps saying, add your name to your signature, it does make it easier to call you by name if we know it. LOL! Also, if you havne't done it, adding some info to your profile about you is great, it helps us get to know you!

Tamara- your talk of the gym being crowded just burst my bubble a teeny tiny bit, I am busting a gut to get these kids off to school and get there for a good workout. I never thought of the fact that it's a MOnday, the first MOnday after a big holiday, the first Monday after everybody has made their 'I need to lose weight and exercise' resolution. Ugh!

It's not that I don't encourage new people to be at the gym, I wish them all the luck, but my gym is fairly small and fighting for a place to stand to lift or a spot in class isn't really my idea of fun.

I'm putting new mus-ack on my ipod right now so I have some new tunes to keep me moving!

Later peeps. Lori