C25K

Options
Week 1 Day 1 was yesterday- and I didn't die. I'd say it's a pretty big accomplishment . I actually enjoyed it too :) Has C25K worked for any of you, if so how did you like it?

Replies

• jennm72
    jennm72 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I will do week 3 day 3 tomorrow and I am loving it. It is definately working for me. When I started 3 weeks ago, I didn't think I would make it 30 seconds. Yesterday I had to do 3 seperate 3 minute runs and made it with no problems. I am not fast or anything, but I am increasing my endurance.
  • blisteredpig
    blisteredpig Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Just finshed Week 5 Day 3. I put it off for a week doing Day 2 over 3 times, just didn't think I was ready for the 20 minutes straight. Didn't really have any problem with the 20 minutes, but definatly think the extra week helped me out both metally and physically.
  • ilovemybuggy
    ilovemybuggy Posts: 1,584 Member
    Options
    Just finshed Week 5 Day 3. I put it off for a week doing Day 2 over 3 times, just didn't think I was ready for the 20 minutes straight. Didn't really have any problem with the 20 minutes, but definatly think the extra week helped me out both metally and physically.

I can't even imagine doing 20 minutes straight right now- but then again, I didn't think I would make it thru 60 seconds 8 times last night- and I did with no problem. Should I keep doing week 1 ( is every day the same?) or should I move on if I feel I can do longer?
  • SerenityGelsinger
    SerenityGelsinger Posts: 80 Member
    Options
    I am on week three this week. I did week two twice. I should note, however, that this is my third time "running". I didn't do it right the other two times (starting out I mean) and have been plagued with injuries so I'm going slow this time. I used to run 7 kms five days a week but I pushed myself too fast. I really enjoy running so I hope this works! I know a few other people who have used it (one does triathalons now) and they really like it too.

Good luck! Keep up the hard work!
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    I used it to start running a few years ago, now I run 1/2s and planning to run a full next march. Keep it up, running can be addictive.
  • blisteredpig
    blisteredpig Posts: 20 Member
    Options

I can't even imagine doing 20 minutes straight right now- but then again, I didn't think I would make it thru 60 seconds 8 times last night- and I did with no problem. Should I keep doing week 1 ( is every day the same?) or should I move on if I feel I can do longer?
    Every day is the same on the first 3 weeks I believe. If you are in decent shape you may be able to jump to week 2, but if you wasn't sure you'd be able to do week 1, may just stick with the plan.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

Yeah, probably a good idea! Thanks! :)
    Every day is the same on the first 3 weeks I believe. If you are in decent shape you may be able to jump to week 2, but if you wasn't sure you'd be able to do week 1, may just stick with the plan.
  • nickhuffman74
    nickhuffman74 Posts: 198 Member
    Options

Stick with the plan, they are building up your strength and endurance for the longer runs.
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options
    I used it to start running a few years ago, now I run 1/2s and planning to run a full next march. Keep it up, running can be addictive.

That's awesome! And trust me I know- I used to run all the time and LOVED IT- hoping to love it again! :)
  • ilovemybuggy
    Options

Stick with the plan, they are building up your strength and endurance for the longer runs.

Thanks! :)
  • jwaitman
    jwaitman Posts: 367 Member
    Options
    I was off to a good start with it, but think I need to start over. I found that it aggravates my lower back so I have to give it a rest.
  • inotnew
    inotnew Posts: 218 Member
    Options
    this month last year I started the C25K program. I think that is the perfect way to start running and I have since started a couple other people on the program. I can't believe it has been a year. I don't know what I would do without it now. It gets harder and then easier. Good Luck!
  • islandjumper
    islandjumper Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I finished c25k a while back. it's amazing to think that at the begging of the year I could barely run a minute, and now I can do 5k (plus some)! It's well worth it! Stick with it and you'll surprise yourself on a weekly basis!
  • cheekydeeky
    cheekydeeky Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    i'm on week 5 day 3. at first i was terrified but i found that i love it. if i can just get my behind to do it. :) i wish i didn't get such bad shin splints tho. good luck!
  • DiannaMoorer
    DiannaMoorer Posts: 783 Member
    Options
    It works!!! It's an awesome program! Ive run 6, 5ks now and am training for my second half marathon. Happy running!:bigsmile:
  • Frood42
    Frood42 Posts: 245 Member
    Options
    I tried it after my 90min cycle ride, I did Week 1 Day 1 last night as a test to see how far I have come with running, as I find cycling much easier than running.

I found this to be easier than I thought, but I am going to do the full 9 weeks anyway and see how it goes.
    The podcast was great!
  • BodyByButter
    BodyByButter Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    I got new running shoes yesterday in anticipation of starting this. But, while I was shopping one of my knees was really hurting from the prior day's Zumba. I am wondering if I am kidding myself and I won't be able to this because my knees are so bad.
  • dadzpeach
    dadzpeach Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'm doing week 7 day 1 tonight.... I'm not gonna lie, it does get tough, but it is so worth it! You will feel so accomplished when you finish a run that you thought you would never be able to do. Don't give up, you can do it!
  • darkling_glory
    darkling_glory Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I just finished week 7 -- it is fantastic. I can't even believe that I am where I am. Keep going, you can totally do this!
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I am on Week 2. I love it. :heart: