Options
fcp1234
fcp1234 Posts: 1,098 Member
When do you find the time to work out?

Replies

• ahmommy
    ahmommy Posts: 316 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred to get a full body workout in less than half an hour.

On days I work (10 hour days), I do it as soon as I get home while hubby starts dinner and watches the kids. On the days I'm home (I work 3 days a week), I do it as soon as I put my 5 month old down for her nap.

My 3 year old does it with me and says, "Go, mommy, go! Go faster!"
  • mrodriguez81
    mrodriguez81 Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    During my lunch hour and on Saturday mornings. Saturday mornings I get up like I usually do everyday and walk over to the Y and workout for an hour. Then go home and be back just in time for when everyone starts to wake up.
  • bridgett28
    bridgett28 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I work out on my lunch hour during the work week and my gym has a daycare that i could take my 3 kids (9, 6, & 11mns) to when I go on the weekend.
  • jae28
    jae28 Posts: 8
    Options
    well all three of my children will be in school next week but i usually all summer walk with them or i break it up into 10 mins here and there until i do the time i want
  • mtaylor33557
    mtaylor33557 Posts: 542 Member
    Options
    If I'm going to a class at the gym, I go right after work. My husband picks up my son and I try to have something in the crock pot so we can eat as soon as I get in.

If I'm going to run, or work out at home, I do it after he goes to bed, or during nap time on the weekend.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    I'm doing the 30 day shred to get a full body workout in less than half an hour.

On days I work (10 hour days), I do it as soon as I get home while hubby starts dinner and watches the kids. On the days I'm home (I work 3 days a week), I do it as soon as I put my 5 month old down for her nap.

I am jealous. I work 5 days a week, and Im gone 7am to 6pm. When I get home I only have 2 hours to spend with my baby before he goes to bed. I feel so guilty working out when he is awake. Then when he goes to bed I have other things to do or Im too tired. I know, I know. Im making excuses.
  • OTchic
    OTchic Posts: 205 Member
    Options
    im a full time college student taking 12-15 units plus i work 25 hrs a week and mom to a 3 year and wife. there is always time. at 6am before work after dinner at night time. but i work out 6 days a week and i forcibly take 1 day off for "Recovery". you can DO IT!! :)
  • Ivana331
    Ivana331 Posts: 230
    Options
    I am also doing the 30day shred as it's short, but seems to be effective. I do it in the morning and the kids just kind of run amok around me for that time being! LOL Then I have the rest of the day to do whatever else I need. :)
  • foranagirl
    foranagirl Posts: 64 Member
    Options

I am jealous. I work 5 days a week, and Im gone 7am to 6pm. When I get home I only have 2 hours to spend with my baby before he goes to bed. I feel so guilty working out when he is awake. Then when he goes to bed I have other things to do or Im too tired. I know, I know. Im making excuses.

fcp, that's my situation...I leave at 7:15 and get home around 6:30. By the time I make dinner, clean up and we've got the kids (5 and 2) ready for bed, it's 8:30. I have trouble sleeping as it is, so I'm not about to exercise then. I've started getting up early in the morning and walking so that I'm back before they wake up around 6. I'm also trying to squeeze strength training in 3x a week during my lunch hour. Yeah, I'm a little tired and my hair looks like c*ap here at work on M, W and F afternoons, but I decided something had to give, and it wasn't going to be my health or my limited time with my kids.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    I work out about an hour after I eat breakfast. I work nights bartending with the occasional day but usually I'm up by 10 or 11. So depending on what time it is it may be time for nap time soon and I can work out then or occasionally I'll wait till my hubby gets home if theirs a gap between when I have to work and do it then. But usually I will do my at home work outs WITH my kids, they really enjoy it and it makes it easier instead of having to stop every few minutes to get something for them to play.
  • skinnygurl02
    skinnygurl02 Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    Luckily my kids 9,11 and 13 love to work out with me. We do Just Dance Wii and my girls have even done 30 day shred a few times with me:)
  • fcp1234
    Options
    Luckily my kids 9,11 and 13 love to work out with me. We do Just Dance Wii and my girls have even done 30 day shred a few times with me:)

hmm..maybe my 1 year old will like 30day shred:)
  • KMA220
    KMA220 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I work monday-friday, leaving the house about 6:30am and not getting home until 6:30pm. I used to wake up earlier in the morning and do it before getting ready for work but started slacking and then it never got done. I've since let myself sleep and I get my workout in after my daughter goes to bed. Yes, it's late and sometimes I'm tired but I know that I'd rather sleep that little bit in the morning, so I do it. It's not easy but you do what you have to do. :)
  • emmoen1
    emmoen1 Posts: 86 Member
    Options
    530 every morning with 1 rest day to sleep in
  • fcp1234
    Options

fcp, that's my situation...I leave at 7:15 and get home around 6:30. By the time I make dinner, clean up and we've got the kids (5 and 2) ready for bed, it's 8:30. I have trouble sleeping as it is, so I'm not about to exercise then. I've started getting up early in the morning and walking so that I'm back before they wake up around 6. I'm also trying to squeeze strength training in 3x a week during my lunch hour. Yeah, I'm a little tired and my hair looks like c*ap here at work on M, W and F afternoons, but I decided something had to give, and it wasn't going to be my health or my limited time with my kids.

I hate working out at lunch. I mean I never did it, years ago I used to take my time at the gym after work. I dont like not having time to take a shower...ugh..

I have walked every day during lunch, but that to me is not real work out. I need a real one!!
  • jeyko
    jeyko Posts: 368 Member
    Options
    As soon as the kids are in bed! We go for walks or bike rides together but for my main workouts, I wait until they are in bed. Then it's uninterrupted me time.(usually LOL)
  • TKHappy
    TKHappy Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    4:30 every morning M-Sat...2 hours before anyone else gets up. I go for a run 4 times a week and the rest I do at home with a eliptical, free weights or Insanity DVD. :)
  • danessa1
    danessa1 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I workout during lunch.
  • fcp1234
    Options
    4:30 every morning M-Sat...2 hours before anyone else gets up. I go for a run 4 times a week and the rest I do at home with a eliptical, free weights or Insanity DVD. :)
    4.30am? You are my hero
  • marieautumn
    marieautumn Posts: 932 Member
    Options
    right after work at the gym by my job, before i pick up my son from day care. or if its the school year (he goes to a diff day care at that time), i pick him up then take him to the gym with me. he likes to play in the kids club.