After joining MFP, how long did it take you to loose 10 lbs?

Options
How fast did you loose?

Replies

• kmumansky
    kmumansky Posts: 119
    Options
    It took me 9 weeks. I aim for 1 lb a week loss...and i've pretty much achieved that consistently. I did hit a month long plateau so I started eating back some or all of my exercise calories, and then lost 3 lbs in 1 week, which made up for the plateau! :)
  • MrGonzo05
    MrGonzo05 Posts: 1,120 Member
    Options
    Just over 3 weeks.
  • gpstrucker
    gpstrucker Posts: 930 Member
    Options
    About 30 seconds.

LOL

Seriously, I had started losing before I joined here so had already dropped 10. I've been averaging around a pound or so a week.
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    I actively started MFP July 18 even though my joined date says May. So a little over two weeks ago. I hit the 11 pounds lost mark this morning.
  • hesn92
    hesn92 Posts: 5,967 Member
    Options
    Like 3 months but I was already a healthy weight.
  • serhioramos
    serhioramos Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hm.. I'm curious as to why people see so much fluctuation in the time it takes them to lose weight... it probably has to do with their health patterns before starting as well as their age, level of exercise, and commitment mostly. But occasionally you'll get two people with similar habits and similar starting weights that lose at entirely different paces. Wonder why.
  • determined_01
    Options
    I'm a few ounces short, but I'm on day 1 of week 5.
  • shaelataylor
    shaelataylor Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    like 3 weeks probably...it came off quickly at first!
  • Pink_Tina
    Pink_Tina Posts: 164
    Options
    Two months. I only lose 1 pound a week, even when I first started.
  • lemonjune
    lemonjune Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in about 4 weeks, but I was really heavy. Plus, I took my SW right after Christmas, so it's possible that the salty foods made me retain a lot of water and stuff like that.
  • taniaandmichael
    taniaandmichael Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    About three months.
  • wingshooter2004
    Options
    I just started this recently. I have lost 10 pounds in about 2 1/2 weeks. I stepped on the scale to check Thursday morning and had lost a pound since last Sunday's weigh in. Sunday is my official weigh in day, so that will be the end of week 3. I will probably have lost another pound by then. The first week I lost 7 pounds, two last week, and probably two this week.
  • superflus
    Options
    It took me about eight weeks. I only lose about a pound a week.
  • SafioraLinnea
    SafioraLinnea Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    About a month, maybe 5 weeks?
  • DominiqueSmall
    DominiqueSmall Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    30 days once I stopped eating gluten and grains (I was diagnosed with celica disease)
  • Juustinnnn
    Juustinnnn Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I've lost 6 lbs and its been about 2 weeks. I was drinking 4 mt dews a day and eating fast food everyday 3x a day. I cut out all fast food. All soda.
  • jynxxxed
    jynxxxed Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    Probably around 2-3 weeks.. more towards 2. but I started at a high weight + HORRIBLE eating habits and never drinking water. I made immediate drastic changes so the quick drop I kind of expected in the beginning. :P
  • Ash_ah_lee
    Ash_ah_lee Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    A month..
  • Sjenny5891
    Sjenny5891 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I get excited over the big numbers. i didn't weigh myself until I'd been doing this for a month. I'm too afraid of what the scale will say.
  • MissySho
    MissySho Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    I just started this in mid July....my SW was 345.....and on day twenty i weighed in at 334. I'm shooting for 2 pounds a week but have passed that so far....i don't let the scale number matter much to me right now, i see major progress already and that is what is driving me. going from being completely seditary (only really getting up to use the bathroom) to now exercising for as long as i can a couple of times a day is a big NSV, and to me that is more important than what the scale is reading right now.