ketosis..whose with us??

Options

Replies

• caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    Thats what I dont want to do, I dont want to gain back! Its too hard to lose, dont want to reverse that!

as long as you won't go back to eating junk (or however you gained weight) you won't.

it is an excellent way to learn portion control, reduce cravings (overeating), and reduce appetite.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    I lost about 135 of my lbs in 7 months while in a state of Ketosis, I was being monitored by doctors and a nutritionist though, I lost the rest of it by slowing reintroducing carbs and exercising my *kitten* off. The more you say no to the craving the easier it gets, be careful not to drink too much alcohol cause it can really mess with your liver. I am no longer diabetic or have high blood pressure because of ketosis.

I live in Afghanistan and have no alcohol. I just eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Today I dont like my fat intake at all and Im way too close to my 1200 calories... UGH..
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    Worked really well for me a few years ago, lost weight like there was no tomorrow.
    But now Imma go for a slow and steady approach. I also like potato a lot ._.

LOL. I understand. I am really giving this a try. Not sure how long is healthy to do it for... still researching.

most people do it until they are close to goal weight, then add in healthy carbs (whole grains, sweet potatoes, beans etc)

some people do ketogenic diets for epilepsy, and it is a treatment for diabetes (among other ailments)

So its okay for more than just a month? I had a 200lb goal by November and am really trying to reach it. I have a birthday in three days and really wanted a piece of bday cake but it sounds like that might not be smart :( darn... 32 is my year!
  • treysmith1016
    Options

I live in Afghanistan and have no alcohol. I just eat a lot of fruits and veggies. Today I dont like my fat intake at all and Im way too close to my 1200 calories... UGH..
    [/quote]

Fruits on keto? Not sure if serious.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    I lost about 135 of my lbs in 7 months while in a state of Ketosis, I was being monitored by doctors and a nutritionist though, I lost the rest of it by slowing reintroducing carbs and exercising my *kitten* off. The more you say no to the craving the easier it gets, be careful not to drink too much alcohol cause it can really mess with your liver. I am no longer diabetic or have high blood pressure because of ketosis.

i peeked at your diary... are you in ketosis on 40-50 grams a day?
  • caraiselite
    Options
    Worked really well for me a few years ago, lost weight like there was no tomorrow.
    But now Imma go for a slow and steady approach. I also like potato a lot ._.

LOL. I understand. I am really giving this a try. Not sure how long is healthy to do it for... still researching.

most people do it until they are close to goal weight, then add in healthy carbs (whole grains, sweet potatoes, beans etc)

some people do ketogenic diets for epilepsy, and it is a treatment for diabetes (among other ailments)

So its okay for more than just a month? I had a 200lb goal by November and am really trying to reach it. I have a birthday in three days and really wanted a piece of bday cake but it sounds like that might not be smart :( darn... 32 is my year!

my friend has been in ketosis for 22 years.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

[/quote]

Everything I had read said to eat my fruits in the morning so it burns the sugars throughout the day....
  • ZoeyRobinson
    Options
    What is Ketosis? Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. I am curious though.
  • caraiselite
    Options

also, lots of fat is good on keto.

your macros should be like 60, 35, 5 fat, protein, carbs.. or whatever works for you, but should be mostly fat.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

Today was not a good day. Usually yes. I just ordered those strips and will check for sure but I have had all the fat burning and have had the iron taste in my mouth... so, I guess its possible I havent but we shall see.
  • caraiselite
    Options

Everything I had read said to eat my fruits in the morning so it burns the sugars throughout the day....
    [/quote]

if you check with a ketostick and you're peeing ketones then its okay, but i know most people can't eat fruit in the beginning..
  • caraiselite
    Options
    either way, ketosis or not, reducing carbs to below 50 will help a ton.
  • caraiselite
    Options
    What is Ketosis? Sorry but I have no idea what you are talking about. I am curious though.

when the body burns fat for fuel instead of glucose.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    either way, ketosis or not, reducing carbs to below 50 will help a ton.

LOL, I was just going to say. Ive lost 12 pounds total in about three weeks and I feel great. If its not Ketosis then Im okay with it :) I might be steering wrong but I guess I will use my wisdom from here and internet research and hope for the best...
  • caraiselite
    Options
    this is the atkins induction list of foods

http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1/What-You-Can-Eat-in-this-Phase.aspx

i follow this.. but i eat nuts and berries only for fruit. berries have the lowest amount of sugar, so if you want fruit, get strawberries and raspberries :D
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options
    this is the atkins induction list of foods

http://www.atkins.com/Program/Phase-1/What-You-Can-Eat-in-this-Phase.aspx

i follow this.. but i eat nuts and berries only for fruit. berries have the lowest amount of sugar, so if you want fruit, get strawberries and raspberries :D

I dont have a wide variety in a military chow hall. We kind of go with what we can get. Im usually stuck with watermelon and apples. I am really proud that Ive stuck to what I have. If you look at my diary when I first started. HOLY HELL, I was NEVER going to lose weight. A dear friend of mine took me under her wing and its been great since then. I only have half nekkie pics so I cant post those but I see a diff.... I love the support on here and I really thank everyone!
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    Options

I am not on it now and 40-50 grams of what, I was doing a weightloss program with a hospital
  • caraiselite
    Options

I am not on it now and 40-50 grams of what, I was doing a weightloss program with a hospital

oh, not you. the OP.
  • Blayzn10Tiffers
    Options

She was talking to me and she was talking about of carbs.. she said Im too high in carbs.
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    Ketosis is an Adtkins Diet thing, where you count carbs and not calories. Seems to be the opposite of this program, however it is whatever works for YOU. I tried Atkins and lost 15 lbs in about 3 weeks time. My problem is that it wasn't a program I could live with.

I have finally found that I can alter my lifestyle of eating and lose weight and maintain it. I'm not doing anything drastic so I don't have to worry about going off the program.