No More Excuses - Week 9

Options
Here we go to start off our week 9!!!! I will get a chart together tonight and post it!!!! ;)

Replies

• yvonneh
    yvonneh Posts: 64
    Options
    Tammy, I forgot to say thanks for the invite about 30 Day Shred. I haven't even ordered it yet, so I'll probably miss out, but I think I'll take it on later this year, so I'm interested to hear how it goes for you. Experience has taught me I need to make small, gradual changes to build up my exercise routine or I burn myself out and/or hurt myself after a couple of months. I'm already addicted to walking 30-60 minutes a day & power yoga once a week - I truly miss it and feel bad if I skip. My new goals are to work in some short intervals of jogging and a second power yoga class until they feel routine.

Also just FYI for everyone - I found these great frozen meals from Contessa for dinner. Birdseye also makes some. They're in the frozen dinner aisle, only they are in bags and have fresh veggies, chicken/beef/shrinp, and sauce all in one bag. It depends on the flavor, but they are in the 300-500 calories per serving. One bag is about $7 and serves 2-3. It saves so much time it probably will help us eat good meals during the week more often. All I do is add a side salad. It's way cheaper & healthier than going out.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Tammy, I forgot to say thanks for the invite about 30 Day Shred. I haven't even ordered it yet, so I'll probably miss out, but I think I'll take it on later this year, so I'm interested to hear how it goes for you. Experience has taught me I need to make small, gradual changes to build up my exercise routine or I burn myself out and/or hurt myself after a couple of months. I'm already addicted to walking 30-60 minutes a day & power yoga once a week - I truly miss it and feel bad if I skip. My new goals are to work in some short intervals of jogging and a second power yoga class until they feel routine.

Also just FYI for everyone - I found these great frozen meals from Contessa for dinner. Birdseye also makes some. They're in the frozen dinner aisle, only they are in bags and have fresh veggies, chicken/beef/shrinp, and sauce all in one bag. It depends on the flavor, but they are in the 300-500 calories per serving. One bag is about $7 and serves 2-3. It saves so much time it probably will help us eat good meals during the week more often. All I do is add a side salad. It's way cheaper & healthier than going out.

I think I have seen these....In fact I think I just bought a couple the last time we were at the store. Glad they are good!!! ;)
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    Posting to keep track of the new thread!
  • tamelab
    tamelab Posts: 892 Member
    Options
    Yvonneh...Thanks for the tip. I will definitely give them a try. I am always looking for an easy way to fix dinner. I'll let you know about the Shred. This is day 4 for me and it is a little easier. I also tend to overdo things and get burned out. I seem to go in phases. I'd love to find a routine and stick with it. In the summer it is so much easier because I can kayak, hike and play softball, etc.
  • AmandaJ
    AmandaJ Posts: 1,950 Member
    Options
    Ann, if you haven't did the chart yet, I will do it, but only have Jack's weigh-in. :smile: It really isn't that big of deal. Maybe we could just get it on there late this week. I really like this team and appreciate it, if you want I will get the chart up tonight.

Editted to add: I also have Tammy and Angels.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    AmandaJ I thought I sent you a message but I guess I didn't. But I haven't lost anything. Maybe I'll have better luck this week.
  • Angel1029
    Angel1029 Posts: 459
    Options
    Ok cool, you got it.
  • dragonfly81
    dragonfly81 Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    I haven't weighed, so nothing to update yet. I'll weigh tomorrow morning to see if there is a change, though.

I am on my way to work out on the treadmill and wii fit in the living room! Yippeeee! Took some ibuprofen earlier today before I left work, and I went ahead and slapped a pain patch on my back to be on the safe side. I'm actually looking forward to working out and that shocks me. I've spent the last three days looking for the "perfect" pair of work out pants. I found some that are close.. My perfect pair are waiting in a size smaller. lol
  • justjack51
    justjack51 Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    Had chinese today, not super high in calories, but it was SUPER hi in sodium. When I weighed this afternoon, I was up a pound and a half afterwards...............hope its only temporary. I can do spreadsheet stuff when it my turn, just let me know.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Ann, if you haven't did the chart yet, I will do it, but only have Jack's weigh-in. :smile: It really isn't that big of deal. Maybe we could just get it on there late this week. I really like this team and appreciate it, if you want I will get the chart up tonight.

Editted to add: I also have Tammy and Angels.

That works Amanda! I hadn't started on it yet (only had the sheet set up but no numbers entered) and here it is 9:00 already. GEEZ!!! I thought I sent you mine too but if not, it is 164.

Thanks so much and I really don't mind helping you out with it. If you will do it this week, I will do it for the next month and then I think Tammy is willing to give it a try. There is no reason we can't take turns so it isn't all on one person.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    WOW...here it is 9:20 and I have no clue where the time has gone. Work was as I figured a ZOO!!!! Ate at my desk for lunch. After work went to Curves and it felt great to be back at it. Then came home fixed dinner (not real nutritious, but my kids and husband ate it all before I got any, so I made myself a salad.) Things do work out for the best!!!!:blushing:

Then came downstairs to work out on the wii.......my dh came down and watched for a while. He has injured his back and has been having problems. I told him that some of the stretching excercises might help him. After I did my routine, he asked if he could try it. We got him all set up on his own routine that he can do to maybe start getting the back "back into shape"! So.....I didn't get all my aerobics on it done but it was worth it to see him give it a try and be ready to try again tomorrow!:drinker:

I think I am off to grab a drink of water and then to bed! Have a restful night everyone!!!!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    weightchart8.jpg

I have no idea why it is so small, hmmmmmm. This really isn't much work and if it is okay with everybody I would like my job back! :smile: I know I am crazy! :tongue:
  • tamelab
    Options
    Amanda...Thanks for doing the chart.

Ann...Thanks for volunteering to post it for the rest of the month.

I worked 10-1/2 hours, stayed close to my calorie goal and did the 30-Day Shred DVD and 20 minutes on the treadmill. It is 12:11 a.m on Tuesday morning and I am off to bed. I'm pooped. My boys go back to school tomorrow and they are not looking forward to it. I hate it when they go back. The house is so empty. Good night all, sleep well:yawn:
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    Amanda...Thanks for doing the chart.

Ann...Thanks for volunteering to post it for the rest of the month.

I worked 10-1/2 hours, stayed close to my calorie goal and did the 30-Day Shred DVD and 20 minutes on the treadmill. It is 12:11 a.m on Tuesday morning and I am off to bed. I'm pooped. My boys go back to school tomorrow and they are not looking forward to it. I hate it when they go back. The house is so empty. Good night all, sleep well:yawn:

I also hate it when the kids go back to school, don't miss the fighting but miss the kids like crazy!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    weightchart8.jpg

I have no idea why it is so small, hmmmmmm. This really isn't much work and if it is okay with everybody I would like my job back! :smile: I know I am crazy! :tongue:
    You got it girl.......I just don't want you to get burned out. If you need a break just let me know! I will be happy to help you out for a break or whatever!
  • tamelab
    Options
    Happy Tuesday all...Today is gym day and 30-Day Shred plus 8 hours of typing. I had a healthy breakfast and now I'm ready to go. Have a great day!
  • tigermom79
    Options
    Good morning team!!! Our youngest started back to school today as well. The college doesn't start until next Monday so that made the 19 yr old happy!

It is my TOM now. YUCK!!!!! However, I am determined not to use that as an excuse to eat badly. The workouts are still to be determined, but quite honestly, I think since I have started working out, it is actually an easier week for me now. It used to be absolutely horrid....on the couch with the hotpad!:sad:

I have found a smoothie that really gets me through the morning. I have started drinking it every morning! I'm sure I will get tired of it after a while and have to change but for now it is good. It is:

1 container of plain yogurt
    6 oz of "real" fruit juice (your choice just no added sugar)
    1 bit of honey for sweetness
    any fruit (I especially like a banana)

Put it all in the Magic Bullet and mix it up, then drink away! I also have tried it with peaches and it was rather tasty!

Hopefully work will be a little slower today but I doubt it. I have our big annual meeting of the membership this Saturday to get ready for. Still don't have my report ready so I guess I better get it done!

Make it a Happy and Healthy Day!
  • AmandaJ
    Options
    I am having a hard time today getting motivated. Not on the healthy living, diet, exercise deal but my daily life in general. It is the first day that the oldest and youngest are back in school and i am home. Worked yesterday so I have a routine at work that goes nicely. But today, middle kid and I are back to homeschooling and she is rearing to go but when she is doing her own thing I am wondering aimlessly around the house. I have a list a mile long to do and can't seem to get it together. I have to leave in three hours to drive the 40 miles each way to take youngest to PT and I need to accomplish alot before then but I don't see it happening. Somebody shoot me with the motivation stick please.
  • tigermom79
    Options
    I am having a hard time today getting motivated. Not on the healthy living, diet, exercise deal but my daily life in general. It is the first day that the oldest and youngest are back in school and i am home. Worked yesterday so I have a routine at work that goes nicely. But today, middle kid and I are back to homeschooling and she is rearing to go but when she is doing her own thing I am wondering aimlessly around the house. I have a list a mile long to do and can't seem to get it together. I have to leave in three hours to drive the 40 miles each way to take youngest to PT and I need to accomplish alot before then but I don't see it happening. Somebody shoot me with the motivation stick please.

Okay....so I'm not much into the whole shooting thing but let's see.......do you have stairs???? Go run up and down them a couple of times. That might get you going? Step outside just to get some fresh air....sometimes that helps......Sit down and right all of your blessings.....by the time you finish (a couple of hours) it will be time to leave!!!! :happy: If that all fails, I guess I'm not a very good motivator!!!!

hope it gets better for you!
  • AmandaJ
    Options

Okay....so I'm not much into the whole shooting thing but let's see.......do you have stairs???? Go run up and down them a couple of times. That might get you going? Step outside just to get some fresh air....sometimes that helps......Sit down and right all of your blessings.....by the time you finish (a couple of hours) it will be time to leave!!!! :happy: If that all fails, I guess I'm not a very good motivator!!!!

hope it gets better for you!

Thanks Ann! I actually am into the whole shooting thing. I love target shooting at my dad's gun range. Anyway, off topic, meatballs are made, half in the crockpot with spaghetti sauce for dinner, half going into freezer for later, school is getting done, laundry and dishes are done, I am now on a roll!!!