Need Help Working Up to Pullups/Chinups

Options
13»

Replies

• apriltrainer
    apriltrainer Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    http://scoobysworkshop.com/pullups-for-total-beginners/

I did just what the guys said. It works! That is all.

The negatives (walk the plank) worked wonders for me. I went from barely doing a couple chin ups to doing 5 sets of 5 chin ups within a couple months. I've started working on pull ups now and I'm now doing negatives on these till they get easy enough to do for real in sets.

Pro tip. Do you like to work your abs? Wait till you try to do a few sets of negative chin ups. Your abs will be so sore the next day. Just wait and see. This is an awesome workout for your core.

Ditto about the abs! I finally got a 6 pack(ok, I don't have one now but I had one prior to baby) without doing any crunches. AT one time I was working towards 10 pullups. By the time I got to 6 pullups...I had a 6 pack..

WOW.

Never did get to 10...but my abs didn't seem to mind. They responded at 6!

Had the same thing happen when I was doing the 100 pushup program.

By the time I could do 75 pushups (and I was not doing any crunches at that time either...) I had some killer abs.

Working on getting myself back to that level after baby! Weight gone but gotta get that strength and muscular development back! Pushups and pullups are AWESOME! I still haven't done one crunch post baby.... and my abs are getting flatter and flatter. Ok, off to do a couple one arm pushups. ;)
  • Jessicaruby
    Jessicaruby Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    bump
  • mstclair03
    mstclair03 Posts: 151
    Options
    Bump -- this is a goal for me too!
  • carinnaj
    carinnaj Posts: 149
    Options
    bump