!!Everyone!! State Your Goals HERE.

Options

Replies

• snowangel2012
    Options
    I would like to lose 30 pounds by Jan 1st. I need to finish something I started. That is another one of my goals!
  • xoxKeriannxox
    Options
    My first goal is to fit into the two dresses I bought in April, and look good in them.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Sherry, actually that's very interesting. My husband and I go to a marriage counselor--not because there's anything wrong with our marriage but because we're young and we want to do things right from the start...go when there isn't a serious problem to learn how to deal with serious problems with they happen!-- and he says exactly the opposite. When we have a goal we want to accomplish we are supposed to write it down and post it where the whole household can see it. We write them on a mirror. And we recite them to each other every day. Our counselor says that if you do this for 30 days, it will become so engrained in your mind that you won't fail because it becomes your mind's reality. It's very interesting. I actually have had it work for me. For example. I wanted to get to below 150 lbs. So I wrote it on the mirror and told myself every day that this month I would get below 160 lbs. And then even when i was getting stressed and wanted to reach for a sugary snack to calm my stress down, something in my mind would trigger and I would stop and grab water instead. It wasn't a conscious thing. I am well on my way to achieving 150 lbs. This next 30 days, which starts tomorrow, I will be focusing on getting myself to exercise. I will write "exercise 30 minutes per day on the mirror" and then tell my husband every day that it's my goal. By the counselor's method, at the end of 30 days of this recitation I will just start doing it like it's a natural thing to do. In fact, about a week ago I started setting the alarm back an hour to start prepping myself for this and already I'm remembering that there's a reason I need to get up that early...so we'll see if by 30 days I start doing the exercise thing. It's pretty amazing. I love knowing that just by being open about things I can change myself for the better.

I also don't like hiding my goals because I think it creates more accountability. The people in my life will ask me if I'm staying on target. They will encourage me. They will tell me to "get back to it" if I'm failing. They'll be there for me when I need a helping hand to get back on track. I used to keep my goals a secret but I don't anymore.

I agree with this 100%. Get it out there! Let it be known! Let others root you on and keep you accountable! Get it stuck in your head that this is what you want to do! I would never want to hide my goals. I'm too much of an open carefree person.
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    My first goal is to fit into the two dresses I bought in April, and look good in them.

Great goal!!! You got it!!!!
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    LOVE LOVE LOVE reading all of the goals, it makes me smile!! We will all get there! Keep concentrated and motivated!! Remember your WHYS!! Why do you want to reach those goals?! For a long healthy life? To look great for your wedding? For your family?

GO GO GO~~~
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    My goals:

1) eliminate all anxiety related symptoms thru diet and exercise ...this goal is 95% completed.
    2) increase cardiovascular endurance by using the C25k program, elliptical and dancing regularly.
    3) complete C25K and run my first 5k on sept 9 in Seattle iron woman .
    4) practice my swimming and biking skills and compete in Try a Tri triathlon in Kirkland on sept 29 .
    5) continue working with my personal trainer for a minimum of 2x per week for at least 6 months to in crease strength and tone up .
    6) tweak my eating habits add more fresh veggies and eliminate 95 % of wheat and processed foods and sugar from my diet .

Complete and reevaluate new goals ....
  • Cold_Steel
    Cold_Steel Posts: 897 Member
    Options
    190ish then bulk up and get like muscles and abdomen that is not a flabdomen
  • meymeg
    meymeg Posts: 1
    Options
    My goal is to get down to 125 pounds and gain muscle! I'd like to have abs eventually, too. I feel like I'm addicted to the gym :o
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    It's really interesting about goals and whether people should talk about them. There is an excellent TED talk in which the speaker discusses how you should NOT talk about your goals. People who talk about them are actually less likely to achieve them than those who keep their goals to themselves. It has something to do with talking about achieving goals makes people feel like they have already accomplished something and then they are deluded. I'll have to find the link, but it was a very interesting talk.

I love TED talks. If you've never been to the site, check it out. TEDtalks.com

Sherry, actually that's very interesting. My husband and I go to a marriage counselor--not because there's anything wrong with our marriage but because we're young and we want to do things right from the start...go when there isn't a serious problem to learn how to deal with serious problems with they happen!-- and he says exactly the opposite. When we have a goal we want to accomplish we are supposed to write it down and post it where the whole household can see it. We write them on a mirror. And we recite them to each other every day. Our counselor says that if you do this for 30 days, it will become so engrained in your mind that you won't fail because it becomes your mind's reality. It's very interesting. I actually have had it work for me. For example. I wanted to get to below 150 lbs. So I wrote it on the mirror and told myself every day that this month I would get below 160 lbs. And then even when i was getting stressed and wanted to reach for a sugary snack to calm my stress down, something in my mind would trigger and I would stop and grab water instead. It wasn't a conscious thing. I am well on my way to achieving 150 lbs. This next 30 days, which starts tomorrow, I will be focusing on getting myself to exercise. I will write "exercise 30 minutes per day on the mirror" and then tell my husband every day that it's my goal. By the counselor's method, at the end of 30 days of this recitation I will just start doing it like it's a natural thing to do. In fact, about a week ago I started setting the alarm back an hour to start prepping myself for this and already I'm remembering that there's a reason I need to get up that early...so we'll see if by 30 days I start doing the exercise thing. It's pretty amazing. I love knowing that just by being open about things I can change myself for the better.

I also don't like hiding my goals because I think it creates more accountability. The people in my life will ask me if I'm staying on target. They will encourage me. They will tell me to "get back to it" if I'm failing. They'll be there for me when I need a helping hand to get back on track. I used to keep my goals a secret but I don't anymore.

Yes Amy , this is what I also learned thru counseling and have practiced and been successful ! It's the goals I keep to my self and never speak out load that have never become reality !
  • raeraeti
    raeraeti Posts: 108
    Options
    Lose the last 15lbs so I can weigh 120 by November 1st. Then my next goal will be to do a pull-up.
  • CecePaints
    CecePaints Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    A year ago I could hike nine miles at a steep incline. Now I can barely hike a couple of miles, and I have joint problems - I am only 25! Having a stressful job, then being unemployed, and then being stressed out about being able to pay rent during the past year caused me to gain 20 pounds.

Now that I have a job I love, and have my very first apartment I am much happier. I have slowly been tackling one goal at a time. I want to move on to my next goal of being able to do the things I love, to do strenuous hikes climbing mountain peaks. (And be confident wearing a bathing suit as well.)

At 152 lbs and only 5'2, I want to loose 30 pounds in a year. Hopefully 20 by my next birthday!
  • LovelyLathrop
    Options
    Once again, ALL wonderful goals!! Stick with em'

:-) xx
  • kinsellae
    kinsellae Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    To lose the last 3 lbs by the end of august. Maintain one week and bulk starting Sept. 8th through first week of February. My goal is to gain 10 lbs. in that time. Scary since it's taken 6 months to lose 8lbs!
  • Vyshness8699
    Vyshness8699 Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    By dec 31st

1. Reach GW of 123lb
    2. Have Abs and toned butt and thighs
    3.Get into a jean size 4
  • michelleesther
    michelleesther Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    My goals:
    -To be a healthy, lean 135 lbs, at a large-framed 5'8"
    -To eat the most macro and micro nutrients I can squeeze into my calorie limit
    -To move my body every day
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    Goals
    - To lose 30lbs
    - To increase my fitness levels
    - To complete a 10k by December
    - All these are to help me to reach my ultimate goal of Tough mudder 2013....seems a long way off but time is ticking by really quickly!
  • DianeG213
    DianeG213 Posts: 253
    Options
    Lose 12 lbs by October 13th (sons wedding), 10 more by Christmas. Continue running so that I can run a 10K by next summer.

OK since I've said it, it will be so. :tongue:
  • laurenw1992
    Options
    My goals:

1. To get down to 10st 5lbs from 12st
    2. To be able to run 5k by 21st December
    3. To be able to run 5k in 30mins
  • phatnotfat81
    Options
    I'd like to lose 15 lbs!!! And be toned, toned, toned! please feel free to add me, I could use some motivation! Good luck everyone!
  • sefrank
    sefrank Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    Goals:

Run 10k on Nov 22
    Be under 200lbs by Dec 25
    Run half marathon May 26 (in under 2hours 40min)
    Triathalon in July 2013 (sprint or Olympic distance)
    Be at goal weight of 135lbs by my 31st bday (July 26)