No more late night snacking August 2012

Options

Replies

• kabirmasto
    Options
    Me: 2
    LNS: 2

A bad night last night. Pick myself up, dust myself off and start all over again....
  • sarahmiron16
    sarahmiron16 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Im in! Late night snacking is my enemy...i actually just posted about this asking for help lol!!! Im gna give myself a cut off of 8pm for no more food
  • SmileyFaceGuy
    Options
    I'm about to snack... on some carrots. :D
  • mommy2ajs
    mommy2ajs Posts: 1,319 Member
    Options
    Me: 3
    LNS: 1
  • louiseaskew
    Options
    I've only just started on here, but I'm in. This is exactly what I'm trying to change right now. I'm on my own every night after the kids go to bed, so I sit in front of the tv and eat out of boredom - and if the kids have been playing up I eat worse things and more! I'm trying to not eat after 8pm, drink water and herbal tea and replace this eating habit with doing exercise in front of the tv instead :0)
    So glad I found this thread, thanks!

Crashed and burned when I had one night out at a friend's and she produced food. Next I need to work on not eating just because someone else is...

Me - 2
    LNS - 1
  • lacewitch
    lacewitch Posts: 766 Member
    Options
    me 4 LNS 0 :flowerforyou:

I've given up sugar for 2 weeks so late night snacking on something with 0 sugar is not appealing
    wish me luck for the next week of no sugar and then i will have sugar but no white sugar/ HCFS/ added sugar/ or artificial sugar!
    we (I) will see if that is sustainable!

edit:
    ps this is a great thread. thanks for starting it. I an a boredom snacker ( and a stress/ emotion/happy eater :embarassed: )
    so this will really help - having some accountability in the evenings! i did ok this week because everytime i wanted a sweet snack i went on t'internet to look up how to amke a sugar free snack and then got distracted look up recipes that it was bed time! :smile:
  • wayaluna
    wayaluna Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Hi EveryBody!:flowerforyou:

Thank you all for having this thread! I've been really challenged lately by a late dinner time and by a two desert habit. Ugh! My plan is to pre-track my food for the day and follow that plan. IN the past, I have been pretty good at sticking with the plan until after dinner, when I tend to eat, eventhough I'm not hungry. I like the idea of flossing and brushing and keeping water handy. I'm going to try it, starting this evening.

Something I recently heard: The pain of discipline VS the pain of regret. Which one will you choose?

Good luck every one! :happy:
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Great thread Dewdrop!

This seems to be many people's problem!

I started mixing up my evening recently--go outside with the dogs, I went with my fam to hit golf balls, cleaned a closet etc. I know it is a HABIT and I need to stop!

I also bought fat-free popcorn, so if I was under in calories and had the horrible urge, that works.

It is the stupidest thing to me that I eat empty calories for no reason over and over! Have to stop so this is a good forum!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 0
  • alladream
    alladream Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I tend to get so tired due to ill health that I often am in bed reading by like 5pm, so I compromise by sometimes skipping dinner and having somewhat-nutritious snacks in bed instead, which I log as snacks. Imperfect, but better than giant dinner PLUS snacks for me! When life changes, that changes too--
  • misstwistedshine
    Options
    ME 0
    LNS 4
    looks like im losing all good though its getting less n better tonight maybe :)
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    Yesterday I'll consider a cheat day. I snacked and ate late in to the night and was way over on calories. I blame the Olympics. I was awake from 5am to travel in to London to watch the ladies marathon and ate my lunch at 10.30am on the train. We didn't get home till 3am after watching the ladies beach volleyball. I was supposed to be trying to keep my poor husband awake who had to drive, so I chewed on toffees. The second I had an empty mouth I fell asleep again.

So LNS 1
    Me. 6

Snacking in general 1
    Me. 6

What I found helped me from eating less in the evenings mindlessly was banning myself from eating on the sofa. Bags of chocolates to myself aren't so appealing sitting at the table on my own.

Good luck everyone.
    New week. Fresh motivation :bigsmile:
  • dewdrop
    dewdrop Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    Glad to see this month's commitment - acknowledging the problem is the first step and conquering the mountain takes day-by-day focus. Many of us have confessed in the past that when opening the fridge door in the evening, the thought of reporting here the next morning made us quickly close it :laugh:. That's why I encourage daily reporting :wink:.

I think I am ready to join you :smile: - mostly because I want to get to bed earlier on a regular basis :wink:. I'll make 8:30 my cut-off for now (though I am aiming for 8 p.m.).

Keep up the inspiring work, ladies!
  • conniehv40
    conniehv40 Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    I ate a huge salad for dinner, but I knew that wasn't going to help me in the evening.

My husband came home late from traveling and brought a pizza.

I did have a slice and 3 bites of chocolate.

Thing is, now I see what I am eating because I am logging.....

I will definitely be MUCH better tonight!
  • gmukris
    gmukris Posts: 539
    Options
    Me: 4
    LNS: 1*

I went overboard with chocolate last night and then felt completely sick to my stomach. I am pledging right here, right now that for the remainder of August, I am going to cut out sweets, in addition to no LNS. The only sugar I'm going to allow is that which goes into my tea, but I don't drink more than a cup a day and sometimes none! I have to pull myself out of this food rut!
  • twonkieone
    twonkieone Posts: 132
    Options
    Me: 1
    Lns: 0

I'm on a winning streak!!!!!!! I tend to eat at night after the kids (all 5 of them) go to sleep and I finally get a moment of down time!
  • KAR1959
    KAR1959 Posts: 4,264 Member
    Options
    Just discovered this thread. You are speaking to me...late night snacking is a major problem for me. My body craves carbs at night. I'm going to give myself an 8:30 cut-off starting today.

Me:

LNS:
  • JonieB
    JonieB Posts: 67 Member
    Options
    Me = 2
    LNS = 2

I did really well Saturday night but last I made chocolate chip cookies for the hubby and I had 1 1/2 cookies. I do have to admit that is better than I used to do. Before I would have eaten 1/2 the plate with him. Baby steps right.
  • debilang
    debilang Posts: 874 Member
    Options
    Me-4
    LNS-1

:flowerforyou:

I wrote a bundle, then got logged off :laugh: Sooo, suffice to say that with family over for the week-end, did not have time to post, and gave into LNS last night. Before 8pm everyone was snacking already...and I prepared dinner with Lumpia after 8pm because I had thawed it for the occasion. (sigh). I had to sample it...and I was not even hungry...so I know my LNS tendencies are still powerful. Starting again :ohwell: Keep strong and focused for today :drinker:

**misstwistedsh** You *will* get better because you are trying :happy:

**alladream** Hope you get better SOON :smile:

**Kate** Thanks...you have SAGE WISDOM :happy:

**Connie** Great Job

**Gmukris** You are AWESOME with your reporting!

**Twonkieone** Great Job

**KAR** Welcome! You can DO IT :flowerforyou:

**JonieB** Progress is the Point! WTG :happy:

**DewDrop** THANKS for ALL your Support!! You are AWESOME :flowerforyou:
  • katemateg
    katemateg Posts: 334 Member
    Options
    After my big piggie day yesterday at the Olympics today is back to healthiness and no snacking. I did a slow 10 mile run earlier that hopefully un did some of my gluttony of yesterday :tongue:

Tonight I will drink tea...it's just as good as a whole whopper toblerone:love:

LNS and snacking in general. 1
    Me. 5

Best of luck tonight everyone. We can do it:drinker.

P.s I scored wrong earlier as after looking at the date I was thinking we were on the 8th of the month as in the Uk we put the day then the month, not the month then the day, doh:blushing: