If you could compete in any Olympic sport...

Options

Replies

• freew67
    freew67 Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    Shot put and discus. Did it in HS and would have done it in college if I didnt get hurt.

http://freew67.blogspot.com/
  • Newf77
    Newf77 Posts: 802 Member
    Options
    Judo/Taekwondo… I have always enjoyed the Martial Arts and the science of use of leverage and grappling. Swimming and Water Polo come a close second and third because I swam in school and enjoyed the heck out of it.
  • feast4thebeast
    feast4thebeast Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    I was a good all rounder so would have went for Decathlon or Heptathlon. I came back from a pro soccer contract because I was homesick and my old PE teacher told me to get down the track and change sport. I really regret not having done that :( Ah refelctions with an older an wiser head lol
  • Ambition00
    Ambition00 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    T&F 100 m. They're speed is ridiculous!
  • annew1952
    annew1952 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Well gymnastics because i have always loved it. It is strength and grace. If it was winter olympics i would have said ice skating.
    I was very good when I was a kid, I had a private lessons and i was once very graceful. Don't know what happened to that LOL.
    Then I thought I was a smart *kitten* 16 year old and thought I was too cool to take lessons anymore and didnt so that went out the window. If i could do it over I would have stayed with it who knows???
  • slkehl
    slkehl Posts: 3,801 Member
    Options
    Basketball but I would want it with amateurs not professional players like it was now. Although it would be interesting to win the gold from a sport like badminton and see what that does for you.

Proud dad: "We are so proud of our son, he won a gold medal at the 2012."
    Dad's friend: "Oh that's wonderful. I know you are so proud. What does he do? Track & Field, swimming, gymnastics???"
    Dad: "Badminton"
    Dad's friend: "Oh":huh:

I didn't realize until this Olympics that most Americans view badminton as somewhat of a joke.

Where I live is mostly Asian, and that shiz is serious business
  • Prilla04
    Prilla04 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    Speed skating. My thighs are tremendous. :)
  • Spanntastic12
    Options
    Basketball but I would want it with amateurs not professional players like it was now. Although it would be interesting to win the gold from a sport like badminton and see what that does for you.

Proud dad: "We are so proud of our son, he won a gold medal at the 2012."
    Dad's friend: "Oh that's wonderful. I know you are so proud. What does he do? Track & Field, swimming, gymnastics???"
    Dad: "Badminton"
    Dad's friend: "Oh":huh:

I didn't realize until this Olympics that most Americans view badminton as somewhat of a joke.

Where I live is mostly Asian, and that shiz is serious business

It's fun. When I was a kid we had a net in our backyard and we would get out and play. But yeah, most people here don't really consider that an Olympic worthy event. But seriously if you have a gift and can excel at it...go for the gold!!!
  • mhotch
    mhotch Posts: 901 Member
    Options
    SWIMMING!! For a variety of reasons, mainly I loved racing since I was a little girl, and the eye candy makes it all worth it.
  • lisa_swims
    lisa_swims Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    Equestrian, the horses are so beautiful. I would probably need a Valium before getting on a galloping horse though. ;)
  • Nyranee
    Nyranee Posts: 57
    Options
    Equestrian Dressage ... used to train when I was younger and really loved the elegance and power ...
  • DMZ_1
    DMZ_1 Posts: 2,889 Member
    Options
    Basketball. This is because I am a USA resident. Members of USA Basketball are NBA players. NBA players have really amazing guaranteed contracts worth of multimillions of dollars during non Olympic times.
  • Slayer66
    Slayer66 Posts: 265
    Options
    I prefer the winter Olympics .... so I will go Hockey ... why, because I am Canadian and it is in our blood, and it is exciting =)
  • Briantime
    Briantime Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Downhill skiing. The speed, riding on the edge between greatness and disaster...what a thrill that would be!
  • ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Swimming! I swam the 500m free during high school - was varsity my sophomore year. A shoulder injury really hurt my times though and I was nowhere near good enough for elite competition!
  • tennisbabe94
    tennisbabe94 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    Tennis because I love it! Gymnastics because those girls are ripped and super dedicated. They're great role models.
  • Spartan_Maker
    Spartan_Maker Posts: 683 Member
    Options
    Either powerlifting, javelin, or 400 meter sprint. Okay, that's three -- I'm vacillating. Lifting heavy stuff, throwing far, and running long sprints really fast, are all signs of elite athleticism.
  • woodsygirl
    woodsygirl Posts: 354 Member
    Options
    100 meter or one of the sprinting races

I have always loved short sprints, i'm really fast I just don't have endurance for long hauls.
  • RaeN81
    RaeN81 Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Triathlon. Mostly because I just started participating in them and they are a huge challenge physically. If I could do it without the gruelling hours of training, all the better. lol.
  • mmychal
    mmychal Posts: 69
    Options
    Mens' Gymnastics. It requires agility, strength and endurance and I would kill to be ale to hold an iron cross.