what kind of dog do you have?

Options

Replies

• Feeb11
    Feeb11 Posts: 7
    Options
    West Highland Terrier called Archie, love of my life ;)
  • dottywosh
    dottywosh Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Dalmatian called Chester!
  • lbcbeachbum77
    lbcbeachbum77 Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Zuchon aka Shichon- Mix between Shih Tzu and Bichon Frise. She is the best dog I have ever had!
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    I have a sweet, adorable Staffordshire Bull Terrier named Sabre:

Sabeyy.jpg
  • 2essie
    2essie Posts: 2,866 Member
    Options
    A teddy bear that is really a bull mastiff. She is such a softy and bosses me about. I also have a rescue dog that was in kennels for two years. No one wan
    ted him because he is bow legged, has odd ears and a purple tongue. He is not the prettiest dog but we love them both
  • wilted_daisies
    Options

Sabeyy.jpg

haha, my two old dogs, Bonnie & Buster (passed away at 12 1/2 and 14 1/2 respectively) were Staffies... they are beautiful dogs.. and slightly crazy haha
  • FeatherBoBeather
    FeatherBoBeather Posts: 255 Member
    Options

Sabeyy.jpg

haha, my two old dogs, Bonnie & Buster (passed away at 12 1/2 and 14 1/2 respectively) were Staffies... they are beautiful dogs.. and slightly crazy haha

Aww yeah, my family has been through three generations of them now. (My mom is a breeder and shows.. so I've had easy access to the puppies.) Sabre definitely has her quirks.. (trancing/ghost walking, catering to our three crazy cats, eating the eyes off of all of her stuffed animals... LOL)
  • Mac247
    Mac247 Posts: 57
    Options
    Pepper is a Border Collie/Blue Healer mix...coming up on 4 years old. She's a great addition to the fam, brings lots of energy and intelligence!

Mac

pepper.jpg

pepper_n_I.jpg
  • Briski1411
    Briski1411 Posts: 296 Member
    Options
    a yellow short haired mut
    and a miniature Schnauzer

Both great dogs for my kids to grow up with!!
  • Ramoth48
    Ramoth48 Posts: 93 Member
    Options
    what kind of dog do you have or want? big?, small, hyper, calm, breeds etc...
    I own a happy ,bouncy ,floppy eared ,rambunctious ,and active 5 month old boxer pup:) his name is Rambo, and we love him!!! so glad we decided to get a dog finally!
    Boxer's are mad but soo much fun!!!
  • cherrybomb_77
    cherrybomb_77 Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    We have a pug and a black lab (both adopted) and we love them!
  • donnabayliss76
    donnabayliss76 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    i have a shar pei cross
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Jenn09870 your dog is ridiculously cute.
    First time posting pictures so might take me a couple of times! :laugh:
    I have an Alfie:

089.jpg

I responded to an advert for a 12 week old Yorkie. When I go there he obviously wasn't- you can't tell from the picture but he's taller than a pug, but much longer like a dauchshand. And he was barely a puppy. But the home obviously wasn't the best and I didn't want to leave him there, so my mum forked over the £70 and we left. They swore his purebreed Yorkie credentials all the way out of the door...
    We've had him about 2 years and have had a lot of agression issues, which we (finally!) seem to be sucessfully training out.

ETA: Edited about 7 times and finally got there with the picture!

Thank you, Hank hardly looks as old as he is, we've had him since my daughter was 3 and she's 15 now. I would have gotten him anyways regardless of what breed he was, I kind of wish the guy I bought him from told me what he was mixed with rather than have to have the vet guess. I wouldn't trade him for anything- he looks big in the pictures, took those today. He is only about 60lbs, but he does make people cross the street, he is intimidating when he's paying attention.

Sometimes it seems like dogs rescued from conditions like that turn out to be the best dogs. I've seen a wide range of yorkies here, your dog looks like he might have some yorkie, I can't see the picture really well but i'm sure you vet has agreed with you assessment. I don't blame you about getting him, even though I know they recommend against it I would have done the same. Alfie does look like quite a character from what I can see.

My dad has a pit that someone dumped IN HIS FENCED YARD. She was probably only about 6 months old, less than half the weight she should have been, had horrible skin problems, parasite infestations, and it was winter. Winters here usually wouldn't be bad, we are rarely below freezing, but that poor dog was so malnourished. My dad set up a shelter for her, worried about bringing an unfamiliar dog in the house. Then next day she was at the vet, from then on she's been sleeping in his bed. He got her healthy, fed regularly and now that dog is velcro'ed to him. She is a real sweetie, shes a little on the fatter side now, but healthy. It was terrible the condition someone let her get in, but I like to think maybe they put her in his yard because they knew he would take care of her. She really changed my opinions of pits. All I knew of them was what I had seen in the media, but to see one that was obviously treated so poorly turn into such an affectionate dog is really amazing.
  • josiereside
    josiereside Posts: 720 Member
    Options
    I have a big, goofy, adorable chocolate lab, almost 6 years old... about 10 times the size he was in his pic here!
  • mszebra
    mszebra Posts: 94
    Options
    Taken a few years ago. Mutt. Part lab, part brittany- rest unknown!

walker3-1.jpg
  • Mustangsally1000
    Mustangsally1000 Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    2 poms!
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    We just got an Aussie Cattle Dog a couple weeks ago. We call her Yarra :smile:

Love Love Love our doggy. She is a shelter rescue and is so good with the kiddos. She loves to run with me, which gives me more incentive to run :laugh:
  • debzv
    debzv Posts: 23
    Options
    A 13 week old husky/german shepard/surprise from animal welfare! Sooooooooo cute, such a nice temperament. We love her to bits.
  • KristenCook2
    KristenCook2 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    We have a Pomeranian whom we rescued almost a year ago. His name is Cooper & he is the sweetest 11-pound ball of fluff you'd ever want to meet! We love him so much!
  • EzraCCM
    EzraCCM Posts: 47
    Options
    SO many cutie puppies on this thread.... I had to share my two rescues :)

I have a hound-mix named Kody (5.5 years old) She's the thoughtful, mild-mannered sweetheart everyone wants for a first dog:

kody.jpg

And our newest addition, Riley. She's 7 months now, but the picture is from when we first adopted her at 12 weeks. She's the hyper-active lab mix that eats everything she can get her little mouth on!

DSC01512.jpg

They are both such good girls! Love them both to death!

EDIT: fixing the pictures!