Where are my fellow boozers at?! :D

Options

Replies

• supplemama
    supplemama Posts: 1,956 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of white wine with dinner 4-5 days a week. It hasn't inhibited my weight loss any.
  • bongbunny
    bongbunny Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    I drank (moderately) during my weight loss phase, and now during maintenance (I'm having a drink right now!). The key (IMO) is to keep it within your caloric range and don't feel badly for the indulgence. The occasional drink won't sabotage to your diet. Measuring the amount of alcohol (which you're doing), as well as logging it, should keep you in check.
  • Irish_eyes75
    Options
    Cheers!

I love love love hard cider! Boy do I love it. I gave it up because it's loaded in sugar and my habit was I would crack one open when I got home from work, then I'd have another one with supper. Not a good habit. So I don't buy it anymore.

For me, at this point, giving something up completely is easier than having it in moderation.

So...I went and bought a bottle of red wine...LOL...(I didn't say I gave up alcohol totally) :drinker:

I think I'll add club soda or maybe Siera Mist to it to make it sparkling.
    I also think I'll limit it to the weekends, since I'm already off the habit of having a drink after work (I'm learning to actually deal with what's stressing me out - imagine that?)
  • tropaze
    tropaze Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    When I drink (it's a pretty rare occasion) I don't log any of it, or the food I eat after. It doesn't impact my weight loss a whole lot, but like I said it doesn't have very often either.
  • DebbieMc3
    DebbieMc3 Posts: 289 Member
    Options
    I am currently enjoying a small glass (alright, not THAT small) ove my new favorite white. Yellow Tail tree free chardonay.
    I keep it down to 2 glasses per day and I work it into my daily allotment. Life is for living! Enjoy!

Debbie
  • CoffeeJunkieMann
    CoffeeJunkieMann Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I enjoy Whiskey and the occasional glass of Merlot. One in awhile I'll have a Blue Moon Belgian White.
  • shanice_22
    shanice_22 Posts: 202 Member
    Options
    I'm one of those drinkers who doesn't drink very often but when I do I go hard haha :laugh: which is probably worse tbh! Though this weekend I have had a few drinks at home, and with my new job it's looking like this may become a regular thing with having weekends off lol!

I've got a night out in two weeks though and will be drinking A LOT. I'm guessing probably around 2000-3000 cals because it'll be mostly cocktails. I know it's better to just have spirits and diet mixers, but I loooove my cocktails!

:drinker:

I try not to drink in the week though.
  • LemonBurns
    LemonBurns Posts: 538 Member
    Options
    I am hungover today... does that count?
  • wedge421
    wedge421 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    I review beers as a hobby for my webstie so its tough to give it up completely. But I am trying to keep it just to Saturday in moderation
  • juicygurl1
    juicygurl1 Posts: 195 Member
    Options
    well, I too love wine just look at my profile picture that's not Kool-aid. I am learning the right way to drop pounds is leave the booze alone. I have been trying to make the numbers decrease for over a year and well to be very honest nothing went well until I left the cork on the bottle. This included my birthday which passed a month ago if you really want to lose weight then leave the wine in the cooler or on the shelf :-)
  • AmandaInGA
    AmandaInGA Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    Oooooh Moscato!! You are a friend of mine!!

Have you tried the Roscato they have at Olive Garden, same as Moscato, but it is with red wine
  • Alishamarie48879
    Alishamarie48879 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Haha, I knew there were people like me out there in MFP land! Love it!

I love Pinot Grigio, but I really want to try and find a red wine I love too, as that is better.

In my 20's I was all about the light beer...Miller/Bud...I can't do it now..ick! If I drink beer, I prefer Leinenkugal (no idea if I spelled that right) Sunset Wheat, or Blue Moon. I don't drink beer that often.

Vodka is yummy too! I tend to pair it w/Crystal Light when I do drink it.

When I do drink, it usually does fit in my calories. And I exercise 6-7 days a week.
  • Alishamarie48879
    Options
    I am hungover today... does that count?

YEP! :D
  • loneworg
    loneworg Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    Vodka and beer drinker here
  • barbie_g1rl
    Options
    im not giving up the drink lol i wanna lose weight but ill never let it affect my social life i jus work extra hard in gym next day :D xx
  • Alishamarie48879
    Options
    I am currently enjoying a small glass (alright, not THAT small) ove my new favorite white. Yellow Tail tree free chardonay.
    I keep it down to 2 glasses per day and I work it into my daily allotment. Life is for living! Enjoy!

Debbie

Agreed! I have my favorite wine glass that is huge. It was a total buzz kill when I actually started measuring out my wine...LOL
  • subcult
    subcult Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I drank more than I should have last week so I went completely dry this week. It's possible that's why I lost twice what I should have this week. I wont know for sure withoutba few more binge weeks followed by a dry week. Wish me lunch with my research!
  • zCarsAndCaloriesz
    Options
    My love for Vodka is strong, but I've managed to cut back A LOT since I started losing weight...
    well, more since I got super super SUPER sick at my friends place and had to bus back in 40 degree weather.
    :p
  • RuthSweetTooth
    RuthSweetTooth Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    I have a glass of wine every night. This is progress for me because I have spent three years working at a vineyard, and put on alot of weight with the fringe benefits.
  • Pauline3290
    Options
    I know, I know...alcohol is bad, you should eliminate it to lose weight, blah blah. But I loves my wine! And occasional beer and spirits too. Just wondering if there are others who love alcohol and how you incorporate it into your weight loss goals. Friend me!

I am trying to keep drinking to the weekend. We'll see. I love a glass or two of wine at the end of the day...or more! So, I have been losing, but I'm sure it wouldn't hurt to keep the drinking for the weekends. Oh, and I don't drink every day but at least 2 times during the week at times. I have started measuring out my servings too.

Cheers!

I am definitely a fellow boozer!! I just make sure that it fits into my cal allowance. If I know I'm gonna dink a lot at the weekend I make sure I hit the gym first, lol.