Replies

• Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sitting here reading this with my wine glass in hand lol
  • yerfgirl
    yerfgirl Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    Mmmm beer. I drink beer and wine but have cut back to once or twice a week to see if it will help with the weight loss.
  • BEMND
    BEMND Posts: 33
    Options
    I just track the calories... I'm willing to work out extra for a few glasses of wine (& some chocolate).
  • datikihut21
    datikihut21 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    Sitting here reading this with my wine glass in hand lol

This. But it's a beer. :-)
  • jasonpclement
    jasonpclement Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    I'm not trying to defend or vouch for it...but I drink a handful of nights a week. Wine and whiskey usually...some beer on the weekend.
  • katapple
    katapple Posts: 1,108 Member
    Options
    I've lost 80lbs by NOT eliminated the things I love, like wine AND beer :) Cheers!
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    Still drinking my Vodka, i need after a hard week at work.

Feel free to friend me.
  • WendyTerry420
    WendyTerry420 Posts: 13,274 Member
    Options
    I gave up my beer, and I don't miss it. There are better, no-calorie ways to relax. :wink: :smokin:
  • TheVimFuego
    TheVimFuego Posts: 2,412 Member
    Options
    DeadVim dutifully checking in to a booze thread ;)

Shiraz for me thanks, plentiful and regular.
  • Sabine_Stroehm
    Sabine_Stroehm Posts: 19,263 Member
    Options
    Alcohol is not just about the calories, alcohol has major impact on how food is processed by the stomach, intestinal tract and liver. Sure count the calories, but that is not the cost.

I drink but much less than I used to and only on Saturday. I eat very little on a Saturday and not when I drink.
    Do you have a peer reviewed reference to support these claims? I'd sure like to read one.
  • MelisRunning
    MelisRunning Posts: 819 Member
    Options
    A beer a night~keeps me sane! Just log it. Plan for it.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    I will gladly give up chocolate, prime rib, fried, ice cream, cake, desserts in general...

stay away from my alcohol!

Then again, with my stash I can make;
    key lime shots, chocolate covered pretzels, apple pie shots, washington apple shots... chocolate cake shots,
    dirty girl scouts, chocolate covered cherry shots... the desserty list is endless, but I rarely do more than 5 shots on a Sunday.
    I have cut out shots for Aug. except the 2 I had yesterday on my road trip with my bff.
  • atsteele
    atsteele Posts: 1,359 Member
    Options
    I'm not a big beer drinker at all, but i do like my occasional glass (or two) of dry red wine.

Same here. Only now I'm on a moscato kick... and that doesn't qualify as dry. :)

I've heard about Moscato, but it's not my thing. The drier the better!

I get on a kick and stay on it for a while then switch gears. My last kick was Shiraz. Before that Merlots. Before that Chardonnays. Etc. hehe
  • ncbecker13
    Options
    Woo! Right here! Hate to say it but put some vodka in me and I am a wild child! Ha!
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Alcohol is not just about the calories, alcohol has major impact on how food is processed by the stomach, intestinal tract and liver. Sure count the calories, but that is not the cost.

I drink but much less than I used to and only on Saturday. I eat very little on a Saturday and not when I drink.
    Do you have a peer reviewed reference to support these claims? I'd sure like to read one.

Well, science has of course ignored alcohol and the effects on the

gastrointestinal tract
    central nervous system
    endocirine system
    brain
    circulatory system

and little or no evidence is available on the internet to support "these claims" , nor peer reviewed studies. It is almost impossible for people who drink alcohol to notice any difference in their body and mood, not even that headache, liquid stools, nausea, extreme mood swings which can lead to assaulting people nor any of the other things that happen to your body when consuming alcohol - but you need science to explain this?

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-and-you/health/are-there-any-health-benefits-to-alcohol
  • Italiano7
    Italiano7 Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    i HAVE TO HAVE MY GLASS OF WINE! I JUST INCORPORATE IN MY DIET. ILL TAKE IT OVER A SNACK ANYDAY:)
  • gromithere
    gromithere Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    Lost almost 55 pounds and did NOT give up alcohol. I always tried to fit it in to my plan, but my biggest struggle was not letting the occasional night out alcohol calories to stop me from getting back to it the next day. If you need proof, my diary is public....and today was a BAD hangover eating day. Lol. (in addition to the rum calories last night)
  • stuffinmuffin
    stuffinmuffin Posts: 985 Member
    Options
    Life is faaaar too short to quit booze! ; )

I just factor mine into my diary before drinking - work my toosh off with exercise if I'm going for a meal AND drinks and also bank some exercise cals from during the week for parties etc.

Alcohol didn't do my weight loss any harm - but overall it has made me cut back a lot on what I used to drink since learning the calories!!!

Vodka/bacardi and malibu are some of the best with only about 50cals per 25ml. Beer tends to be a treat and wine gets me too drunk so I tend to avoid anyway! :drinker:
  • Smuterella
    Smuterella Posts: 1,623 Member
    Options
    Hmmm. Grumble. I fit it into my calories but i'm still not losing. Going to try taking a month off (after my birthday) and see if it makes any difference at all.
  • manderson27
    manderson27 Posts: 3,510 Member
    Options
    <Waves from gutter> Wass up??