Replies

• ItzPSGina62
    ItzPSGina62 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    yes
  • Molly_Maguire
    Molly_Maguire Posts: 1,103 Member
    Options
    It is on you, you make the choices for yourself. Why do you need a cheerleader?

Thank you for proving the OP's point....Some ppl are just mean and unsupportive for no reason...maybe it makes them feel better about themselves, who knows?

You are free to add me, I will be there for you!
  • needamulligan
    needamulligan Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    People are getting meaner. I saw someone use the word "hangry". I think that explains everything! Don't let the "meaners" (meaner than the rest of us) get you down!
  • mandydanyele
    Options
    Don't really understand people being like that on here. This is a site to not only log your food and exercise but a HUGE role is to find amazing supportive friends. So that comment is just stupid.
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    People are just plain oversensitive.....I mean really......Nobody on here is going to motivate you if you can't motivate yourself. My friends keep me coming back but because I enjoy the banter/conversations with them and some are inspirational. End Rant.
  • mandydanyele
    Options

Wow..I feel bad for you.
  • beekuzz
    beekuzz Posts: 428 Member
    Options
    Please add me. I am also in need of friends. Passing negative around is not what I'm here for. Finding supportive friends can mean all the difference for a lot of us. :flowerforyou:
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I love motivating ppl so feel free to add me.
  • reneelee
    reneelee Posts: 877 Member
    Options

Thank you for proving the OP's point....Some ppl are just mean and unsupportive for no reason...maybe it makes them feel better about themselves, who knows?

You are free to add me, I will be there for you!

I'm not mean at all, just seriuos about doing it for yourself. It is all on the person trying to lose weight. I'm a very suppotive person and a good friend.
  • ExplorinLauren
    ExplorinLauren Posts: 991 Member
    Options
    Don't even get me started on the ridiculously rude people on this site!
    There are some good people here... don't get me wrong! But... its sad to say, you come to a fitness site, expecting support, and almost have to fight for it like its your last meal. lol... no joke!
  • Dree3
    Dree3 Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Nothing wrong with wanting some friends to go through this. Personally, I find I enjoy MFP way more with the friends I've made here so far. It keeps me inspired and accountable.

If some people prefer doing this without friends or support, I guess that's their prerogative, but they shouldn't be mean about it to those who do reach out. :\

You can friend me if you like!
  • dr_tina
    dr_tina Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    I have an awesome group of friend and would not be able to keep going as hard as I have been without them. Everyone likes external validation regardless of what they say. It's human nature. I have also found that the more you give, the more you recieve, as taking the time to post on others and show your true support and encouragement is super important. If people don't interact with you on here, delete them. You'll find a ton of people who will.
  • avrilamor
    Options

Wow..I feel bad for you.

That was the bi**hyness I was speaking off. I just enjoy chatting and motivating others (and vice versa)...like Facebook or Twitter, only with a purpose! Lol
  • reneelee
    Options

Wow..I feel bad for you.

Don't I'm happy I did this on my own with a lot of research and learned what worked for me!
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    inspiration is different from motivation. motivation comes from within.

WEll SAID !!!
  • basillowe66
    basillowe66 Posts: 432 Member
    Options
    The world has nice people and bad people and this site is no exception. I always try to help, but the motivation has to come from inside each of us. But getting a little prod now and then is helpfull.

Add me to your firend list and I will help anytime I can!!

Basil
  • reneelee
    Options

Wow..I feel bad for you.

That was the bi**hyness I was speaking off. I just enjoy chatting and motivating others (and vice versa)...like Facebook or Twitter, only with a purpose! Lol

Sorry you think I'm a b*tch .
  • avrilamor
    Options
    Thanks for all the feedback folks... :)
    Even the negative ppl serve their purpose! A quick reminder of how NOT to be...
    I've made some great new Pals already :)
  • mandydanyele
    Options

Wow..I feel bad for you.

Well feel free to add me! I will add anyone and be supportive :) no judgement!
  • Woodmangler
    Woodmangler Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    I have been around various forums for a long time... woodworking mostly.. and weight watchers. The only thing I have learned is that a holes are everywhere... they hide behind their computers and try to buff themselves up because they have other problems...

Your job (my job too) is to tune them out... don't respond... don't even acknowledge they exist. They live to get reactions and responses from you. Don't give it to them. Ignore them, and just feel sorry for them and move on.

It is not easy, but it has worked for me for a long time. I don't respond.

Expect good responses and A Hole responses... you are gonna get both. Take the good, ignore the pathetic, and march on!