weight gain death of only child

Options

Replies

• amivox
    amivox Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    My heart broke when I read this. I can't imagine how difficult things have been for you, but I think its wonderful that you are honoring him with things that are keeping you healthy and happy. He would want you to pursue happiness. I wish you all the best. <3
  • Nicolee_2014
    Nicolee_2014 Posts: 1,572 Member
    Options
    :flowerforyou:
  • TurtleRunnerNC
    TurtleRunnerNC Posts: 768 Member
    Options
    I am terribly sorry for your loss. Words cannot bring him back nor ease your pain but I think it is wonderful that you are taking steps in the right direction & I think he would be proud of you.

There are lots of wonderful people on this site who can support you in your journey.
  • kolohe91
    kolohe91 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    Thank you everyone for your kind words. I am so very glad I found this website today. Now I am off to go ride my bike. I live in Georgia and it is very hot here so waited for it to get a little bit later. It is almost 7pm so need to get my gear on before it gets any later. I do have reflective gear, headlight, and tail lights but dont like to ride too much past dusk.

hugs
  • ant6840
    ant6840 Posts: 1
    Options
    My heart goes out to you and I know your pain. I lost my son , not my only child, and he was 44 years old, but the pain is the same.
    You are doing the right thing, you need to get out of bed and get going as hard as it is. I hope you have a good support system. I had lots of counseling, it helps.

I am trying to get into getting fit and am having trouble knowing where to start, i decided to start slowly. Just joined with my PTs encouragement so will give it a try, hoping i can get some motivation here.

Good Luck to you......Take care, Hugs to you...
  • wreckedredhead60
    wreckedredhead60 Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I work for a school district and have seen the loss of so many young people when their lives are just beginning. I can not begin to understand what you are going through, but would love to be there for support. My sister lost a 21 year old son, 16 year old grand daughter and a 3 month old granddaughter in a span of 4 years. I have told her what a strong woman she is and how proud I am of her and that I would probably just give up. She said you find out exactly how strong you are and it looks like you are finding your strength. If you ever need a friend, I'm here. Please add me as a friend.
  • kolohe91
    Options
    Reread everyone's posts - thank you all for your kind, supportive, uplifting words - they are very much appreciated - yesterday I didnt feel like going to the gym and recalled your posts and it reminded me that I do have the inner strength so even though I just felt like I wanted to continue laying in bed and shut the world out - I went to the gym and once I started swimming felt strong and decided to go for speed and see how fast I could swim a half mile - I had been doing a few sprints of 1 lenth during my 60 lengths (1 mile) workouts but yesteday decided to go for a half mile with almost all 30 lengths faster than my normal 50 - 60 seconds lengths - I did the 30 lengths in 26 min 20 sec then did another 30 min with doing one length at my very fastest then resting 45 - 60 sec and then doing another length
  • davidsgirl145
    davidsgirl145 Posts: 162 Member
    Options
    I can't imagine! It hurts my heart to even think about it! I'm so proud of you for taking the steps to take care of yourself again.... Christopher would want that for you! :flowerforyou: Hugs!!!!!
  • stacymama5
    stacymama5 Posts: 391 Member
    Options
    First, I am so sorry for your loss!!

I know that your son would be so very proud of you and you need to be so very proud of yourself!!
  • KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON
    KIMBAILEYWILLIAMSON Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    can't even imagine the pain you have and are going through, the loss of a child is the greatest of pains for a parent. I am so very sorry for your loss.
  • therealangd
    therealangd Posts: 1,861 Member
    Options
    I'm so sorry for your loss. Children should never predecease their parents. My heart breaks for you.
    June 21 would have been my son's 21st birthday so I rode my bike 21 miles which took me 1 hr 50 minutes.

I think this is such an awesome tribute. In so many ways.

Good luck to you.
  • lindaschultz45
    lindaschultz45 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hope you will stay with it. I know it must be hard at times to get up and face the day but like others have said, your child would not want you to lose faith. I only have one child and I know I would think it was the end if I lost her but pray if that was something that happened, my faith and my friends and family would help me pull through it.

Feel free to add me as I would like to continue to pray for you and encourage you in anyway possible. You made a great decision when you choose to get up out of that bed! Keep going! Hopefully somewhere down the road God will reveil His plan for your life. I don't believe God allows trails in our lives without a purpose behind them.

(((Big ole hug!))) Linda
  • SusieGirlRN
    SusieGirlRN Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    You are an encouragement to all. So sorry for the loss of your son. I identify with the loss of a child & weight gain, although my daughter was only 16 mos & would now be 14 y/o. Still, at the time, I had gained 60 lbs. Keep up the great work & you have inspired me to do my Turbofire DVD now! Feel free to add me as a friend if you like, I am new to MFP.
  • kolohe91
    Options
    Just reread all of your posts - thank you all for taking the time to write - hugs

25219824.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • sc_rlz
    sc_rlz Posts: 5
    Options
    I am very sorry for your loss - let him push you to keep up the amazing work that you're doing x
  • nxd10
    nxd10 Posts: 4,570 Member
    Options
    Good luck. I can't imagine what you've gone through. Keep putting one foot in front of the other.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    My heart breaks for you.
    Sending love. I can't imagine it is ever something you get over, and my worst nightmare. xxx
  • missyjg99
    missyjg99 Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    You are doing amazing. I'm so very sorry to hear about your son. Hang on to the memories as best you can. Take time to mourn and heal. I can't imagine the pain you must be feeling. Seems like getting out of bed is a better coping mechanism for you. I hope you find comfort in the coming days, months and years. Life is so unfair sometimes.
  • kolohe91
    Options
    receive a wedding invitation from one of my son's friends - I am happy for them but it is so hard to see them go on with their lives doing all the things he will never get to do
  • Tothepanicroom
    Tothepanicroom Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I lost my baby boy and will use your story to inspire me to take care of myself. His birthday is coming up on October 12 and the anticipation is always hard. Thanks for sharing.