Where are my fellow boozers at?! :D

Options
1235»

Replies

• kelly1142
    kelly1142 Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    Here!

Oh man and the summer is hard. I have been out most nights of the week!

What I've been trying to do is work out a bit more and stick to bottled light beers that are easier to track, like miller lite or Michelob ultra. Since I actually love GOOD beer, this can be tricky, so once in a while I will allow myself a splurge. I'm also trying to work on drinking them more slowly, with a glass of water in between.
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    What's up my fellow booze hounds? :drinker:

I love my red wine. I also love a cold beer. I lost 30 pounds and have maintained that loss for almost 6 months now without giving up alcohol. I just try and account for it in my calories as best I can. Could I have lost weight faster without alcohol? Probably. However, having a glass or few here and there is part of my lifestyle and I didn't see myself giving it up, so I learned to incorporate it in a manner that fit into my goals.
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options
    <Waves from gutter> Wass up??

yah..your rent is due. what's up with that? Squandering it away on choice alcohol? hahaha.

A friend of mine loves the quote "better to cry with the sinners than laugh with the saints"
  • MessyLittlePanda
    MessyLittlePanda Posts: 213 Member
    Options

I love love love hard cider! Boy do I love it. I gave it up because it's loaded in sugar and my habit was I would crack one open when I got home from work, then I'd have another one with supper. Not a good habit. So I don't buy it anymore.

I love hard cider too and had that exact same habit! Sometimes I'd be drinking 3-4 of them a night, when I was a postgrad student and didn't have to get up for work in the mornings:noway:

I will sometimes have the odd one, but I know how many calories are in that stuff now and I have to think "is it worth it!!
  • Erisad
    Erisad Posts: 1,580
    Options
    I limit my alcohol intake to social events. It's much easier for me. Although my bf keeps bringing me new bottles of yummy booze but I can't have it as much as I probably would like. Went to a wedding last weekend, probably had more than I should but it's a celebration! I love my mixed drinks and wine. :)
  • magj0y
    magj0y Posts: 1,911 Member
    Options

Well, science has of course ignored alcohol and the effects on the

gastrointestinal tract
    central nervous system
    endocirine system
    brain
    circulatory system

and little or no evidence is available on the internet to support "these claims" , nor peer reviewed studies. It is almost impossible for people who drink alcohol to notice any difference in their body and mood, not even that headache, liquid stools, nausea, extreme mood swings which can lead to assaulting people nor any of the other things that happen to your body when consuming alcohol - but you need science to explain this?

http://www.drinkaware.co.uk/alcohol-and-you/health/are-there-any-health-benefits-to-alcohol

I don't think most people here talking about drinking to the point of of assaulting people and other things. liquid stool? really... ? If you drink so much you get to the point, you need to slow yourself down! Most articles with peer reviews are better at explaining the process of how things work.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    "I don't think most people here talking about drinking to the point of of assaulting people and other things. liquid stool? really... ? If you drink so much you get to the point, you need to slow yourself down! Most articles with peer reviews are better at explaining the process of how things work. "

EH?

there are thousands of peer reviewed studies, many thousands. I was being sarcastic.

The only point I trying to make is that ALCOHOL cannot be seen as a calorie to be counted, it is much more than a calorie. Don't want to stop people drinking, I want most drugs legalised.

I just think that in the context of diet and nutrition then alcohol is not a calorie product any more so than ingesting magic mushrooms and counting the calories in those.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    Oh, and BTW when science reaches an absolute concensus they don't really bother constantly doing further research and releasing more studies.

Alcohol and the body are absolute.
  • Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sitting here reading this with my wine glass in hand lol

This. But it's a beer. :-)
  • Luluke7767
    Luluke7767 Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Sitting here reading this with my wine glass in hand lol

This. But it's a beer. :-)

Cheers!!!
  • amy1612
    amy1612 Posts: 1,356 Member
    Options
    I try to keep my drinking to Fridays and Saturdays only. I cant handle very much slcohol nowadays anyway, had two and a half pints of perry a couple of weeks ago and was VERY sick. Oops. I avoid beer (though I love it) as if its not gluten free I get pretty rough, but love wine, cider, rum :)