Not losing weight - open diary - help?

I do not understand why I am not losing weight, I started at 147 1when I joined this site now I am down to 148 and have been stuck there for a while!
Can I have any tips?
^^ I understand that was mostly water weight!
I am 5'7

Replies

• bump
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    It says you joined in July. You have lost 4 pounds. That is roughly 1 pound per week if you were good about calories the whole time. This sounds like normal to me.

If you are trying to burn quicker, adjust your calorie goal accordingly.

Why are you trying to lose? To look fit and slimmer or just drop the number on the scale? If it is to look fit, what are you doing as far as excersise?
  • Tilran
    Tilran Posts: 626 Member
    Ok so I just dug a little bit more. You have only been tracking since July 28th. You lost 4 pounds in a week and you are complaining about not losing weight??? Now I am really confused. If people here could get 4 pounds a week they would be dancing for joy.
  • Your right I guess I just panicked
    Does my diet look okay?
    And I am doing a indoor bike as cardio
  • I joined this site as 147 and now I am 148-149 that is what i am worried about
  • mariposa224
    mariposa224 Posts: 1,269 Member
    Water weight?

We didn't put the weight on overnight, can't really expect it to fall off overnight. It's a process and sometimes the process is slow-moving, unfortunately. Just keep at it, keep your calories where they should be and continue exercising. If you do that, the weight will eventually go. Sorry I've got nothing better for you...

ETA: Just looked at your diary. You've got to eat better than supplements, kebabs and meatballs. Yes, it appears you're staying within your calories, but it doesn't seem that you're fueling your body in a very effective manner at all...
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    Are you serious? All you've been eating is donner kebabs, maryland cookies, meatball paninis and two cheeseburgers a day.
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    My advice...relax.
    set your calorie goals to an appropriate level based on your weight. Maybe adjust the percentage of protein up just a bit....I have mine set to 30% of total calories. I never get that much, but its a goal.
    Eat to that calorie level, and then let exercise burn off the rest.
    If you want to lose 1 lbs/ week, you would then shoot for about 500 kCals/day in exercise.
    Also, do a little weight lifting each week. Cardio is great for burning calories while you exercise. Adding some muscle will let you burn calories even when you aren't exercising.
  • sbroadus
    sbroadus Posts: 41 Member
    Are you serious? All you've been eating is donner kebabs, maryland cookies, meatball paninis and two cheeseburgers a day.

^^^^^THIS!!!!
    You don't have any fruits or vegetables or real food to speak of!
  • l0seme
    l0seme Posts: 6
    If you're doing a lot of exercise, you may be building muscle mass. Muscle is more dense than fat, so you may have lost, say, 4lbs of fat, and gained 5lbs of muscle. It's a possibility.
    If this is the case, then try not to go by the number on the scale! Take waist measurements, and track your progress by that, or something similar.
    Good luck!

Edit: Like other people have been saying, where are your healthy foods? You can't live efficiently on donner kebabs and paninis and supplements. You need your 5-a-day! Eat fresh foods, not processed junk. It doesn't really matter that you're within your calorie limit if you're getting your calories from such unhealthy foods.
  • melitsace
    melitsace Posts: 42 Member
    Your nutrition is not great. It seems you are eating a lot of processed and pre packaged food. These things carry alot of sodium. You need to spread your calories out a little more and not skip meals or snacks. Your metabolism isn't going to be very fast if your body thinks it is starving.
  • mandyw30
    mandyw30 Posts: 73 Member

Haha! Just took a look at the diary and was thinking the same thing! Was just thinking how can I word my reply and was also wondering whether or not this was a serious post!!

If this is serious -
    OP - you are eating a lot of processed crap! And it doesn't look like you are eating regularly with meals skipped.
    Try to eat cleaner. Try to make foods from scratch. Meals should contain good quality protein and complex carbs. For example it wouldn't be hard to cook a chicken breast and some veggies!
  • RunnerFive
    RunnerFive Posts: 67 Member
    Make some effort to LOG your calories PROPERLY rather than quick add calories. While yes it's better than nothing, add the food to the database so you have the calories, fat, sugar, etc to go along with it.

EAT MORE VEGGIES!!! Also, eat less packaged "crap". It's toxic!
  • momtokgo
    momtokgo Posts: 446 Member

^^^^^THIS!!!!
    You don't have any fruits or vegetables or real food to speak of!

You might want to look into some fruits and vegetables like the poster above said. Your diet is terrible! Meatballs and cheeseburgers are not all your body needs.
  • deadbeatsummer
    deadbeatsummer Posts: 537 Member
    I also thoroughly doubt a doner kebab is only 300 odd calories.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-1129309/Just-doner-kebab-contains-entire-days-calorie-allowance.html

I know its the DM but some kebabs are 2000 calories , but on average they are around 1000.
  • WarriorReady
    WarriorReady Posts: 571 Member
    Just taking a quick look at your diary. It would really help if you were eating more fruits and veggies (especially veggies) and lean proteins. All those protein shakes are overkill especially without any strength training. Also what about eating less more frequently throughout the day? Some of your choices have been loaded with sodium and fat. Maybe for a snack grab a handful of nuts and a piece of fruit. Lunch maybe a grilled chicken breast and some veggies & brown rice. Good luck! Don't freak out just tweak your diet a bit. :happy:
  • kaotik26
    kaotik26 Posts: 590 Member
    I would try watching the protein, fats and sugars. Your over the fats and I expect sugars too everyday last week anyway. You need to feed your body fruits veggies and grains too. I figure that's why your body isn't responding like it should. And unless you are lifting weights like a crazy person you probably don't need the protein shake after eating the meat that you eat all the time already.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    you need to look at the nutritional value of what you are eating, i looked through a few days of your diary and sorry to be harsh but it was all processed junk!!!!!

wheres the fruit and veg and proper food!?
  • beccarockslife
    beccarockslife Posts: 816 Member
    If you're doing a lot of exercise, you may be building muscle mass. Muscle is more dense than fat, so you may have lost, say, 4lbs of fat, and gained 5lbs of muscle. It's a possibility.

No it's not. There is no possibility that this is the problem.
  • If I look at your diary, I don't see any vegetables or fruits.. Only a lot of meatballs and other ready-made foods. To be very honest, it doesnt look like a healthy diary to me.

Also a lot of quick added calories. How are you sure that the calories are accurate? If you can, take the time to fill in your specific food in the database, or take the time to look up somethig that's close. Otherwise you're just guessing..

But honey, do yourself a favour and change your diet a bit! This isnt looking healthy to me!

Good luck!