Women who are around 5,5 What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• spectralmoon
    spectralmoon Posts: 1,230 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5" (and yes, that half inch counts!), 141 lbs, and I'm aiming for 120-125. I have a small frame so the lower weight works better for my body type.
  • mistigoodwin
    mistigoodwin Posts: 411 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5.5 (lol the half inch counts), my goal is 135-140. I'll see what happens after that. Me at 140 is size 5 jeans and I just feel comfortable. I think it depends a lot on not just height, but your body shape, bone size and all that too.
  • leserpent
    leserpent Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    around 95 to 98lbs :)
  • dhiammarath
    dhiammarath Posts: 834 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and I have no idea what my goal weight is. Instead, I'm aiming for a body fat % (I bought a scale that breaks down my weight and tells me these numbers). Since I'm trying to build up lean muscle, my overall "end" weight might be heavier, but I don't wanna lose the muscle I've built up!

So I agree with everyone else -- just see when you get there! It's like going on a road trip where you don't know the destination. Stop town by town and enjoy moving forward until one day, you wake up, take a look at yourself, nod your head and go, "Why here's just fine!"

At least that's how I'm thinking of it. Anything to psyche myself into thinking this whole journey of a life revolution is *fun*!
  • cblevitron
    cblevitron Posts: 243
    Options
    i don't think that's too skinny. a friend of mine is about your height, weighs 117 and looks fantastic.
  • shirin8
    shirin8 Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Hi Kayla,

I am 5' 4.5" and my goal is 125-130 lbs. I started at 192 lbs (9 months pregnant with my 3rd child 10 months ago) and am now 139. Just do what looks/feels right for your body. 130 lbs sounds like a good goal. Good luck! Feel free to add me
  • luluzombie
    Options
    Nice to meet someone with the same goal as me :)
    LuLu
  • ClearNotCloudyMind
    ClearNotCloudyMind Posts: 238 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight translates as 138lb. However that is my unrealistic goal weight which I've only briefly been at in my adult life. My realistic goal which I know I can do translates as 150lb. I'm broad-shouldered and rather athletic tho so I know my body fat is below 25% at that weight. Perhaps it's silly but I do like my BMI to be in the healthy range.
  • utahgirl247
    utahgirl247 Posts: 370 Member
    Options
    i am 5'5" and my doctor says that anywhere between 145 & 160 is probably the best. but i feel you need to factor in the 'feel good' portion of where you want to be too. i think you will know when you get there.
  • candb
    candb Posts: 238
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 125. In 2007 I had gotten down to 135 and thought for my frame that I could easily lose another 10. So depending on your frame size you may or may not look too skinny. I'd say start for say 140 or so and then go from there once you get there.
  • AwesomeMoJo
    AwesomeMoJo Posts: 1,145 Member
    Options
    We all are built a little differently in the frame...for me it is 145lbs. That is where I was happiest and felt my best. Do what is best for you...don't worry about the rest
  • mommiemandi
    mommiemandi Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    It really depends on your body type (frame) and how much muscle you have. It also depends on how skinny you want to be. I have weighed 130 and I looked good! I am 5'4". Now that I am older I think 140 would be best for me
  • Miss_Krissy87
    Miss_Krissy87 Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6 and my goal weight is 145.. I am at 153 right now and hope to reach my actual goal really soon
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5" and i have always been "chubby". The lowest i can recall is 145. When i got married i was about 150 and looked great in my honeymoon pics although i remember still feeling a bit overweight.

I set a relatively small goal to reach 150 (17 lbs) to begin with. I am only 1 lb away from that but since the the weight is still coming off and its not like i am starving myself i plan to reset my goal to 140 lbs

I feel so much better now, and more importantly I feel healthy and strong, so the weight loss is added bonus from now on ;)

My advice, set small manageable goals, once you achieve them reassess
  • ldobson710
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my optimistic goal is 120-122, but I've been hovering around the 126 mark and might end up staying here. Body shape plays into it too I'm sure, my frame is on the smaller side of average but very pear-shaped (i.e., I have the chest of a 12 year old boy so I'm carrying no extra weight in the boob department, lol).
  • BandForAlyAnne
    BandForAlyAnne Posts: 321 Member
    Options
    my goal weight is 150. i think anything under 130 is too thin for 5.5.
  • sevsmom
    sevsmom Posts: 1,172 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" @ 40 years old. My goal was 135 and I hover right around there. I'm actually trying to drop another 5 before my half marathon in 7 weeks. But, I'm pretty happy with 135. I started at 168.

Shoot for the mid to low 130's. . .but make sure that weight includes good muscle tone!!! You don't want a happy scale and a droopy booty!!! LOL

:-) Good Luck!!
  • tammys_changing
    Options
    It's funny, because the charts say that 130 is good, but I've found IRL that 140-145 is a good range. I'm trying to get to 140 and I'm 5'4". However, I won't complain if I can get to 130 or even 125! Sorry, I'm no help! LOL

My Answer Exactly! I'm 5'4 and also a mom to a Ryan. LoL... Goodluck :smile:
  • pegrama
    pegrama Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Anything from 120lbs to 150lbs is healthy. But everyone who says stop at what you feel comfortable with is right.
  • nrperry529
    Options
    I am 5'5" also. I have my goal weight set to 135, but i am pretty happy with where i am now. (around 140) lke the others said, it just will depend on how you carry your weight and you will probably be able to tell where you are most comfortable when you get around 145 or so. Best of luck on your journey!! :)