Women who are around 5,5 What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• kristle312
    Options
    I'm 5'6"ish on good days... my starting weight was 242.. I'm 200 now... I'm shooting for 175 for now then when I hit that I'll re-evaluate my goals...

I feel the same way! I started at 233 and I have a little more ways to go than you, but when I looked back I was happy at 170ish. I felt skinny and confident only because I was always chunky. Im hoping to be down around there by Christmas. :)
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    145. I would rather be 10lbs over than 10lbs under for health reasons - osteoporosis, sickness etc is proven more common in underweight women who think they are at a perfect size. Especially as we get older, we need higher levels of cholesterol, calcium etc and that might mean an extra 10lbs :)
    I want to be healthy, not skinny!
    Heather
  • orishp
    orishp Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    I'm around 5'5" and I'm looking to get to 120lb (72kg) but I suppose it depends on how I feel when I get closer to the target, I still want curves!

Your math is wrong, 120 lbs=54 kgs ;)
  • chaoticupheaval
    chaoticupheaval Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    Nope, I am 5ft 5 and 130 is my goal too. My first weigh in is tomorrow. I work at a hospital and I try to do the stairs during the day, I just went up to the 6th floor. My sports knee injury does not enjoy the stairs..lol Its definately not too skinny!
  • jennieth
    jennieth Posts: 105
    Options
    I started at 231 and my original goal was 160. I thought that was such a reach for me. I am now 3 pounds away from that so will be setting a new one. I do think 130 would be to much. I am leaning towards 145 but will see when I get there.
  • clintbritt3
    Options
    I'm also 5'5 and at 186lbs. I've set a mini goal, as to not get discouraged and stop, at 160lb. But then I have an ultimate goal of 130 as well, and I think that's a nice healthy weight for us. I'm even tempted to stop at 160 and then just focus of toning and strength training. Weight doesn't matter as much as strength and measurements.... At 186 now, I am smaller (pants and shirts size) than I was 6 years ago when I was 186, it's because I have muscle now.... I'd rather weigh 160 and be a size 9/10 and have killer definition, then weigh 130 a size 7/8 and be weak and skinny.....
  • misschiplash
    Options
    I'm 5ft 5 and I feel that 140 is as low as im comfortable as I lose any signs of my curves under that! X
  • oh_em_gee
    oh_em_gee Posts: 887 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my dream weight is 135. I have a larger frame though
  • mphlab
    mphlab Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Hi -
    It also depends on your age. I would like to be 135 but I don't know if that is reasonable & maintainable - at 44 I will be happy to be back in the healthy BMI range at 149 or under at 5'5". I was up to 237 at my highest - now I am 203.
  • MarthaAnn8186
    MarthaAnn8186 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Ask your doctor what a healthy weight is for your age and height. I think the younger you are the less it is. I want to get to 145 , I am 5'6" and 55 years old. I think that is a little lite for my age, but that is what he say's. I will see when I get to 155.
  • simplynaturalfarm
    simplynaturalfarm Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    I should have said that it depends on your body shape, how you carry it etc. I look at old pictures where I was 125 and think<" Gosh I was thin!" My Uncle called me fat. . I went to 117 and looked horrible and he said I finally looked good.
    Moved to a farm and did outside work constantly and I went from 135 to 145 and I looked good! I think I put on 10lbs of muscle working there. :)
    That is the reason I would be happy at 145 - especially after 4 children (youngest is 1) ;) I stopped looking at scales when I moved to the farm and before I got married I hopped on one and thought, "how did I gain 10lbs and still fit into my clothes?!" LOL Muscle from hand grinding chicken feed, milking cows, moving fences etc! And I looked healthy!
    SO, when I feel good I"ll be done.
  • Midnight1210
    Midnight1210 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'6" and right now my target is 130 lbs. I started this journey at 219 lbs. and down to 203 lbs. so I have a long road ahead.

When I reach my goal of 130 lbs., I'm going to re-evaluate my physical condition and see if it warrants a little more weight loss.

Really, all I truly want is back into my size 10 jeans that are taunting me from my closet, but a healthy weight, BMI and high energy level are also important to me.

I know I'll never be "skinny" since I inherited my father's bone structure and not my mother's, but somewhere along this journey I'll find both my inner and outer happiness. :bigsmile:
  • happi10
    happi10 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi my name is Sam and 5ft 5, i started MFP at 154ponds and have reached my goal weight of 112! I am now just maintaining :) x
  • Takarameri
    Takarameri Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4"/5'5" and aiming for 125 though depending on how I look and feel when i get close it could be anywhere in the 125-135 range.
  • lazymochabear
    Options
    145 is my goal, but your "ideal weight" is based a lot on your bone structure too. I have a friend that is the same height as me, but she is much more delicate than I am, so she carries the weight differently. I have 145 as a general goal, but if I hit 150 and am happy with what I look like, or keep working out and hit 130 and am happy with that (or hit a "final plateau"), then I'm going to just workout for general fitness and not for weight loss.
  • LiliamG
    LiliamG Posts: 34
    Options
    I´m 5´4 ...my goal is 125 pounds...
  • alweiski
    Options
    I'm am 5'5 and have been at 133 before at my skinniest. At my highest I've been 206. I was never able to maintain 133 but was able to maintain 143. I hold my weight well, which can be a blessing and a curse. I was size 6 at 143. It totally depends on your body and your level of fitness, not what the scale says.
  • Joneses17
    Joneses17 Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I think everyone is different so I can't say. Body fat and body shape makes a big difference. I'm 5'5 and have always had a shape which I love and visible muscle. My goal is 145 although I liked myself when I was between 160-150.
  • Mamasutra
    Options
    I'm 5' 4.75" and my goal is 150. I still have 9 pounds to go but, I wear a bikini and get whisted at by men & glared at by women. My belly is *almost* flat but, I want to keep my curves, not end up w/ no chest or backside. You should get your BMI and Fat percentage checked. Muscle weighs a lot more than fat. Everyone is SO different that weight is just a number and it's all about your health and self-esteem. I take body measurements much more seriously than weight. If I can fit into the same clothes as my 19-year-old daughter who is active and in great shape, I'm not going to worry about how much I weigh. Just use your common sense.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I am 5'4 and currently 140 lbs. My goal weight is 132 as I am trying lose in my thighs and breasts.
    I have pretty much always been a D cup and I want to get to a 34C. Easier to run when
    they are smaller.