Women who are around 5,5 What is your goal?

Options

Replies

• jus2honest
    Options
    I am just over 5'4...I looked sickly at 166 (to those that had been used to a fluffier version of me my entire life), but my goal weight is around 150-155 due to my muscular build. Lose weight and let your goal form as you go. You may think you are too skinny at 130 or you may think you could shed some more. Just keep at it and get to where you like the way you look. But according to some online resources it says shoot for 135-140lbs
  • HealthyBodySickMind
    HealthyBodySickMind Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    As many people have said, your eventual goal weight, the weight where you look and feel best, will depend on 1, your age; 2, your bone structure; and 3, where you carry your extra fat. To get an idea of your relative frame size, measure at your wrist. "Healthy" for 5'5" (bmi of 18.5-24.9) is 111 to 149, so where you fall in that range at your best will depend on the three factors above.

As a very small framed individual at 5" 4.75", I found my most natural weight to be between 108 and 111. I have never carried around much extra fat, but when I did it went straight to my belly, so if I want to avoid unhealthy visceral fat this is my optimal range.
  • JenMull44
    JenMull44 Posts: 226 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 5" @ 40 years old. My goal was 135 and I hover right around there. I'm actually trying to drop another 5 before my half marathon in 7 weeks. But, I'm pretty happy with 135. I started at 168.

Shoot for the mid to low 130's. . .but make sure that weight includes good muscle tone!!! You don't want a happy scale and a droopy booty!!! LOL

:-) Good Luck!!

I agree ! I started at 164 and My goal is the lower 130's. I am also a runner.
  • Cheeta_HH
    Cheeta_HH Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I think it depends on the person and their body type and of course how YOU feel. Im about 5'4 / 5'5 and Im aiming for 130 pounds. However, im fine with that # being higher if its more muscle and toned. at one point I got down to 128ish and I was starting to feel too thin and wanted my curves back. so for me, I feel most comfortable between 130-135pounds.

I feel the same. I'm 5'5 and my goal is 135. That is a happy medium for me- I've weighed less, but I was not the least bit fit or healthy. I would not mind weighing a little more than that as long as I am toned. Any, yes, I want to still have curves!
  • Kationia02703
    Options
    I'm 5'4 and I my aim is 120-130.

In high school I was at about 150-155 and I felt and looked heavy. But if I get down to 145-150 and I am toned I would be happy
  • happi10
    happi10 Posts: 2
    Options
    hi i'm 5ft 5 and have just hit my goal weight of 112lbs originally started at 154lbs, i wouldn't class myself as skinny now but this is definitely still the lowest i would go as i am just in the 'Healthy' BMI range. I'd say it depends on whether your exercising whilst dieting as well (i haven't been) as muscle weighs more so really as others have said just lose enough so you feel comfortable within yourself!! Good Luck :) x
  • jencooks
    jencooks Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    135 is my goal. I am 145 now, but extremely out of shape, so I think I look bigger. I'm also apple shaped, so 145 on me gives me a 34 inch waist.
  • BobbieJeanDietQueen
    Options
    I'm 5'5" and my goal is 145 by April but I would love to get down to 135 by my next birthday in July, 2013.
  • KMissyD
    KMissyD Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'4" my goal is 155. I think that will be best for me. I have more a a large pear shape frame.
  • Rachiebee7
    Rachiebee7 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Im 5'3 and my goal is 9 stone x
  • Pink722
    Pink722 Posts: 14 Member
    Options
    I am 5'5 and 1/2. My goal is 145. I have weighed 143 in the past and people though that I was really thin. I felt comfortable though.
  • louiseaskew
    Options
    Hi,
    Absolutely agree with everyone here that it depends on how you feel. If you feel healthy and can fit into the clothes you love with no obvious problem areas that bother you then you've probably hit your ideal weight. Use this alongside a mix of tools such as BMI, hip-to-waist ratio as a general health guide and try not to get too fixed on a number.
    I'm 5'7" and am 133lbs at the moment. My target is around 119 and although that may be too thin for some people at my height, I have a very slim build and am an apple shape so I carry any excess weight around my stomach and waist. It's not just that it looks horrible hanging over the top of my jeans, but that trousers that fit my hips won't even do up round my waist! It's not healthy (I worry about visceral fat) and, as at 133lbs my waist is still 30.5", I know that I need to weigh a bit less than someone of my height with a bigger frame who may have bigger hips but a smaller waist. In my time I have weighed a lot more than 133lbs and a lot less than 119lbs, so I am also basing that estimate on previous experience. Who knows, when I get closer to it I may find that the jelly belly has gone and I can stop before 119, but I'll just see how I feel. :o)
  • Jamcnair
    Jamcnair Posts: 586 Member
    Options
    It truly depends on body shape and how you hold your weight and where you are comfortable.
    I am about 5'4 1/2 and I was most comfortable about 125-130
  • rebeccakarcher
    Options
    I think it depends on your age and your shape and your lifestyle...I think when you get closer to the number your mom is suggesting, you will have a sense of either "yes, this feels right" or "no; I really think I want to keep going for a bit." Good luck!!!
  • Lyra89
    Lyra89 Posts: 674 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'5!

My starting weight four years ago was 180lbs.

I'm currently 133lbs, and my goal weight is around 118/120lbs. I've been going from 130 to 135 all year long, and 130 is definitely not too skinny, especially if you're 'apple' shaped like me and store your weight in the middle. Abdominal fat is the dangerous fat...the one that implies more visceral fat, therefore increased risk of certain diseases. When I was 120 at 17/18 years old, I was slim, so that is my goal weight!
  • vinsonh42
    vinsonh42 Posts: 125
    Options
    I'm 5'5 and my goal weight is between 150 and 170 ish. I have a very dense bone structure and have been told by doctors that I should not be under 150lbs. It all depends on your build and what you feel comfortable at.
  • mingecrackers
    Options
    I'm 167cm (So just shy of 5'6) and my goal weight is around the 110-115lbs mark. I used to fluctuate between 118 to 121lbs (before going on mirtazapine and gaining a buttload of weight -.-) but even then, I was still self conscious of my figure.
  • GeekGirl23
    GeekGirl23 Posts: 517 Member
    Options
    I was at 334, I'm now at 318, my goal is 150-160 toned
  • PK0993
    PK0993 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    I'm 5ft 4 and am aiming for around 115.
  • TropicalFlowerz
    TropicalFlowerz Posts: 1,990 Member
    Options
    HI, I'M AMEE & 5'3 ,THE MFP SAYS I SHOULD B NOMORE THAN 141,HOWEVER I FEEL GREAT AT 150. I TOO AM 191 ,..AND MY GOAL IS 145-150,...HECK I'D LIKE 160 AT THIS POINT!HA,...BUT REALLY DONT GO BY WHAT ANYONE TELLS U...INCLUDIONG ME,....IT ALL DEPENDS ON WHAT FEELS GOOD ON U!,..SOME R HAPPY W/ THER BODY AT 130,SOME AT 150....ITS HOW U AS AN INDIVIDUAL CARRYS IT,..AND WHAT FEELS HEALTHY TO YOU!,KEEP UP THE GOOD WRK! YUR GONNA DO GREAT!!.LATER