Replies

• plafleur76
    plafleur76 Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the storage tips
  • mgalsf12
    mgalsf12 Posts: 350 Member
    Options
    Leave the pit in the portion that you are not eating. It may still turn a little brown from oxidation, but you can just scrape off the brown part and it will be nice and green inside.
  • Treesy72
    Treesy72 Posts: 230
    Options
    LOVE avocados! Tonight I'm making spaghetti squash with avocado 'sauce' (pureed avocado, olive oil, basil and a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper) and turkey meatballs.

Yumm that sounds great!
  • caraiselite
    caraiselite Posts: 2,631 Member
    Options
    mashed with strawberries, almond milk and truvia
  • Jellyphant
    Jellyphant Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I cube up a slice or two and add it to my occasional eggwhite omelet. Also, I add slices to my sandwiches. I HAVE to have my avocado. Oh, and also avocado bubble tea smoothies <3
  • Thirstygirl
    Thirstygirl Posts: 122 Member
    Options
    I usually make guacamole with avocados, and then use that in tacos, in salads, in jacket potatoes, as dressing, on bread...
    I just mash them, add some chopped garlic, onions and chili, salt and pepper, squeeze a lime or lemon over and done :)

Avocados are great!! Sure, they're quite high on fat, but the good kind. Very, very healthy and tastes good :D

what is a jacket potato?
  • rippedcutupabs
    Options
    I spread it on bread, tastes soooooooooooooo good!
  • graelwyn
    graelwyn Posts: 1,340 Member
    Options
    I had guacamole with my omelette the last few evenings. I suddenly got a taste for it, and usually not one to add sauces of any kind or dressings to things, I felt the need to add something for some extra taste. It is really nice. I also just chop up avocado and have it with smoked salmon sometimes.
  • Thirstygirl
    Options
    what is a jacket potato? I am not sure how to post on what someone else has written...
    ps... im an avocado freak!!! OMG MMMMM
  • chm2616
    chm2616 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    http://www.cookingalamel.com/2012/04/avocado-chocolate-mousse.html

It's very rich, but YUMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!! :bigsmile:
  • rainunrefined
    rainunrefined Posts: 850 Member
    Options
    Avocados are up there as one of my favorite foods. How do you eat your avocado?

I like half of an avocado (~2.5-3 oz.) sprinkled with salt with the middle filled with hummus.

Instead of hummus I just squeeze some lemon on it with the salt. PERFECTION!
  • JMPerlin
    JMPerlin Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    A wedge of Avocado, 2 slices of bread, 2 slices of tomato, and a big sprig of Kale. This is a great sandwich
  • Thirstygirl
    Options
    love

I like half of an avocado (~2.5-3 oz.) sprinkled with salt with the middle filled with hummus.
  • codapea
    codapea Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Avocado tossed with balsamic vinegar and garden tomato. Sometimes a sprinkle of fresh basil. It's the best!
  • kayemme
    kayemme Posts: 1,782 Member
    Options
    For those that eat a part of an avocado, what do you do with the remainder so it doesn't brown?

fill a fitting container with enough lemon juice to cover the open part of the avocado, then put the avocado face down in the lemon juice, cover & refrigerate
  • kayemme
    Options
    what is a jacket potato? I am not sure how to post on what someone else has written...
    ps... im an avocado freak!!! OMG MMMMM

a jacket potato is a baked potato with the skin on (its jacket!)
  • clobercow
    clobercow Posts: 337 Member
    Options

I use Alton Brown's recipe and I use pork rinds as my chips. NOM NOM NOM
  • Thirstygirl
    Options
    do you actually have a more detailed recipe for your avocado sauce sounds deeeelish
    LOVE avocados! Tonight I'm making spaghetti squash with avocado 'sauce' (pureed avocado, olive oil, basil and a squeeze of lime, salt and pepper) and turkey meatballs.
  • kayemme
    Options
    i dice avocado and put it on my salads
  • mommanurse33
    mommanurse33 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    yummmm