POSSIBLE TO LOSE 10 IN 2 WEEKS?

Options

Replies

• FeliciaW1908
    FeliciaW1908 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with the other posters here. Weight is just one indicator. You have to look more at how do your clothes fit. I stressed for a little because I had gained what I thought was 8 pounds but my clothes still fit. I bought a scale that also calculates muscle and I was gaining muscle not fat so weight gain isn't all bad. Stick to what you are doing and look online for suggestions of swimsuits that will be flattering for your body type.

Also, do toning exercises and cardio. I run and do yoga. Toning up is visible and will make you feel good in your swimsuit. I wore shorts for the first time in years and felt great.
  • JessLov67
    Options
    Possible yes but unhealthy and you likely won't be losing fat, just water.
    The acceptable amount to lose is 2 pounds per week max.
  • Redtango76
    Redtango76 Posts: 144
    Options
    My recommendation is counseling ... You seem to have a very unhealthy perspective when it comes to diet and exercise . I saw several people advise you to try Adkins ...but they obviously did not take a look at your food diary to see that your pretty much eating nothing and when you do it's only a slim fast optima a day ...sometimes two . So how the heck would you be able to do Adkins when you aren't even eating?
  • sgarrard01
    sgarrard01 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    No... not safely!, yes you could go on atkins or starvation and loose some water, fat and muscle (fat being the least), but you'll put it on the second you come off and feel like **** the whole time your on it! Plus it will make bugger all difference to your body!
  • polishmehappy
    polishmehappy Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Yes it is possible... if you adopt a diet of barely enough calories to help you get out of bed. Or if you fast on liquids only for 2 weeks... but that would be so bad for you :(
    You will be better off loosing lbs slowly and exercising whenever you can. You will see inches go away before the scale moves.

A lot of us women are self conscious about wearing a bathing suit. You are not alone. Enjoy the park and try not to focus on your bathing suit so much. People won't be staring at you as much as you might think :)
  • RiannonC
    RiannonC Posts: 145 Member
    Options
    I lost 10 lbs in two weeks during one of my pregnancies due to being terribly sick so yes it is possible. However, I feel like if you lose that much weight that fast you will be so low on energy you won't be able to even enjoy the water park. Six months down the road, no one is going to really remember what you looked like in your swimsuit, but you might still remember the fun you had at the water park. Focus on eating healthy to feel good and let the rest take care of itself in whatever time frame it requires.
  • xarge
    xarge Posts: 484 Member
    Options
    Those who say it's possible with atkins or whatever are not close to their goal weights. It seems like you don't have much to lose. There is no way you can lose that much in healthy manner in such a short time.
  • Jaccyber
    Jaccyber Posts: 620 Member
    Options
    I would just go and have fun. Going to a waterpark and doing all the activities is an awesome and fun way to burn those calories.
  • Adsnwfld
    Adsnwfld Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    You can but it would be real hard. I've lost 52 lbs in about 3 months. I've dropped from a 18 neck to 16 1/2 neck. I've gone from XXL to L shirts, from a 40 pant to a 36. So my loss was a good 1/2 lb per day (with a few bumps in the road)
    So yes it can be done but again it will be with a lot of hard work.
  • workkoutchick96
    Options
    ive lost 10 lbs in one week before!
  • montgomerydl14
    Options
    Miracle provided: 17 day diet ... cycle 1 is 17 days. avg weightloss on it is 10-12lbs. You must be very strict and follow it exactly, but it works so well. It focuses on low carb intake and ramping up protein and probiotics along with lots of vegetables and water to help flush toxins out of your system. The program is great I followed it last summer and lost over 20lbs!
  • sedatsedat
    Options
    I`m guessing you mean 10 pounds, which is about 5 kg. Its definitely possible, but you`d have to really torture yourself those two weeks(and of course you will lose water etcetc) I highly doubt you will start losing muscle though, it takes more than 2 weeks to lose muscle(unless you have a very low body fat percentage).
  • DontStopB_Leakin
    DontStopB_Leakin Posts: 3,863 Member
    Options
    I'm honestly surprised no one recommended that the OP chop off her head. That's a guaranteed ten pounds, right there.
  • LoraF83
    LoraF83 Posts: 15,694 Member
    Options
    My mother in law made the announcemnt for a waterpark trip in about 2 weeks. I'm at 15?? is it possible to lose 10 in that amount of time or am I aiming too high. I've been uncomfortable with the idea since it was brought up. hell i dont even have a suit to wear to get wet, im so self concious. :( advice as far as dieting and stuff? I might do two a days, running in the morning, insanity after work. yogurt, wheat bread turkey, salmon, smaller portions, slimfast shakes or special k cereal if I have my small window for breakfast? I'm not asking for a miracle I just wanna be under 150 at least so I can find a decent bathing suit. HELP!!

Lose 10 lbs of what?

Still want to look flabby and overweight but be 10 lbs lighter on the scale? And no one could tell the difference so you'll have to tell them you weigh 10 lbs less?

2 days before you go, jog or bike outside in the afternoon heat at 75% of HRmax for 2 hrs, and don't drink enough fluids, and eat low carb for 24 hrs before, during, and after.

You can easily lose 10 lbs of water, glucose stores with attached water, and muscle burnoff.

That's 10 lbs of weight gone!

I just lost 6lbs this last Saturday, another 5lbs on Sun, doing this exact thing. And that was drinking 48 ozs of water during the ride actually. So you can drink some. Of course, I didn't do low carb, and because I plan on exercising again, I ate higher carb.

But if all you need is weight gone without looking different, go for it.

Haha! Dehydration will do wonders on the scale.

But seriously - he's right. You can lose 10lbs. You probably won't look different and no one will be able to tell. But you might feel better.

More seriously - have you ever been to a waterpark? No one cares. There will be tons of people in all different shapes and sizes and everyone just wants to have fun. Why worry about it so much?
  • jtakingcareofherself
    jtakingcareofherself Posts: 144 Member
    Options
    You can do. The only way is to put your body into ketosis for the two weeks. The programs that have this basis are Atkins Induction, first phase of South Beach, or Ideal Protein. All three of these programs are designed by MDs, so there is a medical basis behind the methods.

But the loss won't be all adipose tissue (ie fat); some loss will be water loss due to reduction of glycogen in your body. But if you are looking for about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, that's about the only way where you won't get cranky due to extreme calorie reduction.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    My mother in law made the announcemnt for a waterpark trip in about 2 weeks. I'm at 15?? is it possible to lose 10 in that amount of time or am I aiming too high. I've been uncomfortable with the idea since it was brought up. hell i dont even have a suit to wear to get wet, im so self concious. :( advice as far as dieting and stuff? I might do two a days, running in the morning, insanity after work. yogurt, wheat bread turkey, salmon, smaller portions, slimfast shakes or special k cereal if I have my small window for breakfast? I'm not asking for a miracle I just wanna be under 150 at least so I can find a decent bathing suit. HELP!!

Work on some strength training if you're not already to tone up your body if you're concern about appearance and ignore the scale during this time. Gaining some muscle will help firm up your body which will make you look less flabby/fat whatever your trouble areas are.
  • DrMAvDPhD
    DrMAvDPhD Posts: 2,097 Member
    Options
    me, bathing suit, 155. I don't see what your problem with putting a bathing suit on in the 150s is.

248559_588940496831_5613007_n.jpg
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    Why is the number such a fixture here? You're looking for inches, not pounds, I'm sure.

Just buy a swimsuit that is flattering for your current body and give yourself a break.

^^ This.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Bad idea! Losing 10 lbs will do nothing to boost your self-esteem; that's an internal thing. My recommendations:
    1) Continue on the path of small sustainable changes to your food and exercise habits for long-term success.
    2) Find a bathing suit that flatters your current size and ROCK IT! I've seen heavier gals work a swimsuit, and it's all about confidence and not about size.
  • beckajw
    beckajw Posts: 1,738 Member
    Options
    You can do. The only way is to put your body into ketosis for the two weeks. The programs that have this basis are Atkins Induction, first phase of South Beach, or Ideal Protein. All three of these programs are designed by MDs, so there is a medical basis behind the methods.

But the loss won't be all adipose tissue (ie fat); some loss will be water loss due to reduction of glycogen in your body. But if you are looking for about 10 lbs in 2 weeks, that's about the only way where you won't get cranky due to extreme calorie reduction.

Even with this there is no guarantee of 10 pounds. I never lost 10 pounds in 2 weeks, even in ketosis. And, even if you do lose the 10 pounds, you probably won't look the way you think you will. Plus, once you eat that amusement park food, you'll put back on a lot of the weight quickly.

Start liking yourself. You can find a bathing suit or a suit and a cover up that will look flattering and make you feel comfortable. Focus on the long term, not the short term--no matter how tempting--keep working out your muscles for the next two weeks and go with a little more muscle tone and a little less fat.