How to drop a little belly fat so abs show?

Options
Hey I'm fairly certain that I have a fairly strong six pack of abs the only problem is that it is behind some belly fat. I'm pretty lean everywhere else, so it's just this one spot on me that weight goes to that I'm having trouble targeting.

If someone could help me out with a few dieting/exercise tips to help target belly fat I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Replies

• halleymw
    halleymw Posts: 246 Member
    Options
    That is the problem with belly fat, it is what shows instead of the six pack underneath. There is no way to target that fat, the only thing to do is to lose it. Look on youtube or at Scoobys website about six packs. Scooby says to have a six pack you have to be at 7% fat or below.
    From his web site:
    1.To have abs, you need to get down to 7% to 12 % bodyfat. Calculate how many pounds fat 7% would be. For example if you weigh 100 pounds, you can only have 7 pounds of fat (100lbs X .07) if you want 6-pack abs.
    ■The precise bodyfat level you need to obtain to see 6-pack abs will vary between 7% and 12% depending on the size of your abs and where your body stores its bodyfat. I’d rather tell people 7% and have them pleasantly surprised when the get their 6-pack earlier than expected rather than tell them 12% and have them depressed when they get down to 12% and still dont have abs
    Mike
  • Tedebearduff
    Tedebearduff Posts: 1,155 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm fairly certain that I have a fairly strong six pack of abs the only problem is that it is behind some belly fat. I'm pretty lean everywhere else, so it's just this one spot on me that weight goes to that I'm having trouble targeting.

If someone could help me out with a few dieting/exercise tips to help target belly fat I would really appreciate it.

Thanks!

Deadlifts and squats for work outs
  • Rachiepie6
    Rachiepie6 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Good food, exercise, both cardio and strength, and time. Sorry :p
  • halcyonist
    Options
    You can't target areas to lose fat from sadly. Switch your diet up to a leangains or keto and stay hydrated. There's no tips, just a good diet.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    That is the problem with belly fat, it is what shows instead of the six pack underneath. There is no way to target that fat, the only thing to do is to lose it. Look on youtube or at Scoobys website about six packs. Scooby says to have a six pack you have to be at 7% fat or below.
    From his web site:
    1.To have abs, you need to get down to 7% to 12 % bodyfat. Calculate how many pounds fat 7% would be. For example if you weigh 100 pounds, you can only have 7 pounds of fat (100lbs X .07) if you want 6-pack abs.
    ■The precise bodyfat level you need to obtain to see 6-pack abs will vary between 7% and 12% depending on the size of your abs and where your body stores its bodyfat. I’d rather tell people 7% and have them pleasantly surprised when the get their 6-pack earlier than expected rather than tell them 12% and have them depressed when they get down to 12% and still dont have abs
    Mike

And of course, you cannot lose fat from just where you want to, the body chooses where it puts fat and loosed fat. All you can do is diet to get rid of the fat.

The Rippetoe echo, Squats and deadlifts - really for abs? Isometric Deadlift with DB swing to Military Press engages even more of the musculature and forces the core to stabalise far more than squatting or deadlifts.
  • premiumchilenita
    premiumchilenita Posts: 600 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :sad: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • epmck11
    epmck11 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    The stomach tends to be the last place guys lose fat, so it's common for guys to just have that last bit of belly fat covering their abs. The only solution to it is to reduce their body fat even more. You don't get to decide where it comes from, but if you're lean enough, it'll come. Also make sure you have some muscles to show off when you're lean enough -- just being extremely skinny with no muscles underneath isn't a good look either.
  • mirandamayhem
    Options
    You can't target areas to lose fat from sadly. Switch your diet up to a leangains or keto and stay hydrated. There's no tips, just a good diet.

You've obviously missed the You CAN spot reduce thread :sad: :laugh: :devil:
  • stephirocks2012
    Options
    I use the supplement CLA. it has really worked as far as targeting the fat on my thighs and stomach area. I also workout 6 days a week and do not eat red meats, dairy, or drink anything but water and herbal teas...but I have done that for years and I really think the CLA has made a significant difference.
  • vtachycardia
    Options
    I use the supplement CLA. it has really worked as far as targeting the fat on my thighs and stomach area. I also workout 6 days a week and do not eat red meats, dairy, or drink anything but water and herbal teas...but I have done that for years and I really think the CLA has made a significant difference.

Try applying cider vinegar to those areas, it really works.
  • stephirocks2012
    Options

Try applying cider vinegar to those areas, it really works.
  • stephirocks2012
    Options
    Really?? :P thanks that was totally NOT helpful...you know, what works for some may not work for others.... no need to be so sarcastic and rude. Look it up...do some research before you run your mouth. :D
  • Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Get to 10-12% body fat.
  • jawheb
    jawheb Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    For me it was eating enough calories, core
    work outs, weight training and time.
  • invictus8
    invictus8 Posts: 258 Member
    Options
    Get a caloric deficit consistently over a longer period of time. Those abs will pop out.
  • rhondagraymond
    Options
    An ideal weight loss diet for men (http://www.dukandiet.com/) is one which is low-carb (to prevent putting on fat) and high protein (to build muscle mass). You can’t, however, lose weight in ONE spot so I’d suggest you to do a combination of cardio (running, spinning, boxing, swimming etc) and combine it with weight training. Once your weight starts dropping, your body will get toned.
  • toaster6
    toaster6 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    Work on your core.
  • BeanyFrog13
    BeanyFrog13 Posts: 161 Member
    Options
    With mine, I've noticed that first thing in the morning now, I can see them, if I tense hard, I can see them, but generally wandering around, they're under that layer of belly fat that I'm working on losing :D Not that anyone sees them, being a woman I don't tend to wander topless :P but it's quite cool to see them slowly emerging!

All I did to work on mine was basically the calories on here, the cardio workouts and I've started doing crunches which, the last time I did them, I really noticed made a difference, not just in the definition, but in my overall look as I started to hold my stomach in naturally rather than having the belly.

1397731.png
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    An ideal weight loss diet for men (http://www.dukandiet.com/) is one which is low-carb (to prevent putting on fat) and high protein (to build muscle mass). You can’t, however, lose weight in ONE spot so I’d suggest you to do a combination of cardio (running, spinning, boxing, swimming etc) and combine it with weight training. Once your weight starts dropping, your body will get toned.

Stop