Dilemma! Awkward unfriending with mutual friends

Options
13»

Replies

• SofaKingRad
    SofaKingRad Posts: 1,592 Member
    Options
    just do it. if they ask, tell them why. if anyone else asks, they're paying way too much attention to the lives of others on the interwebs.

What she said!
  • LisaWrob9803
    Options
    Just dump him!
  • Jacwhite22
    Jacwhite22 Posts: 7,012 Member
    Options
    I would delete em.....I dont think you would owe them an explanation either...
  • Lleldiranne
    Lleldiranne Posts: 5,516 Member
    Options
    It's not like the site sends them a message that they've been unfriended. So unless this person deliberately goes looking for you (yeah, I know that it can happen) it may take a while to even realize you've unfriended this person.

If the person is constantly tearing you down, there is no reason to keep the person on your friends list.
  • bikinibeliever
    bikinibeliever Posts: 832 Member
    Options
    I delete...then when their buddy PM me.
    Telling what i should do i deleted them.
    This is your page f uck all this popularity contest and high school bu llsh it.:angry:

^^^ I like it!!
  • Stardiva37
    Stardiva37 Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Life is short,get rid of whoever is causing trouble,we r on here to support each other
  • scarlet331
    scarlet331 Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    Honestly, He would be gone in an instant if I was you. This isn't high school where you need a bunch of mutual friends and you do not need the added drama/negativity from that particular person. We are all here as a support system. If he thrives on this negativity, maybe he needs to go on another site and down on others. Continue to do what you are doing and if he replies why, just tell him the truth that his negativity is the reason why he got kicked off.
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options
    You do realize when you post something like this, it goes into your friends' feeds, right? So friend you want to unfriend has seen or probably will see that you posted this topic. I think that's even more awkward than the initial situation you are posting about. lol
  • Jules2Be
    Jules2Be Posts: 2,267 Member
    Options
    just do it. if they ask, tell them why. if anyone else asks, they're paying way too much attention to the lives of others on the interwebs.

What she said!

but i like paying attention to you...member i put the dollar in your cup?
  • dub101
    dub101 Posts: 325
    Options
    Negativity are the carbs of the verbal world and i am trying to cut carbs :)
  • taahine01
    taahine01 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    Do you kow this person personally??? This is not FB where the people on our friends' list are our friends/family/acquaintances that we personally know........Delete him/her and who cares whether you have mutual friends or not......

For myself, MFP is simply a tool to use to help you lose weight/fat and/or maintain a much healthier lifestyle.....that is the main purpose behind MFP.....the friends on MFP are there to support, encourage and advise if asked for as well as to give you reminders every now and then about taking responsibility and being more accountable......that is all.....if there are those on your friends' list that aren't doing any of this and continuing to bring you down, why keep them around??
  • jcmartin0313
    jcmartin0313 Posts: 574 Member
    Options
    I have unfriended people on MFP who are friends with people I am still friends with. I did not do so because of anything negative, but really more because I am easily distracted by all the "extra" chat that goes on. I mean no disrespect when I do it. In the case of the OP, this site is about self improvement so screw whoever is putting you down and dump them.
  • sthrnchick
    sthrnchick Posts: 771
    Options
    Friend deleted...she knew it was her....not sure why so negative towards me....BUT....drama over. I am a strong chick and a lot of woman HATE me.....its ok. DONE!
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    If someone is tearing you down. Get rid of them. If your mutual friends don't like it, *kitten* them too.
  • AlotOfSweatAndPain
    AlotOfSweatAndPain Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Friend deleted...she knew it was her....not sure why so negative towards me....BUT....drama over. I am a strong chick and a lot of woman HATE me.....its ok. DONE!

She's hating on you because she's jealous of your back LOL....nice work!
  • Katahna
    Katahna Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Just say to them, I don't want to be your friend.. it's the same thing as unfriending them, minus the courage.
  • Jenn09870
    Jenn09870 Posts: 66 Member
    Options

Awesome! From your original post, it sounded like you knew what you needed/wanted to do. I would have done it also, but depending on the situation I probably would have sent them a message- no hard feelings, but I believe we are having a personality conflict and the best resolution for me is to remove you.
    The only reason I say this is because they may not know what an a55 they are being. I am not saying engage in a debate over it, just tell them in a nice way they are being a sh1t might make them conscious of it so you save someone else from being miserable.
    I delete...then when their buddy PM me.
    Telling what i should do i deleted them.
    This is your page f uck all this popularity contest and high school bu llsh it.:angry:
    Love this!
  • ishallnotwant
    ishallnotwant Posts: 1,210 Member
    Options

At least it's done and you don't have to stress over it anymore. I hope they leave you alone now.
  • CrysButcher3
    Options
    :ohwell: This kinda upsets me, because I know you. You are very outspoken and very verbal on your status updates, but hey....that is YOU. We are all different. For someone to constantly throw out negative things is pretty wrong on all levels...especially when you are supposed to be *pals* on here. We are ALL on here for the support....and yes, this is not a popularity contest, so SC...I'm assuming you took care of this problem, but don't be upset about it, just do the right thing and move forward.

I will however also add that did you try to talk to this person and tell him/her how upset this was making you first? If the answer is yes and they still do the negative stuff...well....it is best to let them go. (*(*( hugs )*)*) You got this I'm sure. :wink: