Does Pilates give you wider hips & a butt??!

Options
2»

Replies

• ellenxmariex3
    ellenxmariex3 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Nah. I'm white. I got a big butt. It will never go away. But I love it so it's okay :)
  • InvidiaXII
    InvidiaXII Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what caused my butt to mushroom up to twice its original size. Why didn't I suspect those darn pilates?!? To make it worse doing yoga really lengthened my muscles, and now my arms nearly drag on the ground :sad:
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options
    yes, pilates changes your bone structure via a patent pending non surgical process. the "100" exercise actually refers to the amount of growth (in centimeters) you can expect in your pelvic girdle. this in turn will widen your hips and butt.

true story.

^THIS (aliens told me, but I don't know who told her!)
  • SweetxCatastrophe
    SweetxCatastrophe Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    yes, pilates changes your bone structure via a patent pending non surgical process. the "100" exercise actually refers to the amount of growth (in centimeters) you can expect in your pelvic girdle. this in turn will widen your hips and butt.

true story.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. I do pilates (I don't do the "100's" exercise though because physically I can't) but pilates strengthens and lengthens you causing you to be more slender and toned. If this is true please let me know where you found this information.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: I had a really crappy day at work so thank you for that
  • Pimpmonkey
    Pimpmonkey Posts: 566
    Options

true story.

Sorry, but I disagree with you. I do pilates (I don't do the "100's" exercise though because physically I can't) but pilates strengthens and lengthens you causing you to be more slender and toned. If this is true please let me know where you found this information.

Really?!
  • LaurenAOK
    LaurenAOK Posts: 2,475 Member
    Options
    I was wondering what caused my butt to mushroom up to twice its original size. Why didn't I suspect those darn pilates?!? To make it worse doing yoga really lengthened my muscles, and now my arms nearly drag on the ground :sad:

trololololololol :laugh:
  • littlecaponey2
    littlecaponey2 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    Seriously? I had no idea. My butt is big enough, I don't need it to be bigger. I thought it slenderized?
  • angelalf1979
    angelalf1979 Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    No. My 3 children did that for me.
  • QueenChar75
    Options
    LMFAO!!!! (and no pilates or yoga)
  • Phaedra2014
    Phaedra2014 Posts: 1,254 Member
    Options

true story.

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    This thread needs more picture evidence.
  • starcyndycyn
    Options

true story.

WORD. ;)
  • blonde71
    blonde71 Posts: 955 Member
    Options
    Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but women come in all shapes and sizes regardless of ethnicity.

^^^^This.
  • NoxDineen
    NoxDineen Posts: 497 Member
    Options
    Not to sound rude or anything BUT I've notice Caucasian woman are getting big butts and wide hips. & on the trains of NYC sometimes I hear them talking about Pilates. Or I see them with yoga mats and yoga pants.
    Now does Pilates change a woman's body shape?
    NYC is in America. The majority of Americans are fat. Fat people often think and talk about getting un-fat, including things like Pilates.

Don't fall prey to my fave logical fallacy, post hoc ergo proptor hoc (after, therefore because of). Pilates doesn't put junk in your trunk.
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options

true story.
    ^Listen to this women, for she is black and carries a butt therefore knows all about it

Shh lets never speak of this again, because it can cause the pinokio butt syndrome. Its true, this is what happened to me on a subway in new york. Bam it was there. And suddenly, yoga mats and butts that did not exist previously
  • Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
    OMG this is the funniest stuff I've read in awhile. Even better than the Intermittent Farts thread because it's unintentional.
  • professorRAT
    professorRAT Posts: 690 Member
    Options
    woa wait up! please explain this to me!

true story.
    Sarcasm:
    n.
    1. A cutting, often ironic remark intended to wound.
    2. A form of wit that is marked by the use of sarcastic language and is intended to make its victim the butt of contempt or ridicule.
    3. The use of sarcasm. See Synonyms at wit1.

LOL :drinker: wow
  • mndamon
    mndamon Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    There's some quality posts in this thread. Glad I came across it!
  • CoderGal
    CoderGal Posts: 6,800 Member
    Options
    Umm, hate to burst your bubble, but women come in all shapes and sizes regardless of ethnicity.

Common read the thread...the whole point of it was to bursting bubble butts. :drinker: