Anyone from the UK ???

Options

Replies

• charl2712
    charl2712 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm from Nottingham and only joined this site last Friday so completely new to this all and was looking for friends from the UK.

I've started my journey as a few years ago I was super fit and a UK size 10, but then I met my boyfriend and got comfortable and the usual story or staying in and getting take-aways or going out to eat and drinking loads and eventually its caught up with me. I currently weight 172lbs and I'm 5ft3 and I'm hoping to get back to my size 10 weight of approx 128lbs-130lbs.

So it would be great to have some friends on here that can keep me motivated, but also that I can motivate and we can try and reach out goals altogether!!!!
  • sunshine12870
    sunshine12870 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm Chloe and I'm a mummy from Bristol :) Ive been on here for almost 3 months now and have lost over 20lbs so far. In the last 2 months i have taken up running for the first time in my life and have got myself up to running 5k and am loving it! Anyone in the UK feel free to add me x

Well Done Chloe on your weight loss and on now running 5K ;-)
    Thats excellent
  • glenbabe
    glenbabe Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    WALES.....Bump
  • stufielding
    stufielding Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Just outside Birmingham UK - tiny place called Bridgnorth!

6ft 2 - 16 Stone 9 is current weight. Started 5 weeks ago where I was pushing 17.5 stone. Want to enjoy a sport I love more and want to adapt a new lifestyle when it comes to eating and exercise to do so! 15.5 Stone is my target weight.

Love this site... becoming aware of my cal intake has made exercise more fun, love seeing the cal go up on the treadmil. Slowly starting to see the results! i am not in this for a quick fix, complete lifestyle change and having fun along the way!!

Add away anyone - would like to speak with people who do any kind of martial arts training. Exchange good workouts etc.

Cheers!!
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    Hi, York here. good luck with the journey.

:drinker:

Thank You, You too x
  • AliJelliBelli
    Options
    I'm in Ealing in West London. 21 lbs down, another 19 (ish) to go. More friends always welcome! I've a few on here and have found them to be really really motivating!
  • meesh109
    meesh109 Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    Hi all, I'm from Aberdeenshire. I'm on Level 2 Day 2 of the 30 Day Shred.

Please feel free anyone to add me. :-)
  • lilgemforgets
    Options
    I am from Northants (about 30 mins from MK) only been o here a week but trying really hard to lose a little weight and basically imrove my helth and fitness!
  • deales
    deales Posts: 13
    Options
    ME! I'm from England - I live in Northampton :-). Please feel free to add me :-) xx
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    SO many have just 1lbs's to loose .....and my goal seems so far away......need to loose half of me have made a start tho and this site has helped soo much where weight clubs have failed for me

I have 10 Stone to lose, i know its a very big picture, a very long journey, the road seems never ending, no horizon in sight or light at the end of the tunnel, BUT...... you CAN do it, specially on here, its the best thing ive ever found to help.
    Just take it in small steps and give yourself small goals along the way, so every time you reach them you feel a sense of achievment, that will give you a boost and keep you going. x
  • Whitezombiegirl
    Whitezombiegirl Posts: 1,042 Member
    Options
    Wirral girl here!
  • andreawright
    andreawright Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am from Northamptonshire and use MFP off and on. I am on at the moment :-)
  • CraigCooke
    CraigCooke Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Bolton near Manchester...
  • sonyayoung18
    sonyayoung18 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Hi - A Geordie lass here from South Shields . I'm a newbie too, been on MFP for around 8 weeks and am addicted and had the best weight loss than any other diet plan, 16lbs down although my profile says 14lb because I inputted the incorrect weight and don't know how to change it LOL.

Currently training for the Great North Run. When I registered in March and really started to get stuck into my training, I thought I would need to increase my carb intake!! So my diet consisted of bread, bread, pasta, rice and bread and even though I was running on average 20 miles per week, managed to gain around 21lb....I couldn't believe it!!

Thanks to MFP I have had my epiphany and things are back on track. After GNR my boyf and I are going to try for a baby and I'm really dreading the weight gain, but I feel comfortable in the knowledge that I have this site/mobile app to help me lose the baby weight afterwards and hopefully gain some likeminded friends on here. Feel free to add me :)
  • sunshine12870
    Options
    I need to loose 4 stone plus, but I thought no one knew how that felt, How do you stay up beat because Im struggling at the moment the goal seems so far away.

I have 10 Stone to lose and i stay upbeat By not looking at the big picture, I focus more on what ive achieved so far, than what i still have to do, NEVER fall into the trap of looking that far ahead.
    I also give myself small half stone goals and reward myself each time i achieve them, it gives you a massivve boost.
    Stay positive....YOU CAN DO THIS!!!! x
  • jennielou75
    jennielou75 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I am from Swindon originally now south London. I have recently had bariatric surgery so my use of this site is a it different at the moment as getting enough protein is my aim!!!

Whilst I sometimes find the forums a confusing place to be I really enjoy logging everything and feeling in control of my eating.
  • lisamerrison
    lisamerrison Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Hi

I am also from the UK. Near Spalding in Lincolnshire. Have just started last Thursday (although I did start on this site a little while ago but didn't really stick to it).

Feel free to add me as a friend too xx
  • laineymburnett
    Options
    hi joined today, Im from Grimsby in N E Lincs in the UK :)

Elaine x
  • haysamkin86
    haysamkin86 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hello, I'm from the UK. I live in the North West. Today is my first day on the plan. I'm gonna find it hard eating just 1200 cals a day!
  • stefanie1990
    stefanie1990 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi, I'm from Liverpool. Been on MFP since february now. feel free to add me everyone :)