Packing Lunches for Work

Options
123457»

Replies

• jltaft21
    jltaft21 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    Pinterest has lots of bento box ideas. These would help.
  • AbiCusPeck
    AbiCusPeck Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Hey guys! So I am a teacher and have about 20 minutes for lunch. I was doing alot of frozen lean cuisines and such last year but this year I want to try more fresh foods. I have this really cool lunch box that has all these different cubbies that I plan on using for lunches. It looks like this

lunchboxes-rubbish-free-1.jpg

So what I need are suggestions for different things I can put in the different cubbies! Ideas?? I like variety so the more ideas the better!

OMG I want one - where did you get that??
  • fancyacuppa
    fancyacuppa Posts: 66 Member
    Options
    Bump!
    Great thread!
    I make a lot of different salads which I try & mix up a bit (at the moment I'm having pea & goats cheese salad for lunches, with a pitta or wrap) and then just take an array of different veg, nuts & dips to snack on.
  • jrwatson87
    Options
    I'm a big fan of tuna lettuce wraps, carrots or pretzels with hummus, blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, banana and peanut butter, cottage cheese, baby bell cheeses or string cheese, half sandwiches, spaghetti squash, salad, hard boiled eggs, luna bars

anything really, the possibilities are endless. just eat less of whatever it is you like.
  • mirasmom02
    Options
    I can not find that thing and I really want one...need one! I'm starting school (as a college student) in a few weeks & scheduled myself to have an hour off in between my classes so that I have time to sit down and have a decent lunch. Last semester, I ended up skipping lunch alot and then over-doing it with late afternoon snacks and dinner. Do not want to make the same mistake again. Just wondering if you could tell us who the manufacturer is? Maybe it can be found somewhere else online... Big thanks for sharing this with us!
  • KyleB65
    KyleB65 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    One of my favorite work lunches is a spinach salad.

Spinach, red onion, mushrooms, a little feta cheese and I like the Kraft Raspeberry, Poppyseed dressing (yogurt based).

With this I like to bring a piece of fruit and sometimes a hard boiled egg.
  • shyeban
    shyeban Posts: 121 Member
    Options
    Another good lunch (in my opinion) is a piece of bacon cut up and mixed with cottage cheese. MMMMM. I like to have it with some sort of carb, but that's cause I like a crunch.
  • lisamrose1972
    Options
    McDonald's snack wrap has inspired me, so I make my own. 3 oz. Grilled Chicken Breast, 1 TBSP BBQ Sauce, and 1/8 cup of shredded cheese in a medium sized tortilla. Microwave for about 30 seconds. YUM!
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    saving for the great ideas!!
  • shellrocker12
    shellrocker12 Posts: 47 Member
    Options
    I travel around alot in the car for work, and have been struggling with lunch idea's myself.
    I had fun yesterday with a new lunch idea. And it was great!
    1 bagel
    cream cheese spread
    chopped up raw broccoli
    chopped up raw cauliflower
    grated sharp cheese
    sliced black olive ontop of each bagel side.
  • ckay220
    ckay220 Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Snooozie
    Snooozie Posts: 3,447 Member
    Options
    :bigsmile: