Starting 30 Day Shred tomorrow 05-08-12 - friends?

Options

Replies

• mgobluetx12
    mgobluetx12 Posts: 1,326 Member
    Options
    I do 30DS every other day, to give my body time to rest and repair, so it's more of a 60DS for me. I sometimes do other exercises on the days in between too. I lost 5 inches in my first week of 4 workouts!

On Livestrong.com, it basically says 30DS burns 1.11 cals per pound of your weight.

Feel free to add me for support while doing this workout.
  • mummamilla
    Options
    Please excuse my ignorance but what is a 30 day shred?

30 Day Shred is a DVD by Jilian Michaels (The BIggest Loser chick). It's approx 20min everyday. It has 3 levels and most people seem to be doing each level for 10 days = 30 days.

Thanks I will look into it, now that I have some more info.
  • ShellyShuey
    Options
    You're motivating me -- I will start Weds because it's my 44th birthday and I'll be extra motivated/new year :)
  • country_blood14
    country_blood14 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I did W1D1 yesterday, just wanting to stop in and see how everyone else is feeling? I am a little sore, but nothing like I thought I would be! And I am actually excited about doing D2 today! I am hoping that I can take less brakes in todays workout! I finished the whole thing, but had to cut out a couple reps of some of the excerises to take a break, I want to push through today!
  • aim2loseweight
    Options
    Im on day 3 of level one , its pretty hard but you get used to it ;) good luck
  • avocado12
    avocado12 Posts: 197 Member
    Options
    I love 30DS, it really does work. Feel free to add me :)
  • KellyUK1987
    Options
    I started this today. I had to stop to take a breather part way through, but I did manage to get through it eventually.

I'm going to be doing the C25K, alongside 30DS. As well as doing some of Laura London's one minute exercises on YouTube!
  • The_Pink_hornet
    The_Pink_hornet Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    i started 30 day shred on july 28th so just finshed day 10 of level 1 and im feeling good.Starting level 2 tomorrow wish me luck:wink:
  • sharkfrenzy
    Options
    Hey, I just started Sunday, so today will be my third day! Friend me if you'd like :) I've also been taking classes at my gym for extra cardio and have been doing my own strength training. Whatever i feel like or have time for!
  • julieagburton
    julieagburton Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I really need some motivation- i bought the 30 day shred with good intentions- it sits ontop of my fire place! I have yet to try it!! I am in desperate need of motivation- I know I can do it, but always have excuses- I am going to start tomorrow morning... night time there is too much stuff going on unless there is a lull tonight.
  • wboswell88
    Options
    YES! I've been trying to start it again myself. I've done one round but definately need it again. feel free to add me so we can all motivate each other
  • Mama_Mila
    Mama_Mila Posts: 511 Member
    Options
    I started the 1st and todays the 7th soooooo I'm on day 7 :))) You can do it!!
  • Jessicapages1
    Jessicapages1 Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    I have also done the 30 day Shred! when I first started out that is the DVD that was REALLY hard for me,but I made it through,Happy sredding!!
  • amylovesatwix
    Options
    Can someone tell me what the 30 day shred is?? it sounds tough but interesting!
  • Kat5343
    Kat5343 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    I'm in..... feel free to add me anyone....
  • Vemapris
    Vemapris Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    I'm thinking ahead here, but I was wondering what everyone plans are after they complete the 30 days Shred? I’m thinking of moving onto Ripped in 30 or Body Revolution.

I`ve been thinking maybe Ripped in 30...seen a lot of ppl follow that after the 30DS - anyone else thoughts?

Btw, just finished day 3 of 30DS and it's going well minus the complete yawn fest I was having during the workout - that's what I get for working out right after waking....need time for body to wake up! Oh well, sometimes you just don't have a choice. My abs are killing me though - ouch and awesome! :)
  • Vemapris
    Options
    Can someone tell me what the 30 day shred is?? it sounds tough but interesting!

30 Day Shred is a DVD by Jilian Michaels (The BIggest Loser chick). It's approx 20min everyday. It has 3 levels and most people seem to be doing each level for 10 days = 30 days.
  • rose_mortem
    rose_mortem Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    about to go do Day 3... almost chickened out, I don't enjoy the soreness! But I know I have to :tongue:
  • MoonIite
    MoonIite Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I did my workout an hour ago, roughly the same calorie burn as yesterday. Anyone else having trouble doing the anterior raise with alternating side lunge in circuit three? Still cant do it for a minute straight. I plan on doing level 1 for four more days before moving up to level 2. Does anyone here take a rest day? And only do the circuit training 3x a week with cardio in between?
  • Vemapris
    Options
    Yes, I kinda find it awkward to do...but keeping at it. I don`t take rest days...I'm just going straight 30days. I, at this time, don't have time for any extra. Hopefully it works out.