Dear Americans

Options

Replies

• pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    The US has more medals and population is pretty much a moot point since I'm pretty sure the UK has more athletes competing. But okay. :huh:
  • ModoVincere
    ModoVincere Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    To those who said they would crush us British at the Olympics (and there were a few), not really happening is it :smile:

Still butthurt over throwing you tea in a harbor?

Not really sure what that means but :drinker:

And they say American schools are bad?

Ironic post given the errors in the one above.
    oh relax....just having some fun with you
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    I dunno (and frankly don't care) about others but my home girl Claressa Shield is bring home the gold, her, her coach Jason and I are gonna have a big @$$ party and we're gonna celebrate that she kicked *kitten* and how proud her home town is of her!

ETA: PS. Americans have usually dominated Olympics (half of all time sprinters have been from US and so has most other events). We didn't said it because we were cocky, we said because statistically, we usually do bring in more gold
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    you may have more medals be we have Jess Ennis <3 lol
  • swordsmith
    swordsmith Posts: 599 Member
    Options
    meh...we got nothing to prove after kicking your butts a couple hundred years ago...twice. :laugh:

+1

Dont forget saving them from the Germans twice... :)... poke poke
  • TheDoctor90
    TheDoctor90 Posts: 461 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you're going on about WWII when this thread is about the 2012 Olympics...
    (Typical American response: Go to US independence, check. Go to WW2, check.)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    Now, now kids.............can't we all just get along???

USA
    USA
    USA!

:glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses: :glasses:
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    Not sure why you're going on about WWII when this thread is about the 2012 Olympics...

Not sure why you created a thread saying that the UK is beating the US when it's not the case.
  • Turtlehurdle
    Options
    I'm an American and I think it's great. I don't care who wins the most gold medals, it's all about the athletes in the end. All this "who won more medals" mumbo jumbo can beat it.
  • TheDoctor90
    Options

Not sure why you created a thread saying that the UK is beating the US when it's not the case.

Where did I say that? Merely said you're not 'crushing' us, per replies to earlier Olympic threads. :glasses:
  • mixedfeelings
    mixedfeelings Posts: 904 Member
    Options
    the last time there were this many americans in England, we were bailing you out of WWII.

Americans, North or South? US involvement in WWII wasn't simply to bail "England" out.
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    the last time there were this many americans in England, we were bailing you out of WWII.

Americans, North or South? US involvement in WWII wasn't simply to bail "England" out.

I wouldn't try. They do like their revisionist history.
  • ZeroWoIf
    ZeroWoIf Posts: 588 Member
    Options
    Sounds like we gonna use the good ole war to discuss about olympic sports.

yehhawww
  • chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options

http://youtu.be/eQ9AC7GH9Sc
  • TheDoctor90
    Options
    Sounds like we gonna use the good ole war to discuss about olympic sports. Guess that must be a redneck thing.

:laugh:

Also, Sir Chris Hoy I salute you!
  • jadedbutterfly71
    jadedbutterfly71 Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    Really??? Unless you are an athlete IN THE OLYMPICS, YOU have nothing to brag about. Just another smear America thread that doesn't belong on this website anyway. Grow up.
  • corn63
    corn63 Posts: 1,580 Member
    Options
    Sounds like someone has a spoon too small for the *kitten* they're stirring.
  • wolfehound22
    Options
    Not really trying to bash, but what's the point of creating a thread saying, hey you’re only beating us by a good bit, not by a lot. Either way, America still has more medals.
  • gym_king_carlie
    gym_king_carlie Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Bailing us out or not, what matters is our grandfathers and or great grandmothers and grandfathers all fought for our independence, who cares about the rest, the rest is irrelevent, they were all hero's from the US or the UK. that herritage should not be a topic of debate but a topic of reflection and respect
  • watts7787
    watts7787 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    Gold/Silver/Bronze TOTAL

1 China 32 19 14 65
    2 United States 29 15 19 63
    3 Great Britain 19 12 12 43

Population USA: 311,591,917
    Population GB: 62,641,000

I'm not sure why population of the country matters when all it takes to win a gold medal is one person. One very excellent athlete that is. Someone who has trained very hard for a very long time and probably wouldn't want us bickering over which country is better. I think all of them who compete are great and should be VERY proud of themselves. But.... GO USA!!! haha :))
This discussion has been closed.