Caffeine without the Calories?

Options

Replies

• Wenchilada
    Wenchilada Posts: 472 Member
    Options
    Venti Iced Americano is my go-to now. Started out adding a splash of skim, but now I just drink it black with my own stevia drops if I've got them in my purse, or I will have them throw in 2-3 packets of Sweet & Low (hooray, it supposedly doesn't cause cancer anymore!) - 30 calories, give or take, and 300mg caffeine in a venti. BZZZZZZ. Plus it's only $3.16 after tax at my local *$. Still not "cheap" by everyday standards, but you're getting 4 shots of espresso in a cup - no frills, all business.

Speaking of that - I just remembered I was meaning to pick one up on my noon hour... BRB.
  • kraewalker
    kraewalker Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My grocery store stocks caffeinated water, ShockH20. It has about as much caffeine as a cup of coffee and it tastes like plain water.
  • mcdonl
    mcdonl Posts: 342 Member
    Options
    For what it's worth... Salt, Sugar, Alcohol (Ok.. still sugar) and caffeine all have a similar effect on your fluid balance so they should all be avoided.

That being said, I love me some black iced coffee.
  • T34418l3angel
    T34418l3angel Posts: 474 Member
    Options
    Monster absolute zero! I can't make it through a night at work (bartender) without it!
  • hauntgoddess
    hauntgoddess Posts: 109 Member
    Options
    Monster Absolute Zero is my go to!! I get headaches all the time, and I have tried every kind of medication there is for them. Only thing that helps my headaches is a serving of caffeine, and I don't do the high calorie sugar drinks.
  • Treece68
    Treece68 Posts: 780 Member
    Options
    Black tea, green tea, white tea. I get the infusions like Black tea w/ pomegranate, for cold days Plantation Mint I take a box to work and drink like two or three glasses a day
  • KayceRN
    KayceRN Posts: 40
    Options
    Sorry I gave the wrong name for that drink mix it's not true...it's Pure....sweetened with stevia ...
  • AllTehBeers
    AllTehBeers Posts: 5,030 Member
    Options
    I drink Diet Soda. 1-2 per day only. All things okay in moderation. Soda/artificial sweeteners are not "the devil" as long as you don't go OVERBOARD.

Moderation.

I guess smoking 1 or 2 will be alright as well. You know, everything in moderation!

I would bet that smoking one single cigarette a week in an otherwise overall healthy lifestyle would have very little effect on your health. At least not as much as say living and breating in factory driven city air over the country air.
  • vicki81868
    vicki81868 Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    Iced tea with stevia.

Also, Amino Energy by Optimum Nutrition. Grape. Tastes great, builds your immune system, and gives you a good boost!
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options

Srs I quit aspartame a few months ago and my skin complexion cleared up, my sinuses widened, my gout suddenly vanished, my libido is through the roof, I no longer need to sit when I pee (long explanation) and women disrobe around me way more often.

Looking at your profile pic I can see why. Whoops, is that my shirt on the floor?

I approve of this joke.
  • debussyschild
    debussyschild Posts: 804 Member
    Options
    Small volume coffee pots are cheap (like the ones with the 4 cup carafe). If money is an issue, check out local thrift stores for a lightly used one. Sugar free Red Bull is my go-to when I'm out and about, since I prefer coffee with a lot of cream and sugar... However, Red Bull is pricey. Green Tea also has substantial caffeine content and is less likely to give you the jitters.
  • raeleek
    raeleek Posts: 414 Member
    Options
    Green tea! All day every day! :drinker:
  • Leverty35
    Leverty35 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Advocare Spark! I love it and it keeps me focused towards the end of the day.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Not a drink, but Amp & RockStar both make caffeinated gums that works great in a caffeine-deprived emergency.
  • OkobojiMomma
    Options
    AdvoCare Spark!!!!!!!!! Energy, mental focus, caffine, no sugars
  • jolinemariem
    jolinemariem Posts: 462 Member
    Options
    their is something called jo water....its just plain water with caf. added to it
  • tasharock
    tasharock Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Zevia sodas are delightful. Made with stevia instead of aspertame.
  • sarahharmintx
    sarahharmintx Posts: 868 Member
    Options
    I LOVE Monster Rehab - 20 calories, tea/lemonade flavor. Diet Coke. Plain iced tea. Mio Energy.
  • daffodilsoup
    daffodilsoup Posts: 1,972 Member
    Options
    Sugar Free Rock Star is my favorite.
  • ShyFeather
    ShyFeather Posts: 138 Member
    Options

Srs I quit aspartame a few months ago and my skin complexion cleared up, my sinuses widened, my gout suddenly vanished, my libido is through the roof, I no longer need to sit when I pee (long explanation) and women disrobe around me way more often.
    Let me love you :flowerforyou:

@Topic: Get a coffee maker? You'll save so much more money in the long run than buying out everyday. And if you like creamer I suggest fat-free half and half. Only 10 calories a tablespoon.